ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Does anyone else miss the days...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2004, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Does anyone else miss the days...

When there was no brand extension?

I could go on and on ranting why I don't like the brand extension, the bottom line is that I've always thought it sucks, I think Smackdown got the short end of the straw and I was againest the draft when it started. In fact I was the one with my jaw dropped saying "they can't be doing this" when Linda McMahon first announced the draft.

Am I the only one who wants to see new fueds, new tag teams, new stables, new matches, new fantasy match ideas, new storylines, title mergers, and the end of general managers and the revivial of the commissioner role?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I hate the brand extension, but I fully understand the reasoning behind it.....guaranteed contracts have a lot to do with it.....regardless, I think they would be going backwards to end it now.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I do miss the the days before the Brand Extension but I agree with Oeo that they would be going backwards if they ended it now,it would be nice if they did end it but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

ive always hated the brand extention as well .... ive almost completely stopped watching smackdown because of it, and honestly, im surprised i still watch wrestling at all ....

moreso .. i miss having wcw and ecw to watch as well, we got more of a variety, and since we dont get tna except on ppv in canada, there is no other choice but wwe, which kinda sucks

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

If they go back half the country will like it more than the war in Iraq.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
NWO 4 LIFE!!!!!!

Kevin Nash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Nash Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Nash

Quote:
If they go back half the country will like it more than the war in Iraq.
Definitely! lol

I kind of got out of wrestling when they did the gay brand extensions
Kevin Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I understand why it's nessasary, like salary caps in sports, it's to give the other's a better chance for TV time, The reason is because they would limit the Main stars taking up time on Both Shows and giving all the other superstar minimal Exposure. I mean sure Triple H is great but I don't feel like seeing him two times a week.....

Whatever.....
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 11:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Yea I miss the good ol' days of the WWE, where both Raw and SD weren't separate. I still don't like the idea of it and I think that if the WWE were to get rid of the brand extension, the ratings for both Raw and SD would be higher than it is now. But if it weren't for the brand extension we would of probably never noticed guys like Randy Orton and John Cena. It would of always been the same guy on top of both shows and guys like Orton and Cena would of never gotton the kind of push there getting now. If the WWE would ever get another competior like WCW, both Raw and SD would probably unite again because I think the whole point of the extension was to get alittle bit of competition in the WWE
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2004, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

i miss it they could build better feuds with no split. and now they have to have their main feuds go on for 3 or 4 mths because they only have 4 shows to build a feud instead of 8
Old 24 Jun 2004, 01:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I've supported the brand extension from the beginning, but they have handled it awful at times.

I like HHH a lot, but I don't want him taking up a shitload of time on both shows.

Instead of one night a week, HBK would be whoring out the spotlight TWO nights a week. Who wants to see that?

Kane would be on two nights a week.

RVD might be on two nights week.

We might not have guys like Orton, Benjamin, Batista, Cena, LEsnar (when he was there), etc.

There definitely wouldn't be any cruiserweights.

More women's matches.

Benoit and Eddie probably wouldn't have ascended to these heights.

The brand extension isn't all good though. They completely fucked up the second lottery draft, the tag division became watered down, they still don't use cruiserweights to their advantage, etc. Also, some feuds are very well developed, and last a good amount of time, but sometimes it still seems like they rush everything right before the PPV.

Fact is, the brand extension has been a positive. Everyone doesn't see it that way though
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2004, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

The brand extension is good, especially now. The big stars are on RAW so they dont whine and complain that they dont get TV time, and so that the mark fan base stays. Smackdown is nothing more than a training program - they're grooming the kids to become superstars when wrestling comes out of this slump. Don't put it down to the brand extension, about ratings - to the news media, it's 'uncool'. That's why.