ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

bring back kotr as a special ppv.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2004, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road
Default bring back kotr as a special ppv.

theres too many ppvs, most agree.
and many seem like nowt more than just an extended episode of smackdown or raw.

but the royal rumble seems special because it features something unique: the rumble itself.

the "winner faces his brand's champion" stip, added when the roster and titles were divided, makes the number of possible winners greater, thus keeping us guessing about who will win.

I think wwe should bring back kotr, as a special annual event, with the winner getting to be "king" and facing his brands champ at the next ppv.

BUT WWE must avoid certain things that made kotr seem unimportant before:

The title itself became meaningless, after all the winners went on to stay as midvarders the rest of their careers.
only austin and hhh became champs afterwards, and it was over a year for both of them. brock won the title very soon after, but the trouble was his win was so obviouse it made the tournament seem like a formality. Therefore all the major stars should be in the tournament.

the whole ppv should consist of the tournament, and the 2 title matches. that way there can be more rounds to the tournament. going through three or 4 guys in one night to win the crown is more impressive and memorable than going through just the semis and final.

Like the rumble, the kotr can be a great change for guys from different brands to face each other, making things more interesting and fresh.

also, just how the order of the rumble entrants is kept secret, the line up of first round matches should be kept secret too. There can be a lottery style draw before each match, which can lead to some cool segments, like kane laughing he he finds hes up agains kidman, or matt hardy coming to the ring and then shitting himself when he finds hes fighting the undertaker.
It also prevents us second guessing the way the tournament will play out.

Another problem with tournaments is that as the tournament advances it can also start getting predictable. if the champ is a heel, then you can bet that a face will win the tournament.

One way that i think the tournament can stay interesting is if the final was a three way elimination match. Athree way because it means there can be 2 heels or 2 faces, thus keeping us wondering who wins, and elimination because i think one-fall three way matches are cheap.

but how would you set up a three way tournament final?

i have 2 ideas how:

1) have 4 quarter final matches, then 2 semi final matches,

then a six man battle royal/elimination match featuring all the losers from the other matches. the winner gets a second chance, entering the final, which then happens IMMEDIATELY

One one hand it can allow a face to get screwed in one match, then get his second chance at the final and get revenge, perhaps. but on the other it means that the third entrats journey to the top wont be a s special and could make winning seem less important.

so i have another idea for it:
2)
each show has 5 qualifying matches to decide 5 guys from its show to get in the kotr. and then the ualified wrestlers have a battle royal, where the winner gets a bye to the semi finals.

then, at the night of the ppv the tournament will play out like this:

the 1st round is 4 1-on-1 matches featuring random pairings of guys from both shows,

the semi finals consist of the battle royal winners from each show, plus the winners from the 1st round, making a total of 3 1-on-1 semi final matches.

then after the title matches, the final gets to be a three way.

what do you think? should kotr come back if its made to seem important.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2004, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Nice ideas. The KOTR was good, but the Lesnar year ruined it!

OMfG!!!111!!1! Br0kK lesNr 1!!!1111 i d0nT bleIVe 1t!!11!11

Sumping like that.

GJGR
Old 10 Apr 2004, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

heres an idea:
winner faces the champ from thei brand: BUT both champs are in the tourney as well!. so if 1 champ wins, it means CHAMP V CHAMP at next ppv!!!
while it would be unlikely that either champ would win it would still make thngs interesting!

also i think that winning kotr can be a great way to get a certain wrestler loads of popularity or heat, depending on wether they are heel or face.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 11 Apr 2004, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Drug Lord

Tombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'tin Man
heres an idea:
winner faces the champ from thei brand: BUT both champs are in the tourney as well!. so if 1 champ wins, it means CHAMP V CHAMP at next ppv!!!
while it would be unlikely that either champ would win it would still make thngs interesting!

also i think that winning kotr can be a great way to get a certain wrestler loads of popularity or heat, depending on wether they are heel or face.

a champ vs. champ won't happen, unless there's an undisputed championship title match. We don't want another Goldshit anymore.

Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2004, 06:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

the booking should be so that the champs never win at least for a few years anyway.

but having the champs in the tournament makes winning it more meaningful, and it also means that they dont have to put contenders against the champs at the ppv, weakening the tournament.

if there was an undisputed champ, they would alternate shows. defending one title on raw and the other title on sd.

s if they were to loose, they would still keep one belt.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

You began this thread with 2 ideas. I liked the 2nd with this extra part. The battle royals should take place right before the rest of the 1st round matches.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 06:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

thats a cool idea, maaan. then they would make the outcomes more unpredictable.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 14 Apr 2004, 11:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I miss KOTR but I don't see them bringing it back,besides this year they are bringing back an old WCW PPV in June,The Great American Bash.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 11:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Question: Did the Great American Bash have any special thing about it? We're all aware that KOTR focused on the tournament. The Royal Rumble- self explanatory. WW3- same thing Survivor Series as we've mentioned- should be self explanatory. So what was the big deal about the Bash?
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2004, 06:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

the great american bash was just another "just another payperview" .
the are using the name since they are in a military area for the show.

i always thought ww3 was crap

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER