ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Question regarding the champs:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2004, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Question regarding the champs:

Ok, I keep hearing how Benoit is the woooorst champ in years and how he's so boring and that he hasn't had a good match since WMXX and yadda yadda yadda...

But what about Eddie?

Whats he done thats been so much better?

Are his promos *Really* that much better?

I frankly can't stand to listen to the guy for more than a minute. All the same shit about drugs and family and "ese vato holmes." Shut the fuck up already, putos.

Are Eddies matches that much better?

Seems to be the same stuff we've been seeing from Eddie for the last couple of years. Pretty routine stuff it seems.

Isn't Eddie smaller than Benoit?

Benoit is 5'10". Eddie is 5'8''. Benoit outweighs him by upwards of fifteen pounds.

So whats all the exclusive talk about Benoit beign too small, I hear about Matt Hardy, Christian, and Chris Jericho as champs all the time, and Benoit is bigger than all of them(I'll check my facts later on that one, but... look at them).

Anyway... I'm just calling for a bit of perspective on Benoit, cause I don't think he's being treated fairly. I'm not being hostile, nor do I want this to turn into hostility.

Any thoughts on this?

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2004, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Ok, I keep hearing how Benoit is the woooorst champ in years and how he's so boring and that he hasn't had a good match since WMXX and yadda yadda yadda...

But what about Eddie?

Whats he done thats been so much better?

Are his promos *Really* that much better?

I frankly can't stand to listen to the guy for more than a minute. All the same shit about drugs and family and "ese vato holmes." Shut the fuck up already, putos.

Are Eddies matches that much better?

Seems to be the same stuff we've been seeing from Eddie for the last couple of years. Pretty routine stuff it seems.

Isn't Eddie smaller than Benoit?

Benoit is 5'10". Eddie is 5'8''. Benoit outweighs him by upwards of fifteen pounds.

So whats all the exclusive talk about Benoit beign too small, I hear about Matt Hardy, Christian, and Chris Jericho as champs all the time, and Benoit is bigger than all of them(I'll check my facts later on that one, but... look at them).

Anyway... I'm just calling for a bit of perspective on Benoit, cause I don't think he's being treated fairly. I'm not being hostile, nor do I want this to turn into hostility.

Any thoughts on this?

-Trevelbond-
You gots a point there Trev. Ive also noticed that they are both simular in some ways. To answear your question about "Eddies matches that much better?". I think they are. Eddies last big match was against JBL. It was a great match. Now Way Out, Eddie vs Lesnar, also a great match. People say Benoit hasnt had a good match since WMXX which is partly true IMO. He had a good match at Backlash from what i hear but since then, it hasnt been to good. I agree with you about Eddies promos. He does always talk about family, drug and shit. It is boring sometimes since he has said it so many times. Those promos are better then Benoits IMO. I find Benoits to be really boring whenever he does one. He did improve a lot though. In the end, both of them are simular but i think Eddie is better only because he always trys harder in the ring. Benoit does work hard to but Eddie beats him in that department. I mean, Eddie almost killed himself against JBL. I dont see Benoit doing that kind of stuff. Benoit is good though, even if i dont really like him a lot. He is starting to get under-rated by a lot of fans.

Last edited by Darkstar; 10 Jun 2004 at 09:59 PM.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2004, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I think saying bad things about Eddy, one of the best WWE champions in the last 15 years isn't really gonna get people to respect Benoit. Exspecially when Eddy is the total package.

But aside from that Benoit has yet to be a proven as a good champion. Not because he botches the Cross-Face more often now, or because he can't cut a promo like others. But because he isn't being treated like the World Champion. The weight of the show for the most part has nothing to do with Benoit. Right now you've got the HHH/HBK sega, which means a lot of time because Evolution also have to be in the mix with their own matches. The you got Lita/Kane/Matt Hardy which gets more press and spolight over Benoit, then you got the Jericho/Christian/Trish/Tomko fued that takes high place above anything Benoit is doing.

Add those three things, in with the time that is put into The Womens division, and I'd say that Benoit is bearly above the Women's division. Which puts him above only two factors on Raw; that Tag and Women divisions. And he is the World Champion. And while I myself like Benoit, I can't seriously find a reason to firmly stand by him on certain things. Benoit has yet to main event a ppv or a raw in a singles match for the World title. He is always involed with 2 or more other people whenever he is in a main event, and it doesn't help that HHH and HBK are the focus point of raw at the moment.

You truly can not expect people to respect Benoit as champion when the company he is the champion of doesn't truly respect the fact that he is the world champion. But yeah the "he's to short, he's to small" talk is stupid, and have no valid argument when it comes to the calibur of wrestler such as Benoit. Thoug imo, he is past his prime, and he is lackig something in his matches of late to me.....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 01:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Dre said it best, simple as that. Nothing else I can say that Dre didn't say for me except for one thing, and that's about what Benoit is missing.

His finishing moves are just old now. I like Benoit, and I have liked him for a while, but that flying headbutt is bad. He never gets a pinfall out of it. He needs a nice power finishing maneuver to compliment the Crossface, so that he isn;t using that to end every match. I'm not sure what he could use that isn't banned by the WWE ( ), but I think that would help him out so much. It would be fresh and something new.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 02:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

What Beniot is suffering from is lack of Charisma and shitty booking.

Thats the biggest flaws IMO.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 03:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i was watching wrestling with my girlfriens, and as benoit applied the crossface she said "NOW THAT'S REALLY FAKE---HES NOT ENV HOLDING THE ARM PROPERLY". THATS THE TROUBLWE WITH benoit, he makes the crossface look stupid. and why do a flying headbutt if it knocks you out? isnt he supposed to be a clever wrestler?

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 04:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I was Playing HCTP with my mate Geoffery and I snap in the crossface, now on the game he gets it on wel and aggressively but Geoffery was just laughing his ass of going, "What A Stupid Move." I tired to defend it but then I realised, Yes it's stupid and then I stopped using Beniot. His Head Butt is useless, Everyone has kicked out of them and it's pretty much The marking in the end of the match. Beniot doesn't have Eddie's Charisma and Crowd Reaction because Eddie Speaks with Passion, Beniot doesn't do that, Beniot is a Wrestler, not a entertainer.....

After all this is Sports Entertainment.....
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

yeah benoit might be boring but hes a better champ then jerico was. he couldnt even keep asses in the seats at wm18 in toronto. benoit is a very dull wrestler but thats his style hes not all emotional and thats what got him this far. and on the finishers he is in need of 2 new finishers cause both of his are lame
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 09:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

I don't really mind either of them. Well...I think Eddie is awesome. Benoit is okay with me. I wouldn't boo him or switch channel if I saw him. But there's just something about Benoit that leaves me cold sometimes. He never seems like the underdog to me. When he was on SmackDown beating everyone bar Angle and Brock, I was just turned off. Meanwhile, Eddie was having problems with Big Show, the Bashams, Chavo and others. This made me feel for Eddie...it made me think "damn...I really want this guy to win tonight". Later on, I'd see Benoit against someone or other. It was a case of "oh well, he's gonna win". Which he usually did. You could say he overcame the odds by beating the whole FBI, "running the gauntlet" and all that crap...but was there ever really any doubt he'd succeed? And with all the drugs stuff, we've had another reason to feel for him.

I'd also much rather see a frogsplash than Benoit falling off the top rope with his arms outstretched. Submission finishers don't really do much for me either. Eddie's speaking is also much more passionate than Benoit's monotone drone.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 11:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Shooter Magavin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin

They Both, Suck..never Were Championsip Material To Be Honest.
Shooter Magavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I wasn't on Benoit's bandwagon before he became champ and I've never been a true fan of his.....

maybe it is the way he's been booked.....after all, he really hasn't had a feud all to his own (as Dre pointed out).....I'd like to see him drop down from the Heavyweight side of things a bit.....he just isn't a heavyweight.....if he were to be wrestling against someone no bigger than Angle, he is a great wrestler.....Crossface aside, as that is just no longer a viable option for him, imo.....it's a sloppy arm bar......regardless.....

If Benoit were put into a feud against Jericho, or Christian, or HBK......then he could come across as a more competent champion.....I wrote several times about him being able to work at only one pace, and only one style.....that, to me, is Benoit's biggest flaw and has been for the past ten plus years.....he can't adapt to the other person, be it in strength, speed, charisma or whatever.....

Eddie, on the other hand, has proven his ability to change to the style and speed of the other person.....he wrestled Brock, brawled with JBL, can run with Chavo and the cruisers, and paced with HHH.....yes, his promos are beginning to sound very much alike.....but at least he promos.....Benoit doesn't do any of it.....

I'd like to be able to like Benoit.....but Benoit isn't a heavyweight champ in my eyes.....it took having the belt put on him for a lot of people to realize it.....HHH/HBK is about over, so we will see if he is able to work as the main event for a while.....maybe it's just been a case of wrong place, wrong time.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i think benoit is doing okay as a champ, if only he could do his own finisher properly. i think that his feud with kane is just transitional to kill time before hhh or hbk can feud with him.

eddy isa great champ, as he comes across as passionate and clever and the only thing wrong is that some of his "cheat to win" moves look a bit corny.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote