ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Has Randy Orton Restored the Integrity of the IC Title?..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2004, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default Has Randy Orton Restored the Integrity of the IC Title?..

Has Ortons title reign brought back meaning to the IC title?..
Old 02 Jun 2004, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I think it has, we needed a long, decent title reign to get that thing going again. I'm just glad its not someone that I can't stand watching holding it. (Christian/Booker T/RVD)
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

CountryBoy1.0 is on a distinguished road
Default Yes Yes Yes!

Randy Orton is the future. He has a great physique and a contagious personality as a heel that just makes you wnat to keep watching. And the veterans like him!

On the discussion at hand... Yes, he has brough the IC Title to prominence again. It reminds me of when the Rock held it in '98 and he seemed invincible as the conniving heel. His loss to HHH at SS98 was epic, and Randy's loss should seem that way, too.

A long reign doesn't always mean something great is going down, but in this case, there are shades of great things in the air for Randy Orton
CountryBoy1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

^ Well Point Proven, I like this guy.....

Randy Has Indeed given Back the I.C Title its status and integrity back, He's had his share of great battles for it and I'd say he is doing a damn good job as the I.C Champ, People say hes a little too green to hold it that long but the Man has done his job as I.C Champ well, He's keep fueds up, heild awesome matches and Uses the Status of the belt to elevate himself higher, Surely if anyone else was holding it saying their were the shit we'd sarcastically pass them off as some Mid Card Whino but in My Eyes Randy Orton has earned our Respect and admoration and cemented his place as One of the Greatest I.C Champions Ever.....
Old 02 Jun 2004, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Randy is the Legend Killer. He makes the gimmick work. Not just anybody can pull off the cocky ass attitude that he carries everywhere. Some people's gimmicks seem forced, but his just seems natural. Maybe he really IS THAT cocky

Anyways, he has brought back some credibility to it. Nothing at all against him, but it hasn't been fully restored. The belt was held by Chyna. That killed it. It was passed around like a 2 dollar whore. That destroyed it. Randy is doing his damndest to make it credible and respected once again. If he holds it even longer, similar to HHH's heavyweight reign, then whenever he's beaten, there will be emotion similar to when Benoit won it from HHH. It won't quite be up there due to personal circumstance with Benoit and the stage that it happened, but it will definitely be huge and will elevate someone to a higher level. When that happens, you know the belt means something.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 12:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

The WWE seems to be grooming him as a future MEer, and giving him a lengthy reign as a cocky heel, it has brought back some cred. It is disgraceful that RVD held it five times. But, Randy is alright in the ring, and should only improve. If he and Mr. Benjamin can put on a good match at Bad Blood (which Randy should win) maybe they could have a lengthy fued.

Randy is the Legend Killer, which has established him some cred. You have a credible wrestler (who isn't a shitty one) holding the IC title. By having that, the IC title has regained some cred.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 07:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

wwe is trying to make it like the old days where a champion holds their belts for a long time therefore being a real champ like orton , i think benoit will keep then world title . orton is the first champion that had a belt for a long time and didnt get boring since the WWE VS WCW / ECW storyline .
Old 03 Jun 2004, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

obviously so. as they've said on numerous occasions, he's the longest reigning IC Champ in 7 years. the WWE have made Randy into a major player in less than a year. and if he holds the belt for a little longer, who knows that they'll do with the belt in months to come.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have been a Randy Orton believer since Evolution got the pin over the super-faces, Rock n' Foley, at WM XX. For Vince to give Randy that type of spotlight victory is a large push.

His match with Cactus Jack at Backlash was simply the icing on the cake that he is a mainstay star. That spot with the thumbtacks, Jesus! It was legendary in its own right!
Old 04 Jun 2004, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, I have never been on Orton's side as I think he is way overdone.....he can't keep heat for anything.....however, he has brought a sense of respectability to the title that it hasn't had in recent memory due to the fact that it changed hands so often.....

he should eventually lose it to Benjamin, but it should be a lasting feud.....and then he should come back and battle for the IC title again.....that would give the belt more credability than anything.....

the travesty will be if they take the title off of Orton only to push Orton into the Heavyweight title picture.....then, the work that they have put into it will all be for naught in my eyes.....

let him feud with Benjamin for about three ppv's.....then lose the title, step out for a short period of time and come back again.....that's my view....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 02:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Fuck it... i cant help. I figure you were all jabbering shit during this thread and would like to point out the many faults of A)Randy Orton B)What people refer to as a fucking title reign.

Randy Orton the man who needs to mention either Foley, or any other of the Uber names he has "killed" just to get fucking heat when the poncy woman gets on the mic. His wrestling skills not only leave a lot to be desired... They make you question whether you truly are watching wrestling??? Or some form of comedy... I mean he has a finisher which he botches in the middle of a live RAW. So they dumb it down and give him a diamond cutter... So Orton in his infinite shitness goes and fucks that baby up at PPV. The boy is on fire. Needless to say that a clothelilne once every five fucking minutes is NOT FUCKING ENTERTAINING.

So far we have deduced he cant Wrestle, Or get a fucking Mutes attention on a mic. Finally this spastics so called... charisma...? Im sorry but waving your arms over your head at the start of your entrance does not Charisma make. You remind me of the french frog on Smackdown.

Onto the other part that i find OFFENSIVE. The "IC title reign" I mean i can handle hardly defending it, I can handle cheating to win every fucking match... But doing away with a rule that has been in commision since i started watching wrestling??? That shit just pisses me off. If it wernt for his last three title defenses. You wouldnt be able to tell me if he had defended it before that. Reason- Some people will tell you its so as not to sully the title by not defending it against spastics. Thats fucking bullshit. Anyone who is a champion has the ability to make every single fucking title defense special... No matter what the opponent(something Brock Lesnar Lacked by the way) Well Orton couldnt make a title defense against HHH seem important. Thats the reason for the few and far between title defenses.

In closing i say Fuck Orton. Fuck his pissy title Reign... and fuck it all for fucking up another mother fucking title...

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^^^

*claps*

excellent post, Shane.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 02:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

hs matches are boring.

but strangely he is over.

there are worse things you can have than someone who is over holding the title.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2004, 03:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Randy Orton has a bright future. He CAN wrestle, he IS green, but he CAN wrestle. His mic skills are cocky and appealing, more appealing to the crap on SmackDown that looks like it was written by a seventh-grader. We have to move on from the olden days and consider what future holdsfor pro wrestling. Is it a guy like Randy Orton?Maybe, maybe not, but he has a distinct opportunity to stand out, and i give him credit solely for that, whether or not he got help to this point.