ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE year in review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Dec 2003, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default WWE year in review

Avg. Attendance 11/02 - 3,644
Avg. Attendance 11/03 - 3,622 (-0.6%)

Avg. Gate 11/02 - $127,550
Avg. Gate 11/03 - $126,070

% of House Shows Sold Out 11/02 - 0%
% of House Shows Sold Out 11/03 - 3.6%

Avg. RAW rating 11/02 - 3.34
Avg. RAW rating 11/03 - 3.58 (+4.1%)

Avg. Smackdown rating 11/02 - 3.34
Avg. Smackdown rating 11/03 - 3.48 (+4.2%)

---

Well this is at least a little interesting. Overall attendence is down, but house shows are up, by a lot, while the ratings picked up about the same amount of viewers. I'm not sure why then that attendence would be down, unless ppl are just getting more picky about what they spend their money on or if the constantly rotating stars in and out is affecting anything. Still, there's not much change at all from last year. At the avg. money drawn at 126,070 is across the board, then wwe made about 45,000,000 at the door alone. I'm assuming this is with 2 tv shows and 2 house shows a week give and take for ppv's and such. If anybody has anything more accurate, please let me know.

But there are apx. 400,000 viewers that have been brought back, or new ones exposed to the shows. That's a lot of ppl. I'd be curious to see what merchandise and advertising is bringing in. At least across the year, ratings are up, and by a significant margin over last year. So I guess something is right, or the product is getting better.

At any rate, the viewers are up, but nothing has been that spark that lights the wrestling world on fire. On the other hand, nothing has killed it off. Any thoughts?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2003, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

i don't think the product's getting better (well, maybe), but i think it's just people are noticing it more, yuo know, seeing it on comercials, stuff like the Superstars seeing the troops in Iraq, stuff like that.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 04:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

I think the actual product has improved slightly from 2002 (that was one crap year), but its still nothing like it should be.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

This year did better than last year in ratings because right after Kane got unmasked the ratings were in the 4's from late June to early September. Also because there was no HHH fucking a dead corpse in a coffin or the Al/Torrie/Dawn Marie angles.

This year did better also because Austin came back and Goldberg came to the WWE and I know from the cheers goldberg gets that he has quite alot of fans.

It has been a good year for the wwe but nothing like 1999 or 2000
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote