ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Compare John Cena To RVD...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2004, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default Compare John Cena To RVD...

Me and Side Effect were talking on AIM..and SE made the Comment..that Cena might actually be as bad as RVD is...Do you think this is true?...Make the Comparison..
Old 15 May 2004, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

They are both predictable, and their stuff sucks.

But, Cena has mic skills to save him from being total shit. RVD has no mc skills.

They are the same until you talk about mic skills.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2004, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

i agree. Cena and RVD are too predictable Maneuver-wise, But Cena's Saving grace is his mic skills, Which RVD Has none.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2004, 03:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I don't get why you guys have to continually rip into RVD, Sure most of his moves are spot based but then again he is under the short leash of the WWE were there is are no Unpredictable Matches or Some Serious Movelist editting. RVD had some sweet moves in ECW, His Tiger Driver Facecrusher, The Van-Terminator (they don't let him use that move much since it is fairly dangerous plus the Fact they had to Water Down His Frog Splash, He was told off first week on RAW to cut down the Height on that thing which is shit because that's what made it look sweet.

But Back to the Topic, Cena Has Less more which gives you a better chance of Predictability, He does his Weird Punching, Knocks Down the Opponent, 5 Knuckle Shuffle, F-U! match Over, If Not Then he'll Chain them and then It's over.
Old 16 May 2004, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
Cena has shown me that he doesn't have to wrestle to be over, and his matches have all been the same as of late, terriable, predictable and boring, with the same thing happening in the same order of every match. Just how people are able to call an RVD match, now people are able to call a John Cena match. So take it as you may, but I'm not really a fan of Prototype Cena right now....
I said this before, and I believe that inside the ring, both are becoming the same type of wrestler with different moves in their arsenal, and like some have said in this thread, the only real difference is that Cena, is able to speak on the mic, which gives him a little more credit then RVD, who can't speak on the mic at all. They both are hard to watch wrestle, and two guys at the moment in WWE that I couldn't care less about.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2004, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Well, I used to like Cena a lot. I started liking him when he had his heel turn against a face Brock. Brock put him on the 'shelf' and that's when Cena's rhymes took a turn for the better. They were filled with intensity and hatred, and I liked it. Then he came back from his 'injury' and busted open the Manster with a chair. He was relentless in his attack. His in ring work was ok, but nothing awe inspiring. It was on the decline but I looked passed it. Then, everyone started cheering for him. He started having goofy rhymes, instead of the ones where said he was gonna kick your ass, and you could tell he meant it. Then his in ring work declined even more and still I looked passed it. Then he started with the Deez Nutz. It was funny the first time, then after about 3 times, it was lame. So he decided to spice it up with a candy bar. Um no. At this point, I'm bored to death of Cena. His rhymes used to vary all the time, now they're basically the same thing. His matches used to entertain me, but they're all just too short. While I do like it when he pumps up his shoes, does the 'You Can't See Me' hand gesture, and the 5 Knuckle Shuffle, you can't base an entire match on that and a finishing move. He's over no doubt, but he has slipped so far in my opinion. I looked passed it, but I can't any longer.

With all that being said, I would still rather watch Cena over RVD ANY DAY. That's how much I hate RVD
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2004, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

RVD > Cena.

RVD just has something about him. No matter how predictable his matches are...I just think he's cool.
Old 18 May 2004, 04:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles
RVD > Cena.

RVD just has something about him. No matter how predictable his matches are...I just think he's cool.
He can do a Backflip, That's Fairly Cool......
Old 18 May 2004, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, just goes to show you that you don't have to be a great technical wrestler to be over with the fan base.....

I am sort of a fan of both of them, but they are truly big time fan favorites.....Cena exudes more of an attitude of cockiness, and that is what helps him be over.....I wish he would become a little more "hardcore" or change his style somewhat, but the "you can't see me" and the "pump up" are huge favorites of the crowd.....why should he change what works?......

RVD basically exudes......being high a lot ( )......however, he also does a lot of things that go over big with the crowd.....again, why should he change?.....neither of them should change a bit.....they are entertaining to the majority of the fans......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
NWO 4 LIFE!!!!!!

Kevin Nash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Nash Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Nash

Hey oeo,i know what you mean when u sed Rvd being high.LMFAO , I remeber when he was talkin to Booker T.he sounded so mellow man, he was liek "D-U-U-U--U-U-DE.WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU LATELY!" ALL chill and stuff,that was funny,every time RVD speaks I laugh.Ehhh Both are awesome,RVD is crazy with kicks and that friggin FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH.I think thats weak they made him cut back on the height of it,that sucks,nonetheless it still rules.Thsoe kicks tho are out of control,Cena has some strong friggin right and left hands.His arm is huge.He got Big Show *might i note that frigin Big Show weighs 500 POUNDS!!!!* in the FU no once but twice he got him.I get so stoked when I see his "you cant see me" gesture and then five knuckle shuffles his opponent,then stalks him kicks him and FU'S HIM so they noth rule.END of story
Kevin Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^fella, posts like that will get you flamed.....I appreciate that you are trying to voice being a fan.....but chill out.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Shooter Magavin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin

RVD is better, because of his martial art background. And past.
Shooter Magavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 02:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

LMAO, comparing RVD to Cena is a joke. Nothing about them is the same. RVD uses ariels and flippy moves. Cena uses a ground based attack. RVD is horrible on the mic, Cena has more charisma and natural charm than anyone on the roster. RVD's moves look lazy and sloppy, Cena's moves look tight and under control. I got no problem with spot machines, but RVD is one of the worst and he has no sense of pacing or how to tell a decent story linking his moves together. Cena always uses his "style" to wear down his opponents, where RVD uses his style to get in as many fucking summersaults as possible.

oh by the way, Cena is hands down thee most OVER wrestler in the biz. Anybody looking for the next Rock? There he is. Working the crowd into a frenzy,

A huge knock on RVD has been that he's unwilling to do what it takes to get ahead. Namely, revamping and contemporizing his stale ass move set and learning how to cut a decent promo. Cena has taken his character and developed a style of wrestling that works perfectly together. It would be lame to see him doing moonsaults or something. He's a thug character and does a beat down, pound and ground style of wrestling. Maybe some ppl think it's boring. Oh well. It would be just has lame for Rico to use Cena's style. It's all about the character. I don't recall Cena fucking up moves ala RVD. And Orton still gets praise, despite him fucking up his own finisher even. But hey, he's a heal and a young guy, so he gets to be a net fav. Cena puts on a great match with Dupree after a great fued with him. Cena carries that fat tub of shit Big Show to one of his best matches where Cena cemented his face status by getting the belt cleanly. If anyone doubts Cena's wrestling talent, go watch some tapes from 2 years ago when he debuted, and you'll see he has more than enough moves to do anything he wants. It's all about his gimmick though and keeping his style

So his raps have mellowed. Yeah, I see it. It doesn't really bother me much since he's still cutting some mean shit. It doesn't have to be hugely insulting every week, but I do miss when he'd let the crowd finish his raps with Fuck or Shit or something. That was cool. But when he first came out and called himself the Dr. of Thugenomics, man he was boo'd out of the building. Laughed at by JR and all. It was awfull, but he found a way to keep it going and got the fans to notice him again. And they started paying attention.

The fans turned Cena face, and they wanted it. I garantee if Eddie was a heal, Cena would be fighting for the title.

Cena is going to be champion for a long time. Cena puts asses in the seats. And Cena has the one move that so very few wrestlers have, he makes the fans mark out and puts them in the match. SC, Rock, Hogan, Cena. Yep.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote