ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Royal Rumble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jan 2004, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Royal Rumble

I have two thoughts on the PPV, one that I love very much.

First, the announcing of who gets #1 and who gets #30. I feel that while it does add some drama to the event, it steals some of the surprise. For example, Ted Dibiase was trying to bribe people to get the #30 spot in 1990 and in the 1999 version during the Austin/McMahon wars, both men drew #1/#2 respectivley. There have also been matches in the past to determine who gets the #30 spot. Sometimes I kinda like to guess who gets the #1/#30 spot, sometimes it doesnt hurt to see someone out of the blue get it.

Also, does it bother anyone that only certian people have a legit shot of winning, namley main eventers and some mid carders. I don't think it would hurt to see a Rey Jr. or Steven Richards win.
Old 06 Jan 2004, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Coleman
For example, Ted Dibiase was trying to bribe people to get the #30 spot .

I DID NO SUCH THING!! nah anyways, i think it would be great if someone like Christian or Kane were to win. I just like the both of their characters. it'll probably be Cena, but that wont be a bad thing either, but it just seems weird that 2 years in a row that they would have a Smackdown main event
Old 06 Jan 2004, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

God I remember back in the day guys like one man gang, big john studd winning, but now it's all the big set up for mania.

I to miss the fact that the rumble was always a surprise as to who was even going to be in it, now you pretty much know by the rumble and it's a given that the two mystery people will be taker and goldberg returning. Tis a shame, just not as fun to watch or as much a shock as it used to be.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

when you talk about the Royal Rumble Match, from the day it started to this day, the Man "or Woman" who ever got the #30 spot Never won the damn Match.

I remember back when the guy who has the #1 spot had no chance of winning the Rumble. but the WWE broke that "Rule" when they had HBK win the 1995 Royal Rumble."he had the #1 spot that year".

I wanna see The WWE brake the "who has the #30 spot will never win" Rule. for once brake that "Rule" and be "unpredicktable".

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 06 Jan 2004 at 12:59 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I'm not really a big fan of the Rumble. I'm just not into these cluster fuck matches. I do want to see kane win it and set up some sort of revenge fued with HHH. That might be worth watching to see Kane overcome all of evolutions interference, but it will never happen because they are both heals and HHH will never ever fued with another heal. As much as I hate to admit it, I could see Benoit winning it, just to get back at Heyman, but then that doesn't leave much left except for Heyman to hurry up and screw Benoit for months longer. Cena's got a shot, but I don't think they're going to put him into a wm title match this soon. I still think he needs to get the US belt first. I dont' know, I'm going to have to look at what's going on further down the line, but I've a feeling the winner will be Angle for some reason.

I could see Taker winning it, going to WM undefeated in the history of WM's, and face Trips, only to see Trips beat him down and make him look totally incompotent (which to a degree he is) and say how great he is because he's the only man in history to ever beat Taker at WM and thus HHH will have one more line to add to his list of negotiated and manipulated accomplishments to try and cement his place as the greatest wrestler ever and forever. Actually, that's not that far fetched now that I think about it.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i always look forward to the rumble, no matter how badly booked it is every previouse rule, its so unpredictable. i hope they dont go announcing all the entrants and leav 5 or so surprise slots, like rock, for instance.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Taker isn't returning at the rumble. He might show up at NO WAY OUT if he is still on SD. Taker won't be wrestling on a PPV until WM. I'd like to see Benoit win and then win the title at WM, just to see if he could be a good champ. The rumble will most likey be Cena, Benoit, Angle, or Goldberg.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I have always like the Rumble,it's been one of my favorite PPVs for awhile,it's just fun to watch people go in the ring and then get eliminated later.My pick this year is Angle,the guy has never won it before and last year he didn't he participate in it because he had that match with Benoit.He will go into Mania against Lesnar more than likely,though I hope he goes against someone besides Lesnar.

I'm thinking it may be a Raw superstar to win it this year since last year Lesnar who's a Smackdown superstar won it,but I'm hoping it's Angle.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 06:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

The Royal Rumble back in the day was a the best shit ever. I mean you never knew who was gonna win. No one knew Hacksaw Jim Duggan was gonna win the Rumble. No one thought that John Studd would out last Andre and win the Rumble. No one thought Flair drawing the #3 spot was gonna win the rumble, but they all did and it was always a surprise. Around 94' when Hart and Lugar had that gay ending, is when the Rumble started sucking, because the fans lost out on the event. Michaels doing what he did was no big deal, because #1 and #3 are one in the same. They just wanted to get Flairs name away from the history books, It wasn't the same. Then when people like Austin started winning it, it just lost all luster. I think this is a do or die time for the Rumble it hasn't been good in a while, so this will be the test on whether the Rumble is still good or not. Most lilkly no. Something happend when WW3 came along. It was better then the rumble. And so was the lethal Lottery.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

baldrock is on a distinguished road

the royal rumble is one of my favourite matches as a wwe fan. I often watch old ones because there is so much happening you forget some stuff. I would probably pick Goldberg to win in 2004, with Benoit, Angle, Rock, & Cena all in toward the end. I also have a feeling Kane will be number 30, everyone thinking he's gonna win it, but then getting eliminated by Booker T like what he said on Raw this past Monday
baldrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

heres some stuff i like to see in rumbles:

1) the rumble sets up a title match, so therefore the rumble will be won by some sort of main eventer. in order for the rumble to be interesting, there needs to be as many main eventers or potential main eventers in the rumble as possible. (remember the year 2000 where the fans new rock or big show were the only possible winners)
2) in the last few rumbles, major players have entered far too late in the match for my liking. i like it better when major faces come out on average earlier than major heels, so the heels have an advantage.
3) too many wrestlers getting eliminated quickly makes it boring. i much prefer each rumble entrant to make an impact in the match, and to keep a few guys in the ring at all times.
4) stuff we wouldnt normally see, like the hardys figting in the last rumble, or when kane lasted an hour, that could have really boostd his gimmick, or when nash lasted ages, things like that are great in rumbles.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote