ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

naff finishers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jun 2004, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road
Default naff finishers

dnt you think heltons weird powersla is a bit naff? it just doesnt look like a possible move?

why dowrestlers mkeup such daft finishers?

there are also oo many basic moves that nevr get used, like backbreakers or drop toe holds, why is this?

it seems wrestlers are too concerned about doing unique moves so they seem to hve to think up new stuff even if it looks stupid. like the edgeomatic

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2004, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

God Tin...If I could understand what you said.....Ummm...I guess it's because A finisher is supposed to be unique...and supposed to stand out from the rest of your arsenal..even if it looks stupid...I think thats what you asked anyway.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Do you actually look at what you type? LOL
Old 12 Jun 2004, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Is a naff like a....

Got-Damn...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2004, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Wrestlers use a lot of unique moves to make themselves stand out from the rest of the roster.

... look how far drop toe holds got Lance Storm ....
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2004, 11:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yes Shelton's Powerslam is well, stupid and very qeak, It's the case of most of wrestlers, For Christ sakes Hogan had a Leg Drop! Rock has a Elbow Drop! Scotty Has a chop to the face WTF! Finishing Moves are way over-rated these days because people have become so obsessed with making these so damn good that it basically consumes the entire match when executed, Notice in a Billy kidman match everyone is quiet until Billy Climbs the top rope to deliver that Insanely cool finishing move, that's all the man has with those people....

His insanely cool finisher, Finishers are why over-rated and there is nothing we can do to change it sadly....
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2004, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

You would think though they would get a better finisher for Shelton, but I guess his modified powerslam will have to do. (Better than the fucking stinger splash finisher)
Old 16 Jun 2004, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

hogan had a legdrop, but he WAS over anyway, and it wasnt just a legdrop it was three punches, a bigfoot and a legdrop.

rock's elbow started as a transitional mid-match move, just to get heat. the more he did it, the more heat he got. so when he turned face, he got huge reactions for it. Same goes for the worm. The reason the peoples elbow works is that first he hits either the rock botom or the Pinebuster.

Now im not saying that everyone should do the same finisher, and especially not use drop toe holds to win matches, what i am saying is this:

1) there are loads of moves you never see any more, why does every one do the same few moves when there are many acceptable (not that dangerouse) moves you never see anymore?

2) the finish is the last things the fans will see of match, and usually the part they remember longest. so why leave them with a memory of a stupid move?

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 16 Jun 2004, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

He has a nasty Superkick, but I guess that's "stealing" from HBK
Old 16 Jun 2004, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

wwho's stealing? benjamin? he still uses it, and its different from shawns anyway

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER