ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

How Big A Loss Was Kurt Angle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2004, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Captain_Strange is on a distinguished road
Default How Big A Loss Was Kurt Angle?

Bit of a random rant this, but I was watching that Impact! show recently, and I'm so impressed, but it made me think of Kurt Angle.

Since losing Kurt, Smackdown has A: been left with no capable heels B: been pinning all it decent mic work on Cena (Angle filling the boring and predictable GM's role) and also C: has lost the ONLY heavyweight capable of working different styles AND weight classes.

That's what annoys me about the WWE right now - it's like "oh, look - a big man facing a little man ... let's see, punch, punch, no-sell .... big bump, big bump, 2 count ... nippy reversal, dropkick, dropkick ... big bump, big bump, 3 count. Yep, that should do it". Then you look at Abbyss and AJ Styles.

I don't care what you say about NWA:TNA, if you stop being a fanboy for a minute or two you will realise that these guys are not brilliant. AJ has amazing talent and his spots are just insanely tight, but he's devoid of character or pace - he's a solid, talented wrestler, but not much of an artist with it. Abbyss is ... well ... how sure *are* we that it's not John Tenta under there?

But they make a great pair in the ring, because they neither treat the other person in a specific way because of their size, nor do they go into the match with only their own style in mind. In that tag team match, I saw AJ slow down more than I have seen him in X division matches. And Abbyss didn't just do the WWE's hammer-the-little-guys-back-all-night maneuver.

The fact is, the WWE guys just don't seem to know how to adapt to anything - they basically seem content to make it two guys hitting each other back oand forth for 6 minutes, followed by a screw job.

Yawn.
Captain_Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2004, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I do agree with you about Impact,the guys on there are fucking amazing,especially AJ Styles and his Styles Clash.They are getting some big names now like Ken Shamrock,Jeff Hardy(not a big name to some),and a few others I think.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2004, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I think Impact will be Raw's competitor in the next couple of years like Nitro was. SD lost all it's top superstars

Big Show- Out on a injury, he was SD's top heel but I think when Big Show left, SD lost it's backbone.

Brock Lesnar- Another top heel and at one time the top face on SD but now since he's gone, SD dosen't have a top face that could draw anymore (Eddie can draw but I don't think he can draw as much as Lesnar did).

Kurt Angle- He needs to get back n the ring and do what he does best and that is wrestle, I like his GM role but he is a much better wrestler than a GM IMO.

Since those 3 main guys are either injured or gone, SD has lost it's star power. JBL is now the top heel on SD and I think he is doing a great job, same with Eddie but at one point or another there going to get tired of having all this pressure on them from being the top 2 main guys. Taker is going to help out now as being a top guy on SD and being thrown into the mix but the fans will start to get tired of seeing Taker vs. JBL, JBL vs.Eddie, Eddie vs. Taker at all there ppv's. Bottom line is IMO, SD needs to have more star power and hopefully when Big Show and Kurt start to wrestle again, SD will have it's star power back
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
I think Impact will be Raw's competitor in the next couple of years like Nitro was. SD lost all it's top superstars
SD isn't supposed to be a top program - it's quite clearly creating new stars for the future. Anyway, it hasn't lost them all - JBL, Eddie, Cena, Taker... their top 4.

Quote:
Big Show- Out on a injury, he was SD's top heel but I think when Big Show left, SD lost it's backbone.
What are you smoking? He's got time off... and he wasn't the top heel... Lesnar was... he left... but what's this next quote?

Quote:
Brock Lesnar- Another top heel and at one time the top face on SD but now since he's gone, SD dosen't have a top face that could draw anymore (Eddie can draw but I don't think he can draw as much as Lesnar did).
Again, what are you smoking? SD has Eddie and Cena, who draw shitloads, on top of that, Taker, who the people come to see.

Quote:
Kurt Angle- He needs to get back n the ring and do what he does best and that is wrestle, I like his GM role but he is a much better wrestler than a GM IMO.
He had neck surgery I think... he's not in ring condition...

Quote:
Since those 3 main guys are either injured or gone, SD has lost it's star power. JBL is now the top heel on SD and I think he is doing a great job, same with Eddie but at one point or another there going to get tired of having all this pressure on them from being the top 2 main guys.
No, not really. Your statement will apply to anything really... people will get tired of Brock vs Show... Brock vs Angle... they've been done to death. Eddie and JBL as top guys is better than Brock vs Angle every week... which has been done in excess of 3 times...

Quote:
Taker is going to help out now as being a top guy on SD and being thrown into the mix but the fans will start to get tired of seeing Taker vs. JBL, JBL vs.Eddie, Eddie vs. Taker at all there ppv's.
He'll more than help out, but the same thing applies... Brock vs Taker, Angle vs Taker, Show vs Taker... people will get sick of that too, that's irrelevant.

Quote:
Bottom line is IMO, SD needs to have more star power and hopefully when Big Show and Kurt start to wrestle again, SD will have it's star power back
See my above arguments. You're so wrong it's not funny.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

anyone else think this belongs in General?.....mods?.....

anyway, Angle as a wrestler is/was a huge loss to the franchise of Smackdown.....however, he had been played out among the feuds, with the exception of the Undertaker.....

SD has become a little more of an old school wrestling show, mixed with a little of the WWF style.....I, for one, don't really mind it.....I like the fact that they have put a few new people into the title mix......Bradshaw is a very good heel, and is capable in the ring.....Bob Holly got a few people behind him early in the year.....

face it, last year you had Brock vs Angle each week.....all year long......you had Big Show vs Eddie......all year long.....this year has actually been a little refreshing to see, and if Angle can come back he shouldn't be immediately thrown into the title mix.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2004, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower5150
Losing Kurt was huge.
No Shit.....

Angle was a huge part of SmackDown! A True American Wrestling Hero, the man could out wrestle you blindfolded. Kurt was a Big loss indeed but alteast their harnessing his heel crowd reaction in promos, I mean that;s better than nothing. But of course this give time for other supersars to shine up, although it may not be happening now, it may happen sooner or later......
Old 04 Jul 2004, 05:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

kurt was better than JBL even if i have only been a kurt fan for 2 months at the most . on the other hand , brock was a bigger loss than kurt
Old 05 Jul 2004, 12:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hardy V1
kurt was better than JBL even if i have only been a kurt fan for 2 months at the most . on the other hand , brock was a bigger loss than kurt

This is really off topic, but cant you only have 2 sigs?
-Tiga- is offline   Reply With Quote