ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

survivor series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2004, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road
Default survivor series

survivor series is one of the most bastardised ppvs in years
i used t think the elimination matches were a really cool gimmick, but lately theres only been one or 2 ss matches per ppv.

i think the ss should be ONLY ELIMINATION MATCHES with ss matches only ever at ss itself.

if there were 3 eliminaton matches from each brands that would be 6 maTCHES.

to make surviving special there could be a special grand finale match, but not the mess from 1990, nor a raw vs sd match either, cos that would be meaningless to win.

how about a battle royal with all the survivors, wherre the last 2 fight in a number 1 contenders match to fight that brands champ.

of course the posssibility of a champ v champ match can be handled like my kotr idea in a nother post.

but the cool thing is you would watch the ppv not knowing which wrestlers would end up at the end, making it exciting.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

My belief is that it should be something similar to baseball's "interleague". By which I mean Raw vs. Smackdown.Then they just have a match of survivors, similar to the one (for some reason I think that this year was 1990) to determine the wining brand. The winning brand would get to choose a member of the opposing brand for their show. This is just a thought, though.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2004, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

thats a good idea, maaan

there could be lots of cool follow ups to that anle. such as someone who gets drafted not wanting to be on the show, such as booker T recently, or the gms putting the losing wrestlers in punishment style handicap matches or whatever.

i still think all the survivor matches should be raw vs raw, and sd v sd, because then the matches would be based on actual feuds within the brand. but if the final match was the raw survivors against the sd survivors, then that would be a great chance for the the fans to see guys fighting who rarely get to fight each other.

the only problem with a raw v s,mackdown tag match is that one brand would inevitably be made to look weaker.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 13 Apr 2004, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I like your idea, but why the hell is this a conversation between us two? I know someone else has to have an opinion on this.
I really like the idea of holding the Raw vs. SD match until the end, now that I think about it. It would help the fueds. The main event could also start fueds. If only we could get some of the company's bigwigs to lokk at this site. We might accomplish something by posting these things.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

You don't want me in this convo.

But I like the idea of it being SD teams vs. RAW teams. There should be more than two elimination matches, but not too many.

And the champs should not defend. Well, only one champ should defend. The other is part of one of their brands teams. And any title defences should not be the final match. It is the SURVIVOR series.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2004, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

by ONLY having survivor matches at survivor series it allows certain feuds to last longer, and gives certain workers a chance to pin guys who normally wouldnt job to them, like when benoit made brock tap out.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
You don't want me in this convo.

But I like the idea of it being SD teams vs. RAW teams. There should be more than two elimination matches, but not too many.

And the champs should not defend. Well, only one champ should defend. The other is part of one of their brands teams. And any title defences should not be the final match. It is the SURVIVOR series.
You're right on most accounts. They should have 1 champ defending, the defense shouldn't be the final match, and we didn't want you in this convo
Old 13 Apr 2004, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

When you put it that way NC, I must participate.

The only reason I say one champ should defend, is for appeal and buyrates.

It would be nice to see the champ of each brand put together a team each and face each other. That would be great, IMO.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 06:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

havingh one title match wouldnt hurt things too muych i suppose.

as long as the title scene is strong enough that there are more than just 1 or 2 other possible conenders to make the elimination matches look important

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 14 Apr 2004, 07:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

NO
Quite simply if you want the old Survivor Series format. No titles. The entire event is the SurvivorSeries matches. And if you run it like that. There is no need for worrying about buyrates, The idea sells itself.

I mean at the moment. You have the mega powers Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels who team up with three other individuals. against Evolution with one or two other wrestlers depending on whether Flair were to fight.

But of course if you wanted a battle Royale at the end with all the winners of each of there matches... You need to spread the talent evenly... So there is a main eventer in each match, possibly two per match. This is not to say that a main eventer should win each match... But believably, What point is having a cruiserweight survivor match with the winner getting a shot at getting a shot at the world title.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 08:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
No Frills

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
When you put it that way NC, I must participate.
UT you're so predictable.

I think that the general fans have proven time and time again, that they will accept anything that World Wrestling Entertainment shoves down their throats. Shaneberg you are absolutely right. I think either one would work pretty well considering the fans' willingness to forgive the company for anything and their history of letting them do it all again.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneberg
NO
Quite simply if you want the old Survivor Series format. No titles. The entire event is the SurvivorSeries matches. And if you run it like that. There is no need for worrying about buyrates, The idea sells itself.

I mean at the moment. You have the mega powers Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels who team up with three other individuals. against Evolution with one or two other wrestlers depending on whether Flair were to fight.

But of course if you wanted a battle Royale at the end with all the winners of each of there matches... You need to spread the talent evenly... So there is a main eventer in each match, possibly two per match. This is not to say that a main eventer should win each match... But believably, What point is having a cruiserweight survivor match with the winner getting a shot at getting a shot at the world title.

thats a very good point.
the reason for m idea was to mmake the survivor series event the unique event it used to be. i just thought it might need something else to add some spice what with the raw and smackdoewn rands. but mabe you are right and it doesnt need them.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER