ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Would Bubba Ray Be able to make it, if he wasn't always Bubba Ray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2004, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
confused Would Bubba Ray Be able to make it, if he wasn't always Bubba Ray

So i got to thinking (a dangerous past time lol) and during the Dudleys match tonite I really couldn't see how people preferred Buuba over D-von......I know we had a simular threed already about which Dudley is better. But When it came down to the Dudley split only one Dudley changed. DeVon took on a whole new gimmick, and I personally think that he did very well with what he had to work with. He was a heel and he did draw heat as Rev. D-Von. While on Raw which is the major show for WWE, Bubba Ray Dudley took the gimmick of Bubba Ray Dudley. I was wondering if the roles were flipped would Bubba be able to be so versitile. Devon has always more or less been the voice of the group ever since coming to WWE, and his mic skills were good as hell when he was the Reverend. Bubba's were sub-par....Devon is a mobile wrestler who is able to do what Bubba does and then on top of that go to the top rope, and bring intense energy in the ring.....Just wandering if Bubba had to be something else would he make it........

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Remember during Bubba Ray's singles run when he had that mini-feud with HHH. I thought if this was the 1980s, the man could have main evented, he kinda reminded me of Dusty Rhodes. I think he could make it, but just be a mid carder.
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Neither of them can really get over without the other. It's that whole tables thing, and since Bubba is the one that puts them through it, he's the one that the fans seem to want to see more. I think they're both tired, but splitting them is about as bad as firing them. I don't know what you do with them anymore, but the Bubba gimmick can't really stand on it's own. I guess D-von might do ok again, he'd be midcard for life, but he got over at least a little bit with the Rev gimmick. I don't know, I don't even really care anymore.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Well being that I watched ECW years before they got on tnn and had ppvs before then, I had seen both men wrestle for months on end in singles and didn't think either one had the charisma to get over alone. The only reason the rev. dvon deal worked was he had batista then farooq with him, again he needed someone with him to make it work.

Outside of the hardcore division, bubba can't pull off singles matches that well imo.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

i like bubba, but as The Top Guy on Raw, that's completely different. So Nope!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Bubba's an ok westler...but one thing hes gotta change are those "batty rider" shorts hes wearing....YUK!! Stick to the long pants bubba.
Old 07 Jan 2004, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

HunterHumpHomos is on a distinguished road

Could be worse.
At least he's not Beaver Cleavage.
HunterHumpHomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterHumpHomos
Could be worse.
At least he's not Beaver Cleavage.
What a way to trash someone's career......Vince sure knows how to pick the great gimmicks

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Bubba has one option for his career, and that is Bubba.....he was actually a lot better as "stuttering" Bubba.....i enjoy watching the Dudley's at times, but DVon is the better of the two by himself by far.....

Bubba is out of the Nasty Boys, PE image.....DVon could cut it as a singles guy just because he is really powerful, he works the mic a little better, and i could see him becoming a Booker T type if they were to split.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

i think bubba could make it
Neil #1 Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Bubba could make it on his own, but I think he'll need DVon in the longrun. As far as DVon goes he could make it solo too. He is great on the mic and is a great wrestler, so I think it would be ok for both of them if they would splitup
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 06:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Taker89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Taker89

Neither of them could make it ALONE in the WWE they need to get the tables. SO either Bubbas not smart enough to get a table or D'Vons not smart enough to think of it himself.

Peace My Dudes.

Don't Hunt What You Can't Kill

The Best In The Business
RANDY ORTON'S HIT LIST
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Mick Foley
  • Jerry " The King" Lawler
  • Moolah
  • Mark Cuban
  • Sgt. Slaughter
Taker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2004, 11:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

bubba can take nasty bumps and has a few good power moves, but he looks too silly to be a main event face. as a heel i think thered be more chance for him.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote