ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Funny Backstage Story In SmackDown! Lockerroom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2003, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road
Default Funny Backstage Story In SmackDown! Lockerroom

The following are highlights of a WWE.com article:

As a part-time WWE ring announcer, Justin Roberts generally works at shows when Tony “SmackDown!” Chimel takes time off, which is rare.

So it was a real treat when Roberts got the opportunity to ring announce in front of his hometown crowd last week at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, following the recent overseas tour.

Friends and family were on hand – about 20 in all – with cameras ready to capture Robert’s homecoming on film. But they almost didn’t get the opportunity.

“It was straight out of a movie,” Roberts said. “There was no flight delay. The rental car place wasn’t out of rental cars. I got to the arena, the family was in the crowd, the friends were in the crowd.

“And at 7:15, I opened my dressing room door to go out to get ready and -- boom! – the door won’t open.”

Roberts was alone in the dressing room 15 minutes before show time, and he got stuck inside. The door was broken before it shut, and now it was jammed. Plus, it wasn’t a regular door; it was a heavy-duty, secure, fireproof dressing-room door weighing an estimated 250 pounds, with steel on the outside, filled with concrete on the inside. It wouldn’t budge.

“When it closed, that was it,” Roberts said. “It wouldn’t swing open again, from the outside or inside.”

Apparently a piece of metal had become dented and locked in place, and the only way to get the door open was to unbend it from the inside.

Roberts recalled: “I asked myself, ‘What would MacGyver do?’ I looked for a screwdriver. But since it was a dressing room and all I had in there were my briefcase and suitcase, there was no screwdriver, gum or tinfoil. I had no idea what I was going to do, and figured I finally ran into my Chicago obstacle that I had been awaiting.”

Roberts heard Jimmy Tillis, WWE’s head of security, on the outside, and tried to explain what had happened. At first, Tillis thought Roberts was pulling a prank; it was difficult to hear because the door was so thick and heavy. Once Tillis figured out that Roberts was not kidding, and was stuck, he tried to open the door, but to no avail.

“Big Show came to the door and asked me what was going on, and I told him,” Roberts said. “He tried pushing it and shaking the handle. … Then he told me to step away from the door.”

Big Show said, “I told him to stand back away from the door, and in one big thrust kick, I kicked the door in and set him free. I was his knight in shining armor.”

Roberts agreed, saying, “He was my hero, no joke.”

Tillis, the security guard, has an extensive background in martial arts, but even he said he’d never seen anything like it. Paul Heyman was also standing nearby.

“You have to realize, this man has superhuman strength,” Heyman said. “It’s not just the way we market him and advertise him and promote him. If you ever meet him or get up close to him, just look at the size of his hands. They’re bigger than any part of anybody’s body in the locker room. He is a real, true-to-life giant. He’s superhuman, and knocking down a door is nothing for him.”

“I kicked it in the lock area so I wouldn’t break the door,” he said. “But I sheered the lock right off it.”

Roberts said, “He did not break the door. He just fixed the problem.”

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2003, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Big Show you're my hero

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2003, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

^some advice.....never put that kissing smiley when your talking about big show lol

pretty cool, um......yay for big show? lol
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2003, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

But Big Show's my hero

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2003, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^^^Syn's gonna be jealous.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2003, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Big Show is my night and shining armor, lol
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote