ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

more and MORE WWE PPVs????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2004, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road
Default more and MORE WWE PPVs????

I was chicking the WWE web site for the PPV calendar and this is what I got :

June 13 / Bad Blood / Columbus, Ohio "RAW PPV"

June 27 / The Great American Bash / Norfolk, Va. (I guess its a Smack Down PPV)

July 11 / Vengeance / Hartford, Conn. (is this a RAW PPV or a Smack Down PPV?)

Aug. 15 / SummerSlam "mixed PPV"

Sept. 12 / Unforgiven (I guess its a RAW PPV)

Oct. 3 / No Mercy (I guess its a Smack Down PPV)

Oct. 19 / RAW Pay-Per-View (they did not come up with a name for this one, plus its on Tuesday???)

Nov. 14 / Survivor Series "mixed PPV"

Dec. 12 / Armageddon (I don't know anymore???)

Jan. 30, 2005 / Royal Rumble "mixed PPV"

Feb. 20, 2005 / No Way Out (I don't know)

April 3, 2005 / WrestleMania 21 / Los Angeles "mixed PPV"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess we have to wait and see what happens,

so what do you guys think?

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 25 May 2004 at 06:40 AM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2004, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I can't believe it. The PPVs were actually worth it when they came once a season. They had good themes for the events as well. Survivor series (fall) was all tag team elim. matches. It was good. Royal Rumble (winter) focused on the match, the Rumble. It was good. Wrestlemania (spring) was the big daddy of 'em all. It didn't need any help with how you could market that. Summerslam (guess) was the one without a theme.
The worst thing they did was make them once a month. The quality has gone down.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2004, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i KNEW wwe would do this. i beleived this was the whole point of the roster dplit.

what jo the wino says about ppvs being more special if they are unique is true.

I think that the survivor series should be only SS matches, the kotr ppv should be bought back and the the turnament should be the MAIN FOCUS of the show, the elimination chamber should main event 1 and only one raw show a year, and smackdown should have its own special gimmick main event as well.

that way i'd be more willing to shell out for the ppvs: if i was getting something DIFFERENT amd SPECIAL, not just an extended RAW/smackdown episode

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2004, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'tin Man
i KNEW wwe would do this. i beleived this was the whole point of the roster dplit.

what jo the wino says about ppvs being more special if they are unique is true.

I think that the survivor series should be only SS matches, the kotr ppv should be bought back and the the turnament should be the MAIN FOCUS of the show, the elimination chamber should main event 1 and only one raw show a year, and smackdown should have its own special gimmick main event as well.

that way i'd be more willing to shell out for the ppvs: if i was getting something DIFFERENT amd SPECIAL, not just an extended RAW/smackdown episode
I can't believe I left out KOTR. Btw, I was wondering what had happend to you.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 04:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Why don't they just merge the Brands at the PPV's and have a contest and have the fans which Brnad had the better Showcased work. I'm guessing RAW would always win but it's a thought, the idea of the Seperated PPV's is lacked and stupid, Really you're paying for a 3 hours Episode of RAW or SmackDown! with a few a just one extra Gimmicked Match, Kinda silly but what can you do? You after all are just a minority......
Old 05 Jun 2004, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

The way wwe sees the increasing number of ppvs is that just a few years ago, there were 12 wwf ppvs a year, and 12 wcw ppvs a year, all doing respectable buyrates. and a few ecw ppvs thrown in there as well.

now Vince obviousely wants to do as many ppvs as he can, but in order to do that he needed the roster split. that way each individual brand can have longer to hype its own ppv matches and therefore make them seem more important.

thats why they dont just stick at 12.

maybe if there were LESS ppvs then the individual shows would get more buys. only time will tell

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote