ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

eugene is screwed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jun 2004, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road
Default eugene is screwed

eugene is unbeleivably over at the moment, but that wont last.

you know why?

eugene is the lates in a long list of "underdog babyfaces".

the story of the underdog baby face is always the same:
  • the hell dismisses the babyface as a joke
  • they pose when hey have the upperhand, so much so that the face recovers
  • the face does a few counters, which totally shocks the heel
  • the heel gets angry and does things like wild blind charges to get conutered and backdropped alot
  • the face wins
  • the face beats more and more heels, each one being called a big upset
  • the face gets super over

but it all goes pear shaped for the faace, when someone TAKES HIM SERIOUSELY!!!! They usually beat him and he looses all momentum and pretty much gets reduced to jobber status and never reaches his previous level of popularity.

apply that formula to barry horrowitz, 123 kid, the later x-pac incarnation, and almost fits perfectly to zak dowen (thoug he didnt win, much) , and spike dudley.

the same will also happen to eugene and shelton. when the noelty of "upset" wins wears off, there wont be much appeal to shelton OR eugene.

can yo imagine eugene in a ppv main event?

me neither.

while hhh, orton and flair have jobbed to shelton, that sort of thing happens very rarely. and in kayfabe they happened due to the heels UNDERESTIMATING SHELTON just like heels UNDERESTIMATED EUGENE.

If a main heel taked an underdog seriousely, they nearly always loose

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2004, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Well Of Course Trips is going over Eugene....I mean..Eugene vs. Benoit for Summerslam wouldn't look too great..But It won't be a squash...And I for one Think that Eugene wil remain extremely popular...whether he wins or loses..
Old 16 Jun 2004, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Sad that Eugene at this point will be the most over in his career then he ever will be after this gimmick. Watching Raw this past monday, I saw so many Eugene signs that it made me have to do a double take when looking at the crowd. He truly is popular now due to the 'underdog' angle they are going with. Funny cause they always say Benoit is an underdog but I can't even remember the last match "he" lost......

This is it for Nick, the peak of his career. Realisticly he will never be as popular in the eyes of the WWE fans as a respectable wrestler as he is now. He isn't respected for his wrestling though anyways even though he should be. The gimmick will run its course in less then 18 months, and in that time we will either see Eugene as a heel or on Heat. Because I know for fact that 18 months from now he will not be as hot as he is now.

HHH needs to go over in this match, its a given, because Hunter almost has a losing record this year, and losing to Eugene for no reason would be senseless....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2004, 07:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

i expect eugene and hhh will have a no-contest, thanks to kane running in.

i think they are building for a hhh kane benoit main event, so that hhh or benoit can win without pinning the other.

i think the handling of eugene really needs to be done carefully so as not to kill his momentum.

eugen e should not have been put in a situation against a guy like hhh, he should still be fighting lower-card wrestlers and having tag matches

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 17 Jun 2004, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Ralph Wiggum is on a distinguished road

Nick was most popular when he was Doink #5
Ralph Wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2004, 01:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

eugene wont last long , i think shelton will though coz hes a good wrestler , not a gimmick wrestler . eugene is good at wrestling but the gimmick will never match up to the rock , or even the hurricane in terms of how long it lasts
Old 17 Jun 2004, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

i dont see a great future for shelton untill his personality really comes out.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER