ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

JBL's Push Causing Serious Backstage Worry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Apr 2004, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default JBL's Push Causing Serious Backstage Worry

Bradshaw push attracting serious backstage worry - 27/4/04 - Tony Cottam @ 16:08 PST

The smackdown locker room has continued their fretting and worrying over the monster push handed out to John 'Bradshaw' Layfield. A lot of people are saying that Judgment Day isn't going to draw, purely on the strength of the Bradshaw push.

There is disbelief amongst many that while the talent can see Bradshaw isn't nearly ready for his push, WWE Management press ahead with it regardless. Of course, with it being the brainchild of Vince McMahon, not one of the 'many' people saying these things is willing to put their neck on the line and say it publicly.

Bradshaw's behaviour in the past has made him several enemies, but this seems to go beyond the usual backstabbing politics usually associated with this type of complaint.

Source : PWinsider.com
________
Well, I have to agree. the WWE have an array of greater talent worth putting in the Main event slot. and while i Don't complain that the JBL gimmick is a good one, he really Isn't Worth putting in a Major PPV main event.

to put it more simply:

the Drawing power of JBL on SD:

until the Day the WWE Pushes Great workers, Forever will they Suffer.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2004, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Who Sin is a 'great worker' to you?
Personally like I have said before Bradshaw's gimmick is pure genius. However I also think it is rushed and therefore wont be as successful as it could have been. I wanted to build up a little more anticipation up with Bradshaw and his gimmick before he got a world title shot. Bradshaw isn't the problem from where I sit, there are very few wrestlers on SD at this moment that can even speak on the mic. The problem is how his charecter is being used. He never wrestlers. I think when he wrestled the Gran Luchadur, was the first public match he had since APA was dismantled. Truly that is no way to completly put over a wrestler, by not having him wrestle. Being that this is like JBL's first singles match, because before that he was known simply as a tag wrestler. So to me JBL's gimmick is solid, but the way WWE is using it is horrendous, and for that this whole situation may not work out as they want it to.

As for the people backstage, who cares, these wrestlers are pussy's who can't even say their names to back whether or not the writer is actually telling the truth. Personally when a writer says "Several sources backstage...." I think imediatly either, it isn't true or that it isn't a wrestler that means anything anyways.......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2004, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

I'm looking at it in athleticism and Mic Work. Great workers to me are Guys Like John Cena, Chavo Junior, and even Booker T and RVD, all who could Pull off a better ME for Judgment Day than this Situation Between Bradshaw and guerrero. i got no problem with Bradshaw, but i feel he's better used at this moment as a midcarder. I Guess it'll Really Show how well He can Be used in an ME at J-Day.

Old 28 Apr 2004, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Let me say, I like the gimmick, he plays it very well and does get heat. But he has had many failed pushes in the past so I could understand the reservations of the push.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Sin
I'm looking at it in athleticism and Mic Work. Great workers to me are Guys Like John Cena, Chavo Junior, and even Booker T and RVD, all who could Pull off a better ME for Judgment Day than this Situation Between Bradshaw and guerrero. i got no problem with Bradshaw, but i feel he's better used at this moment as a midcarder. I Guess it'll Really Show how well He can Be used in an ME at J-Day.

Sin, you can't truly believe RVD is a better worker then anyone. He is lazy and sloppy inside the ring, and terriable outside of the ring. I think Cena's work inside the ring is dreaded as of late, but think he has a claim to a title shot being the US champion. And maybe soon enough he will get a shot. I think Chavo and Booker are the only two men who would be better fit at this time to go after Eddy's belt. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Chavo in the ME over Bradshaw, it would be a great match imo. But As far as Bradshaw goes I think it was to soon to thrust his charecter into the posistion that he is in, however when it comes to men his size, I don't exactly see anyone better all around on SD then he. Thats not saying he should have a shot at a title or headline a ppv, but now that this is the direction the WWE wants to go, they would be better off putting a lot more effort into wrestling part of his gimmick again. It comes down to how they handled the situation with Bradshaw and not he himself. They rushed something that could have been great and like i said before they might pay for it too.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2004, 01:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Like Dre said, I also find his push a bit too soon. They should of put him with the mid carders first and that way he can "destroy" them and that way it would of made his push a bit more rational. You know like boxing, coming from the buttom and taking out the top heck at the end they could of make it look like an american dream of some sort. That way his gimmick would of been truely golden.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2004, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As for the people backstage, who cares, these wrestlers are pussy's who can't even say their names to back whether or not the writer is actually telling the truth. Personally when a writer says "Several sources backstage...." I think imediatly either, it isn't true or that it isn't a wrestler that means anything anyways.......
Agreed.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2004, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I don't like Bradshaw's wrestling and I don't like this gimmick. I don't like that they have to call him John Bradshaw Layfield. JBL, Layfield, or Bradshaw will do. The use of the whole name is stupid, and I can't the gimmick seriously with a name like John Bradshaw Layfield.

The gimmick itself isn't original. It is just a guy getting heel heat off of being a narciscist (sp?).

I can't take Bradshaw seriously as a maineventer. And put him with this gimmick, call him John Bradshaw Layfield, and have him enter in a limo just makes me hate the gimmick. I'm supposed to hate the guy not the entire angle to the point where I have to turn off SD when the limo comes out.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2004, 05:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I completely agree with UT

JBL is the reason why I have lost interest in Smackdown as of late,he is just so boring and the gimmick is really stupid,and lastly,he's a shitty wrestler IMO.This is just like when Bob Holly got pushed back in January with Brock just so he can look all tough after coming back,now we see Holly on Velocity.Bradshaw does not deserve a push and probably the only reason as to why he's getting one is because Vince has a thing for big guys that are the bullies to the other wrestlers backstage,which is obviously JBL.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2004, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I like the gimmick, but I still hate him. He's murder to watch in the ring for me. It's the same three friggin moves done over and over throughout the match. Why they gave him a title push is beyond me, but I guess with the lack of competitors on SD it kinda makes sense.
Old 02 May 2004, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

If anyone watched him on velocity last night against funaki, that's exactly what happened, the same 3 moves. Complete overkill, and Playing a little too strongly on the heel gimmick. either that, or he wanted to kick the shit out of funaki.

Old 02 May 2004, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

JBL's character is not bad but like everyone said but he is on tv too much right now and he is getting rushed. If the WWE would of slowed it down a bit than I would of enjoyed it more but it's going all to quick, I mean in one week he was in the APA, losing matches and than a week later he gets a title shot. I am also worried that he won't be able to carry SD on his shoulders, pretty much like Guerrero is right now.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2004, 06:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

so can't say that JBL just makes you lose intrest in SD... thats bullshit.