ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The GM's do they even make sense???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2004, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
confused The GM's do they even make sense???????

I've been thinking for a while now, what excat purpose do the GM's on both SD and Raw serve as. Is there really a purpose of having them on the show......Lets see:

There was a time when there was a President of the WWF, known as Jack Tunney.....He was the man that was suppose to make all the decesions. He wasn't bias to anyone wrestler and he followed every major decesion in the rule by the rule book......Same with Nick Bockwinkle as the Commish of WCW.......These guys never ever were on TV more then maybe 4 times a year at best. I remember going very long periods of time without seeing Jack Tunney. And the only time I saw him was if there was a big announcement coming up.....Or if something had happend to the World title and needed to be dealt with. The only other time Jack Tunney would be around was if someone was so out of control that they attacked a ton of refs and the staff and all sorts of other shit, then they would be suspended. In thinking about it; that makes sense. Tunney was only there when something important needed to be said or done. He didn't take up tv and gloat about certain things and be involved in all the storylines. Why because that was what the whole point of having the wrestlers around was for. I can't help but think that Eric Bishoff, Paul Heyman and Steve Austin serve no purpose on the show. Can someone answer why they have to be on TV every show talking, and taking up air time that could be another whole match. Can someone explain why Eric Bishoff and Paul Heyman both hate all the face's on both shows? I mean there is no real storyline here. Its like Vince hired to men to come into the company and give the face's hell. They just came in and assumed the role of evil bad guy. What does Bishoff have to gian by hating and holding Goldberg down. What does Haymen have to gain or prove by Making Benoit and Kurt go through shit. Or Shannon Moore being tossed around each week. Why have both General Manager allign themseleves with the heels and the World champions.........I can't help but think the show would be so much better if there was A Commish of both shows who very really made an appearence. This way when we the fans see them we think that its a big deal, and not some uneven conspiricy like it is every fucking week. If Heyman wants to surround himself with Morgan, Show and Brock then why doesn't Vince just make him their manager......If Bishoff has to talk so much why doesn't he replace JR or be added to the annouce team to be a heel play-by-play. (Eric is the best play-by-play in the entire company) I mean it doesn't make any sense. And it seems like they use the same storyline for both GM's .........Lame...........

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

i agree wholeheartedly Dre.....the GM's have taken the place of the commish.....the commish was only around every once in a while, like you said.....not a fan of the GM angle at all.....wrestlers used to call someone out if they needed a way for a match to be put on.....now they go beg the GM.....i don't like it much.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Just a spot to use austin and give heyman and bischoff air time, though I wish they had more say so backstage.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

GM is ok.....but the amount of TV time they take up on raw/sd is ridiculous. they should cut down on the amount of time it takes for them to say something.......like come out once a show maybe.......
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I agree it is ridiculous that both GM's take up time. Why do both gm's have to be heel. I think that the wwe should go back to having a president that rarely ever made an appearance
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkGothicPrince~
Just a spot to use austin and give heyman and bischoff air time, though I wish they had more say so backstage.
Agreed Ice, I would rather have Paul and Eric be behind the sceanes. It can't be to much worse then the Hollywood writers they have now. If Austin can wrestle then let him wrestle, if he can't then let him go back to Victoria, Texas where he can drink his cheap beer, and stay the hell off my TV

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

I agree with what has already been said. I say keep the gm's but have their segments be alot shorter than they are now. That way the superstars get more time to have longer and hopefully better matches.
Old 05 Jan 2004, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

WWE just doesn't know how to be creative anymore. Wait, Vince doesn't know how to be creative anymore. I miss Jack Tunney.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 05:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

GM's are just there to give some kind of authority figure.

What I didn't like was the Austin/Bischoff GM system on RAW. It was a good idea in theory, but it got kinda old when Austin always made Bischoff look like a fool.
Old 06 Jan 2004, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The GM's are lame and have been for a long time. It's just been awful for the Comish/GM (which are basically the same character) for years. I did think Regal was pretty good, but it's such a tired played out excuse to keep dragging ppl on to tv. I really wish they would get rid of it all together, or give it to someone who isn't constantly interfering and being in the way. I wouldn't mind if Bish came out, gave a 5 min promo on the show, and then went backstage for the rest of the night and only came out for special occasions. But instead we get to see every fucking gm type person come out and forget to mention some stupid stipulation in a match, every week. It's driving me nuts. Fuck Austin, Bish, Heyman, Long, Foley, and any other pain in the ass that's wasting time slobbering with some whore and running his mouth instead of letting the actual wrestlers have time.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

thers too many gms on tv, or ownrs commissioners or whatever you want to call them.

you could say that vinces presence on tv actually caused ratings to rise, but why was that? he pushes himself SO MUCH that he's bound to be the most over performer on the roster. face commissiones are bad too i think, as they steal thunder from the active face wrestlers.

i think the owners should drastially cut down their appearance time, to make their few appearances seem more important. all these random hirings, firing, suspensions and reinstatements are stupid too.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2004, 05:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Stephanie was giving us just the right amount of time on tv til she started to fued w/ Sable and Vince. She announced shit, and left.