ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The Best & Worst WWE Gimmicks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2004, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default The Best & Worst WWE Gimmicks?

Well, The WWE is Knwon for having far out over the top Gimmicks so we're here to rememember back and remember those that were gold and those that were shit. Back when Kane acted like he was Burnt in a fire as a Child, back When Jericho had a giant goatie and Back when Cena was Cool try to remember what have been your favourite gimmicks the WWE had put into effect, Not mention all the horrid ones that come to mine while thinking back.....

My Favourite Gimmick: D-Generation X, the 90's Answer to Evolution, But Better and of course if you don't like that then I have to words for you.....

Well it had to be said......

Worst Gimmick: This required thought but, Crash Holly going into a Show, Having 15 different guys jump him and after all the mayhem he ends up retriving it at the end of all the bullshit, They named it the "Holly Houdini" Gimmick because every night Crash seemd walk out of every show with the belt around his waist. That's why he had the Harcore title 23 times, making him the most decorated Champion in WWE History.

Plus, Remember Bradshaw's Custom hardcore belt, man that was bitchin', I think that was a taste of the man's money pull.

Last edited by Dante; 25 Jun 2004 at 06:41 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2004, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I believe my avatar will sugest what I think isthe best gimmick ever. Even if it has been proven that he abuses the snake.

The worst I'd have to say is Eugene. Failing that Doink.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2004, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

The worst I'd have to say is Eugene

Oh man I so have to agree,I have seen some dumb ones in the past 20+years but that one takes the cake. I just can't for the life of me understand why Vince would think that was a good idea!

I have to say I think the best ever would have to be Hulkamania because face it that changed everything about wrestling and it would never be the same which was a good thing,also Taker,HBK and Austin stands out to me as being the best ever.

As much as I love RVD forgoodness sake they need to do something with him instead of waisting his tallent,I mean the guy has nothing to go on.
I say turn him heel, die his hair balck,take it down and dress him in all balck,in otherwords make him like"This is the real RVD,he's pissed off at being walked all over and he'll cut down anyone in his way. I'd love to see that happen.

Oh yeh I do have to agree Jake and his snake was one of the best and if anyone remembers JYD,the great Junk Yard Dog,that was one of my all time favs.

Last edited by Takers bad girl; 25 Jun 2004 at 02:03 PM.
Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2004, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

Greatest Gimmick: RVD (Whole F'in Show) in ECW

Worst Gimmick: Eugene, Evolution, Mae Young/Mark Henry Affair

Gimmicks I didnt like: Taker turning bad ass =(

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

well since I haven't seen every gimmick it'd be unfair for me to decide which the best and worst ones are but my favorite gimmicks have always been D Generation X and darkside Taker. The worst I would have to say is Mr. America or Kane's frankenstein gimmick. Years from now when Eugene's retired I'll probably look back and think of his gimmick as being the worst but he is way over with the fans and it is interesting to see where this angle with Triple H is going.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Out of all the bad gimmicks I would say the worst would be Isaac Yankem. His music was horrible and so was the idea that he was an evil dentist. Pre Kane.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.
uh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IseCreme
Out of all the bad gimmicks I would say the worst would be Isaac Yankem. His music was horrible and so was the idea that he was an evil dentist. Pre Kane.
lmfao I forgot all about Isaac Yankem. Don't forget the fake Diesal
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

worst .... steven regal "the real mans man" almost ruined regals career

best .... raven ... simlpe, tothe point, and oh ya, scott levey is way smarter than all of us

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

The evil dentist gimmick sounds horrid...

Since I've been a wrestling fan, I've liked kane's monster gimmick...if they would actually make him like a monster. Cena's was good when he was heel.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote