ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Are We Seeing the death of Smackdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2004, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED
suspicous Are We Seeing the death of Smackdown

Alright we all know that Raw is doing great right now, there last show got a 4.0 rating. Thats Raw but on Smackdown it's a different story, there last show got a 2.9 rating. There ratings have not been higher than 3.4 since March 25th, every week since than, the ratings has either been in the 2.0's or in the low 3.0's (no higher than 3.2). Are we seeing the death of Smackdown, I seriously think the WWE dosen't really care about SD anymore, there attention has been on Raw.

Another topic is, what would you do to help improve Smackdown and bring there ratings up
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2004, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

First things first no one watches UPN. I personally prefer Smackdown to Raw because I think more good wrestlers get pushes there. I don't know why folks don't watch.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2004, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Kinda strange since a lot of great things have been happening over the SmackDown! Way, They've Got Eddie Guerrero a true Crowd Favourite, They've got RVD, Everyone's Favourite spot machine, Except the Internet fans hell they have two Massive Forces Undertaker and Mordecai ready to fight in the names of Good & Evil, They even have Everybodies favourite White Boy Rapper who is just as stale and predictable as RVD, Not to mention all the Female Eye Candy, It's a Causal or Wrestling Drama Fans Paradise on SmackDown!

But The Fact that not my people have UPN could rule all that out, Or People Just Don't Like Bradshaw.
Old 22 May 2004, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

It is dying and the WWE is to blame. WWE knew that Berg and Brock were leaving. They knew that Angle and Show were not going to last this summer. Then they had the draft, this was the opportunity to get some names on SD, and they didn't do it.

How would I fix it: 1.) Get it off UPN (beat me this time Joe)

2.) Move HBK, Steiner (use him for fuck's sake), Edge, Tajiri,
Hardy, Kane, and the women wrestlers
(Victoria, Molly, Kim, Jazz, Trish, Lita). HBK has to be a heel.

3.) Have the Rock do spot appearances on SD too.

4.) And do a live show twice a year.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.

Last edited by _UT_; 22 May 2004 at 07:01 PM.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2004, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
NWO 4 LIFE!!!!!!

Kevin Nash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Nash Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Nash
Angry Main Main Reason Why?

OK FIRST OF ALL MORE PPL WATCH RAW THEN sd! BECUZ RAW IS LIVE ,RAW HAS ALL THE BIG NAMES,RAW HAS EVERYTHING,NO SPOILERS ARE GIVEN FOR RAW THUS MAKING THE PPL HAVE TO WATCH RAW TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS.

SD! ON THE OTHER HAND HAS SPOILERS GOES ON 2 DAYS AFTER ITS LIVE,IS NOT LIVE,LEAVIN THE PPL WEDENSDAY TO COME ON HERE OR ELSEWHERE AND LOOK FOR SPOILERS.SO MOST PPL ALREADY KNOW WUT HAPPENS ON SD! SO THEY SAY "EHH SCREW IT,IT DIDN'T SEEM TO GOOD TO ME,I ALREADY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ON THERE NEWAYS,WHY WATCH IT" AND THE FACT THAT NOT ALOT OF PPL HAVE UPN SO THATS ANOTHER.SD! IMO IS STILL BUILDING UP THERE ROSTER,NO WAIT SCRATCH THAT,THERE BUILDING GIMMICKS STILL,
TO IMPROVE IT I WOULD MAKE IT LIVE THE DAY AFTER RAW.ADD A FEW BIG NAMES TO THEIR ROSTER, AND BRING BACK A FEW WRESTLERS.AND FIRE MICHAEL COLE lol JK

THUS WHY SD! WILL DIE SOONER OR LATER,THO I DO NOT WANT IT TOO.

Last edited by Kevin Nash; 23 May 2004 at 12:43 AM.
Kevin Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2004, 12:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

what can be done in My Eyes:

1. Move SD off UPN (Like Was stated before)

2. Make it Live (more people will watch it if they haven't been Spoiled)

3. Move some more Workable superstars

4. Push the Cruiserweight Division (not with Chavo Classic or Jacqueline as Champs and challengers. Akio, London, Kidman, SPike, and others are more Likely to be better than what they're Doing right now)

that's what i can think of that can help.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2004, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Omg Plz Don't Type In All Caps Got-dammit. Thank You.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2004, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

VivaLaRasa, I kind of find it amusing that you are praising RAW, and have a Smackdown avatar.

First of all, I am not here to bash Smackdown. It IS a good show with good wrestlers. But as it has been stated a bunch of times before, it could be made better.

1. Make it live. This, above all else will make the ratings higher. Lets face it. True wrestling fans stay home and watch RAW on Mondays. True wrestling fans might also read spoilers to Smackdown on Wednesday and then go out with their friends Thursday night. You know, they say that they want to give the production crew time off. HIRE 2 PRODUCTION CREWS! Have the RAW brand work Sunday-Wednesday (or less) and have the Smackdown brand work Thursday- Saturday. I mean Live=no spoilers.

2. Of course, move it to a different channel and time. I think it should be on at 9, and UPN will NEVER let them do that. Plus, no one watches UPN,. mainly because alot of people don't get it. Move it to a more nation wide channel.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2004, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Who deleted my posts in this thread?
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2004, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
NWO 4 LIFE!!!!!!

Default Wtf!

Posted by H.A.L. 9000 "Omg Plz Don't Type In All Caps Got-dammit. Thank You. "
Ok that was a mistake because my caps lock button popped out moments prior to replying thsu why it was all in caps lock.

posted by chadeley "VivaLaRasa, I kind of find it amusing that you are praising RAW, and have a Smackdown avatar.

First of all, I am not here to bash Smackdown. It IS a good show with good wrestlers. But as it has been stated a bunch of times before, it could be made better."

First off rasa is with a z,not s.Second of all.who said I was praising RAW, IM NOT,I actually like SD way more than RAW.But the stuff I said I was saying it from most ppl's view these days guy.not mines.Thats what you didnt get.And i wasn't bashing SD!
Old 23 May 2004, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Ok that was a mistake because my caps lock button popped out moments prior to replying thsu why it was all in caps lock.
That is alright Meat-Bag.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2004, 11:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
NWO 4 LIFE!!!!!!

shut up
Old 23 May 2004, 11:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Believe it or don't, UPN reaches more TV sets than Spike. UPN is an air station (like NBC, CBS) while Spike is cable.

Some have suggested make Smackdown live, that actually is a good idea but it won't be done. Smackdown can't be as racy as RAW because air stations are held to diffrent standards as cable ones are.

But seriously here are my suggestions.

1. Get Eddie G in a program with a guy who can wrestle, if that means moving a Jericho, Christian or a Regal to Smackdown, so be it. RAW will not miss a beat if any of the 3 is not on the roster.

2. Use the cruiserweights you have on the roster and I don't mean Jackie or Chavo Sr.

3. Keep Stephanie McMahon away from booking this show.

4. Move the cruisers who were drafted to RAW, back to Smackdown, this goes back to #2

5. Scrap the new Booker T voodoo gimmick. He is a 5 time WCW champ for christ's sake.

6. Don't make Smackdown the breeding ground for new stars. That there makes it look minor league.
Old 24 May 2004, 07:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Coleman
Believe it or don't, UPN reaches more TV sets than Spike. UPN is an air station (like NBC, CBS) while Spike is cable.
I'm not arguing against your point. I am, however, pointing out that there are not near as many UPN affiliates as there are for the big stations. Spike TV is on most (to my knowledge) of the cable providers.

And to UT, I finally beat ya.

H.A.L., I laugh everytime I read that Meat-Bag stuff.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2004, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

The sad truth is that the WWE dubed RAW the Flagship show a long time ago. The WWE is making no petence about that and therefore are stacking all the odds in favor of RAW. Why? Because they would rather see one show get a 3.5 to 4.0 rating every week and the other do lower #'s than even out the rosters and have both shows do low 3's. We don't like it, but what can we do? What i don't like is the fact that they got our hopes up with the re-draft thing and then completly screwed us over by not making a single trade that means a damened thing. Okay, some of the made sence, like the Dupre swith, but others didn't (such as Tijiri to Raw WTF). One thing that i would like to see happen is a SD move to a cable channel so they can go live. Mabe the they could make SD worth watching again for me.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote