ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

How do House Shows Stack Up to the TV Shows?..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2004, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default How do House Shows Stack Up to the TV Shows?..

Do you think House Shows are better than the TV Shows in any way?..What are the disadvantages of going to a house show,besides the fact that its not on TV...and same for a RAW or Smackdown..Do you enjoygoing to house shows as much as TV shows..for those who have been to both..
Old 24 Apr 2004, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Some disadvantages of house shows:

If the house show takes place in a small venue, absolutely no pyro. Some larger arenas may have pyro.

You don't always see the BEST matches. I recently went to one in Youngstown, and the first match of the card (La Resistance vs. John Heidenreich and some guy who isn't important enough to remember his name) BLEW. It was probably one of the worst matches I have ever seen. I mean La Resistance (with Sylvan and Rob) was ok, but Heidenreich and that kid stunk up the joint. They use house shows alot of times to give new wrestlers a chance. My guess is you will never see Heidenreich's partner on TV, probably won't see Heindenreich on TV either.

Storylines don't really care through house shows. Like I saw Y2J vs. Christian the night before they went after the tag titles. Really, the tag match was only mentioned once or twice.

Honestly, those are the only two I can think of, now the advantages:

Match after match after match. They don't carry on any storylines really, so there aren't any extensive interview segments. Every once in awhile someone will cut a promo, but not much.

There is a chance to see "tryout" matches. These matches differ than the "giving new wrestlers a chance" matches, because I saw Christian vs Y2J a month and a half before WMXX. I'm sure if that match didn't go over, they wouldn't have had it at WMXX. However, it went over pretty good.

Its more intimate than TV. The only televised event I have gone to is Summerslam 96, and they had several segments on the scoreboard (before the Titantron) but I was kind of far away from the scoreboard, so it was hard to see. Tickets aren't really expensive at house shows, so you can sit ringside without breaking the bank.

I think I may have mentioned this before, with match after match, but I wanted to add to it. Its about 2 and a half hours of wrestling, with just a 15 minute intermission. RAW and SD! is advertised as 2 hours, but you have commercial breaks, and you have the interviews. A couple times at the show I went to, the guys from one match would barely get to the back, and Coach (yes, he was the ring announcer that show) would be in the ring ready for the next match. Its amazing.

Overall, I would say that house shows edge out television tapings for the above reasons. I know they have dark matches at RAW and SD!, but I don't think it will ever match the amount of wrestling at a house show. Now, if I ever get the opporotunity to attend a RAW or SD! or PPV, my opinion may change. But for now, I would say house shows are more worth the money.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2004, 02:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I've beent to Only one house show, And Actually The Kane/RVD Storyline Stood In Place, After a Match Featuring RVD/Test, Kane Came Out to Attack RVD, And Val and the Hurrican tried to Help RVD, But Got Chokeslammed, which Led to RVD Being Chokeslammed Afterward. I Really Enjoyed the House show Because You Really Get Close to the Action. So i find that they Do Stack up.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote