ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

How would you fix the WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2004, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Captain_Strange is on a distinguished road
Exclamation How would you fix the WWE?

Seriously, all this WWE bashing has got me thinking.

Please, no "I'd fire all the bookers and tell Vince to shut up" answers ... or the painfully obvious "fire all the crap workers and get AJ Styles and half ther TNA crew" which I'm sure they'd love to do if they could. Some serious ideas for how to shake things up.

I had high hopes for the brand lottery. I thought they were going to lottery-brand everyone, just shake the whole system up. I thought they really crapped out in the end.

So, short of a complete re-brand, I'd shuffle up the titles a bit. Probably drop the cruiserweight title (as much as I'd hate to see it go) because it holds great CWs like Shannon Moore and Paul London back from ever being taken seriously. I'd put all the CWs in contention for the mid-card USA championship, and basically tell all the "big men" wrestlers that their options were to either pull it up to Championship status or learnt to wrestle with smaller men and still make them look good.

Also, I'd drop the women's title. Only a few of them are actually any good, and those that are are good enough to wrestle the smaller guys anyway, so why not just let them go after the IC title?

And to even the brands out, I'd swap Jericho for Rikishi. Then make Jericho SD's top heel ("Oh, Cena, you like to think Smackdown's your show? Well, welcome to THURSDAY .... NIGHT ... JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!!!" - let's face it, it gets your blood racing more than Jericho as the whiny pussy face!!!) and give the 'kish (who I always thought was under-rated) a sort of combination of Cool Dude and Wild Samoan and let him run around on the mid card, helping flesh out Garrison Cade and such.

I hate to do this to the wee guy, when he has so much heart and talent, and it's so nice to see someone pick up a character and really, really run with it for all he's got, but someone has to tell Hurricane to just ... f'kng ... stop ... please! No-one takes him seriously any more, but he's not funny, so what is he?

I don't know what I'd do with him - maybe a Dark Hurricane would be kinda cool for a while ... but I think he's a wasted talent right now.

And I'd turn RVD heel as well - from what I've read, he's sick of his "cool guy" character, and they've missed the boat on a great feud between him and HHH: RVD as the laid-back (subtly implied pot-smoking) pacifistic, possesionless buddhist-like dude who needs no money, no championship belt, no toys, no action figures, no posters and no magazine covers, just the respect of the fans, and HHH as the money-hungry, fame & glory addict who just can't understand why his constant mocking of RVD's lifestyle doesn't annoy RVD (you know, RVD drives a tiny rental car, HHH drives a limo and laughs at him). I know the WWE like to work real-world scenarios into its characters, and RVD once stated that he didn't need a championship to know he was popular, so why not work that in (HHH: "I'm the champion, Rob! I'm the top dog!", RVD: "Whatever ... I know who these people came to see" <does the thumbs>).

Perhaps you could do that off of Layfield as champ, but quite frankly Bradshaw needs to go back and headline Wrestlemania 5. Yes, he's a good worker, and I stand by his actions recently - he's just being a classic heel, a great old-fashioned heel, and that's brilliant .... in 1987, when we really gave a rat's ass. I'm sure Smoky Mountain Wrestling is still going - perhaps he could make a killing there. Because he's just dying on Smackdown. (kinda like Paul Bearer ... oops! )

Anyway, must stop ranting and spouting ideas long enough to eat!!!
Captain_Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2004, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

eric1229 can only hope to improveeric1229 can only hope to improve

honestly, this is much simpler than people realize. they don't need a bunch of weird signings or gimmick changes. they just need to open it up a lot more. take a few weeks on each show and change the titles around so we don't know what is coming. giving the titles to eddie and benoit was a good step. now they need to throw them around a little more. we won't know what's coming anymore and that will help with interest.
eric1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

save gimmick matches for ppvs. that will make the ppvs seem special, and not just like anothjer episode of the tv show.

eliminate the hoky elements of the show that are stupid (2 people discussing secret plans IN FRONT OF A CAMERA) and (daft moves that just look stupid)

encourage more use of certain moves we don't see as much anymore, like backbreakers and jawbreakers.

encourage the use of more psycology in a match. these days most wrestlers simply trade periods of offence leading to a finish. I think it wouldbe good if there was a lot more instances of working certain body parts to soften an opponent up.

For instance, booker uses the axe kic k as a finisher. he should use a few neckbreakers and back suplexes throughout the match to sofen them up for the axe kick, so that it has more effect. and if he does a rest hold, he should do a reverse chin lock, or a camel clutch.

alternatively, a wrestler fightng booker T shoud do moves to work his legs, so that they weaken his kick and prevent him from hitting the axe kick.

this means the matches seem more realistic, and there are more ways that 2 guys can fight each other without relying on gimmicks to keep the action fresh.

More heel tactics.
the heels should use more of the old eyerake, choke-on-the-ropes, rope assisted restholds and using the tights/ropes for pins when ever they can. It gets cheap heat for the heel and allows more possibilities in a match.

also, the heels should always do some cheating early in a match, so reinfrce the fact that thy are HEELS.

hire someone to keep up track of past storylines, to avoid stupid continuity errors.

i think all those little things will help make wrestling better.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Use talented wrestlers and push them to their full potential
Take the title off of JBL and then fire him
Try to bring back Brock

That's pretty much all I'd do,I'd love to do the JBL thing.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Yankee

Crossface is on a distinguished road

To even the brands out, Id trade FBI for La Resistance.
Crossface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Captain_Strange is on a distinguished road

You mean to say the FBI still exists? I thought they died or something - along with Sean O'Haire and Shannon Moore ...
Captain_Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

The wwe is in a severe downtime right now mostly because the only wrestler left from the attitude era is HHH.

Vince is starting to actually impress me a little since he is finally going to push randy orton to ME status.

Vince is still toying with a a few stupid storylines tho (Kane and Hardy, rosey and hurricanes superhero gimmick etc.)

If i was Vince i would start putting more emphasis on the wrestling aspect and not the entertainment aspect. I mean comon no one gives a flying fuck about a diva search.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

The first thing I would do is stop the whole brand thing. I think it's just stupid. I would drop the Heavyweight championship belt, (Not the WWE championship belt), the Cruserweight belt, and the Women's title. I would also change the titles around a bit more.

Anther thing I would do is stop living off the little steam left from the Attitude era, and start a whole new one. I would also push the younger talent, sence they are the future. I would also get rid of about half of the PPV's. Make them so there not just a monthly show, and a little more desireable to watch.

I would drop the whole Hurricane/S.H.I.T. gimmick. It's stupid, and not working. I would bring back DX for about a year or two to help get the new era going. Perhaps even do a Evolution vs DX storyline. I would sign on some better talent, guy's like Sting...AJ Styles...ect. I would fire JBL. I would get a new SmackDown! titantron. (I'm getting sick of the big fist thing). Another thing I would do is make it so that the fans are always guessing what's going to happen next. One more thing I would do is focus more on the wrestling, and not the entertainment. (Isn't that what made the WWE what is is?)
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 10:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Why fire JBL?...The Man has proved he is a great heel...he's put on 3 Outstanding Matches with Eddie..I mean..what the hell is wrong with you people?..
Old 04 Aug 2004, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

He has proven he is a great heel, but i'm still pissed at him for germany. If not fire him, I would make him publicly appoligize, then suspend him.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I would fire the writers.
Old 04 Oct 2004, 11:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

pollobeah is on a distinguished road

i would fire the writers. i would keep all of the talent that is thee right now and hire a bunch more. guys like sting, sean o' hair, hulk hogan, nash, hall, and bret hart. and a lot more. i would do more gangs. i would make it a mix of wwf/e, wcw, and ecw. i would get rid of the brand but keep the belts and the belts would just stay on the different shows and the champs could only defend that belt on that show.
pollobeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2004, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I would redo the wcw /ecw war and not have it end sop pitifully.
Old 05 Oct 2004, 01:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Ohhh this would be my solution...

Rebuld the Tag Team Division, Not enough interest is generated from the fans so I'll reunite Tag Teams, Bring back the drama in Tag Teams with Back-stabbing and Trade Some Superstars back from the other Brands like take Tajiri & Shelton back to SmackDown! and Re make some fallen Tag Teams on RAW, E to the C and Reinject Evolution back into the Tag Scene.

Have the Women's Division Match up first, That should keep some Male viewers hooked in first and have about 2/5 of the Back Stage segment in the first half of the Show.

I'd Also pass the Titles a little more around more often keeping Fans guessing on what's gonna happen, Plus if we go fast enough we might blindside your internet fans. Average it out to a different Inttercontinental Champion once of twice each month.

Also, Guessing Angles, Everybody loves the Good old guessing game, Like who ran over Stone Cold blah blah. It keeps Internet and Casual Fans interested. I'd say atleaast 1 every two months.

Gimmicked Match, HIAC, TLC, Chamber, 6 - Man Elimination, Anything where something special is built for the match, Fans love that shit. I mean I was on the edge of my seat when they announced the Elimination Chamber.

Less Heel/face Turns, Its become to dead so I'll limit it a lot more so when somebody does turn it will become more of a surprise.

For SmackDown! I'd put the Cruiserweight Match, Usually a 3 way match on the top of the Hour, that should hook in fans too without drawing them away instantly with an opening promo.

Utilize that Hidden Camera thing they had on RAW last year, that gave backstage happenings a lot more interesting even though it would've been the same with the camera.

---------

I'll add more later....