ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Wrestlers Who Are Household Names.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pimp Schnookie

Soundgarden420 can only hope to improveSoundgarden420 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Soundgarden420
Default Wrestlers Who Are Household Names.

When I think of household names, I think of people who are know all over the World. When it comes to wrestlers and non-wrestling people, the names I think of are....

Hulk Hogan - Back in the 1980's, everybody knew who he is. In his book, he told a story that he was in New York and it was like the Pope came in. He had it all. A cartoon show, a cereal, a few cheesy B-movies. He even made wrestling look like a legitamate sport.

The Rock - Making movies and going on talk shows is bringing him recognition as we speak. It's hard to believe that 6 years ago, he would be as big as he is today. I guess the same can happen to Rodney Mack or Funaki .

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin - With all the merchandise and talk show appearances, and bringing life back into the WWE, he deserves to be a household name.

Andre The Giant - Back in his day, he was HUGE and rings a bell to ALL casual fans.

Chyna - Manly thing, I assume, and playboy.

Roddy Piper - Possibly by name.

Undertaker - Same thing.

Classie Freddy Blassie - Maybe back in his day.

Ric Flair - Could be.

Macho Man Randy Savage - Slim Jim commercials and by name.

Jesse "The Body" Ventura - Governor of Minnesota.

Jerry Lawler - In 1981 when he was fueding with Andy Kaufman. He's prolly forgotten now.

Waits for ignorant bums to mark out HBK, HHH, Benoit, and Goldberg.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

HHH has been on Talkshows as well as appeared on SNL and has a few movies coming out..he is on his way to being a household name

Goldberg, has appeared in multiple movies and talkshows...if he aint there yet he will be soon

Jesse Ventura, been in several movies and is currently a governor

The Rock, movies and talkshows and SNL he is a houshlod name

Hogan, he's the joke most commonly associated with wrestling...

Old 29 Dec 2003, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'm not a hogan fan but you have to give vince credit for having him pull off the rock-n-roll wrestling era of the 80's for him in the wwf.

When I think of wrestling mainly, I think of guys like bruiser brody who was stabed in the wrestling locker room.

Ric Flair coming back from the broken back in a plane crash.

The Von Erichs and for the death of 4 of their sons.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

When I think of wrestlers who are houshold names I think of Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Andre the Giant, Mick Foley, Jesse Ventura (only because of his role as governer), Roddy Piper and Chyna (because of her lawsuit againest WWE and her manlyness, along with the Playboy photos).
Old 31 Dec 2003, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I was surprised to find out some people remember Mankind, Probably His weird mask or his books but the main reason they remember was because of is suicide jump off the Cell.

Have a Nice Day!
Old 01 Jan 2004, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

i'd say:
Hulk Hogan
the Rock
Stone Cold
Andre the Giant
Jesse Ventura

i cant think of any others.....i just woke up....
Old 01 Jan 2004, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

to me a household name wrestler is one my boss at work would have heard of, like hogan. probably the only real household name. next id say the undertaker. after that austin rock and warior. thats it.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 01 Jan 2004, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Hulk Hogan
Steve Austin
The Rock
HHH
Mankind
Andre The Giant
The Undertaker
Ric Flair
Sgt. Slauter
Bret Hart
Old 01 Jan 2004, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pimp Schnookie

Soundgarden420 can only hope to improveSoundgarden420 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Soundgarden420

^^I highly doubt Sgt. Slaughter is a household name. Bret Hart MAYBE in Canada.
Old 01 Jan 2004, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

there are only 5 household names in Saudi Arabia :

1-Hulk Hogan : anytime you wanna talk about "wrestling" just say the name : Hulk Hogan. every one knows his name, starting from 5 years old kids and ending with 80 years old people.

2-The Rock : his name is mostly known in the Young-Adults Generation ( from 17 to 27 ).

3- Steve Austin : his name is known as "The Bad Ass of Wrestling", when you start acting like a "Bad Ass", some people might say : Hey you are not Steve Austin budy.

4-Shawn Michaels : there is no girl who ever watched wrestling that can forget his name, every girl who ever watched wrestling was or is in love with this guy.

5-Brock Lesnar : the favorite wrestler of the New Younger Generation ( Teenagers ).

Old 08 Jan 2004, 02:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

$cotchpreet#2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden420
When I think of household names, I think of people who are know all over the World. When it comes to wrestlers and non-wrestling people, the names I think of are....

Hulk Hogan - Back in the 1980's, everybody knew who he is. In his book, he told a story that he was in New York and it was like the Pope came in. He had it all. A cartoon show, a cereal, a few cheesy B-movies. He even made wrestling look like a legitamate sport.

The Rock - Making movies and going on talk shows is bringing him recognition as we speak. It's hard to believe that 6 years ago, he would be as big as he is today. I guess the same can happen to Rodney Mack or Funaki .

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin - With all the merchandise and talk show appearances, and bringing life back into the WWE, he deserves to be a household name.

Andre The Giant - Back in his day, he was HUGE and rings a bell to ALL casual fans.

Chyna - Manly thing, I assume, and playboy.

Roddy Piper - Possibly by name.

Undertaker - Same thing.

Classie Freddy Blassie - Maybe back in his day.

Ric Flair - Could be.

Macho Man Randy Savage - Slim Jim commercials and by name.

Jesse "The Body" Ventura - Governor of Minnesota.

Jerry Lawler - In 1981 when he was fueding with Andy Kaufman. He's prolly forgotten now.

Waits for ignorant bums to mark out HBK, HHH, Benoit, and Goldberg.
shutup you loser bret hart was a houshold name, fuck your dumb, get out of here why are you posting here if you dont know anything about wrestling.
Old 08 Jan 2004, 05:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

hogan rock, thats it. it it it it it it it it it
a bloke at my work never heard of austin

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 08 Jan 2004, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^true. Hogan is what almost everybody knows when they say wrestling. Next is Rock, if they have to name somebody that's more recent. Some ppl may know who SC is and they prolly remember Andre if you remind them. But if you're talking household like everybody in the world knows, then it's Hogan and Rock are the only 2 real contenders.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 08 Jan 2004, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Other Than Hogan...There Is No Household Name, Like Exo Said...Undertaker, LMAO... No, I Don't Think So...

Rock Is Quite Possibly The Next In Line...
Old 08 Jan 2004, 05:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

bret hart is the only household name
Closed Thread