ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

RVD the Predictable

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2003, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
err RVD the Predictable

I have noticed something, something distrubing, I could call a RVD match with my eyes closed. He does the same old stale moves over and over again, It seems the man has no talent, he has nothing. Which is another reason they should've kept the Hardcore division for talentless idiots like RVD. I bet you I can call a entire match of RVD, if you can then reply

Oppnent goes for clothesline, RVD ducks, lockup, RVD rolls over back, irish whips oppnent into corner, spot spot……still spot spot, shoulder thrusts, backflip, one last shoulder thrust, rolling thunder, 5 star…….1!…….2!…….3!

Jr says “OMG, RVD HAS WON!” lmao
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2003, 11:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Yes indeed. His matches are the same bullshit over and over with everyone. I hate his matches so fuckin much. Some guys sell everything perfectly, he can't even sell getting thrown into the corner. He barely goes in with any kind of impact All of his moves are fucking UGLY. They hurt my eyes to watch because of unbelievably lame they all are. Rolling thunder is terrible, step over heel kick is hideous, his double shoulder thrust to a backflip then charge is so very pointless, everything he does is plain awful. I am so glad Orton KILLED the ECW legend. Maybe he'll go to TNA or something, at least get the fuck off my TV
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

The best move for RVD at this point is to get the fuck out of the WWE ASAP. I mean in ECW he was DA MAN, I would always talk about the great match's that he put on. You knew that If Van Dam was on the card he was gonna give you a hell of a match. The problem is that he added an ocean to his moveset. I mean its one thing to water down a product, its another thing to be awful......I don't even like watching Rob wrestle anymore. I truly lose interest, because now if you've seen one of his match's then basically you've seen them all, if they are brought to you by WWE tv. I really hope he leaves and hits up the Indy seen so that maybe I can actually enjoy watching him wrestle again. Because as of now he is just God awful. I mean WWE is an entertainment company, which means that you need to utilize the mic. Van Dam let Fonzie handle that aspect in ECW, but now he just looks redicules, his mic skills lack, but he doesn't make it up in the ring, because he just does the same recycled moves over and over. I mean the first time, well alright but the 8th month of the same thing is absurd........

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Jolly
I have noticed something, something distrubing, I could call a RVD match with my eyes closed. He does the same old stale moves over and over again
OK. RVD's got some issues with this WWE performances. RVD's mic skills are nil right about now...too true. 70% of RVD's move set are spots...no denying that. Several wrestlers have been injured in the ring with/by him...that's a fact, although I can't attribute that to any recklessness on RVD's part considering that he has yet to cause himself injury. Whenever RVD does an interview he always sticks his foot in his mouth by issuing veiled criticisms of the WWE and the heirarchy that has developed in the WWE over the years, years in which he was in ECW and not in ...*siggggh* don't I know it.

I know as an RVD mark that he has his faults, and while he might have gotten away with them in ECW, the extent of his faults are exposed in the top drawer production of the WWE. What gets me is how lately everyone is talking about only RVD's predictability and the fact that he uses the same moves every night. That might fly with me if it didn't also apply to every other wrestler in WWE.

Such PWF darlings as Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Cena, Lesnar and even HHH are included. The only new move I've seen out of Jericho in the last three years was the Mack that he recently put on Trish Stratus. The last time Angle added a new move, it was the Triple German Suplex that he started doing when Benoit went in for surgery (which I think was a classy tribute on Kurt's part). Lesnar's last new move was the F5, while Cena's last new move was the FU. And Your New World Champion HHH...love the guy, but the last move I saw him do that he hasn't already done a million times was the Indian Death Lock he put on Booker T back at WMX9.

I can live with y'all hating on RVD. If you don't like him or hate him, that's fine; your opinion is your opinion and I'm not trying to change it. Besides that most of what you guys say about him is correct, including the whole "same old moves." RVD would come out with new moves regularly in ECW, and has really only added two or three new moves/spots to his repertoire in the two/three years he's been in WWE. But to repeatedly criticize him for that when almost noone else in WWE does come up with new moves regularly?

RVD does enough wrong for you to flame on. However, if him not changing up his move set is *so* horrible, then why aren't you bitching about everyone else not doing the same?? Again, go ahead and haterize; if you don't like RVD then it's not my place or inclination to change your mind. I'm just saying that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If RVD using the same moves every night is such an affront to your wrestling taste, then mix in some other wrestlers' names when you complain about it. Not doing so indicates that you're really okay with it, as long as it's someone you like; and that my friends, is called hypocrisy.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
OK. RVD's got some issues with this WWE performances. RVD's mic skills are nil right about now...too true. 70% of RVD's move set are spots...no denying that. Several wrestlers have been injured in the ring with/by him...that's a fact, although I can't attribute that to any recklessness on RVD's part considering that he has yet to cause himself injury. Whenever RVD does an interview he always sticks his foot in his mouth by issuing veiled criticisms of the WWE and the heirarchy that has developed in the WWE over the years, years in which he was in ECW and not in ...*siggggh* don't I know it.

I know as an RVD mark that he has his faults, and while he might have gotten away with them in ECW, the extent of his faults are exposed in the top drawer production of the WWE. What gets me is how lately everyone is talking about only RVD's predictability and the fact that he uses the same moves every night. That might fly with me if it didn't also apply to every other wrestler in WWE.

Such PWF darlings as Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Cena, Lesnar and even HHH are included. The only new move I've seen out of Jericho in the last three years was the Mack that he recently put on Trish Stratus. The last time Angle added a new move, it was the Triple German Suplex that he started doing when Benoit went in for surgery (which I think was a classy tribute on Kurt's part). Lesnar's last new move was the F5, while Cena's last new move was the FU. And Your New World Champion HHH...love the guy, but the last move I saw him do that he hasn't already done a million times was the Indian Death Lock he put on Booker T back at WMX9.

I can live with y'all hating on RVD. If you don't like him or hate him, that's fine; your opinion is your opinion and I'm not trying to change it. Besides that most of what you guys say about him is correct, including the whole "same old moves." RVD would come out with new moves regularly in ECW, and has really only added two or three new moves/spots to his repertoire in the two/three years he's been in WWE. But to repeatedly criticize him for that when almost noone else in WWE does come up with new moves regularly?

RVD does enough wrong for you to flame on. However, if him not changing up his move set is *so* horrible, then why aren't you bitching about everyone else not doing the same?? Again, go ahead and haterize; if you don't like RVD then it's not my place or inclination to change your mind. I'm just saying that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If RVD using the same moves every night is such an affront to your wrestling taste, then mix in some other wrestlers' names when you complain about it. Not doing so indicates that you're really okay with it, as long as it's someone you like; and that my friends, is called hypocrisy.

Late.
Thank God you stuck up for the RVD fans. Seriously, Lesnar's matches are just full of some throwing about, some shouting, some lifting and a lot of 'evil stares'! Leave of RVD or at least critizise your own favourite wrestlers!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Lets see Eddy, who I guess at this point would be my favorite WWE wrestler, isn't nearly as repeatitive as RVD, and though most athletes in the WWE do indeed waterd down their arsonal, nothing is more painful to watch that back flipp shoulder charge in the cornor, or the step over heel kick which you know is coming from a mile away. Eddy on the other hand will switch it up and I don't know what move he is gonna do next. See being that I am a mark for Rob and have been so for over 10 years, I would be a fool to pretend that he doesn't plan suck now.......Out of all the ECW Originals, I would say Van Dam and Jericho are the two with the worse match's. I know what Rob is gonna do in every match, and it looks awful, I'm mearly giving Rob constructive critisism, on the fact that his in ring ability has declined, Anone who reads my post knows I am not bias to just one wrestler nor to I follow the trend. I have been saying Rob should leave WWE from the minute he arrived at WWE. Just yesterday when everyone was saying how Cena should be champ this and its about time for Cena to do this. I was the ONLY one who went against the grain and said, Cena's in ring preformence, has declined and he shouldn't be a champion at all over certain athelets if he is gonna preform so-so in the ring.

Bottom Line Rob and the WWE don't mesh, and the longer he stays with them the worse it is for people who actaullt grew use to his ability to put on a good match, Frankly RVD hasn't even had a good match in WWE.

Old 15 Dec 2003, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
Bottom Line Rob and the WWE don't mesh, and the longer he stays with them the worse it is for people who actaullt grew use to his ability to put on a good match, Frankly RVD hasn't even had a good match in WWE.
You sure got that right. I make no apologies for RVD's WWE performances, although I do think he's had several good matches since arriving in WWE, and his match w/ Jeff Hardy at Invasion was top notch, I thought. I agree with Jolly in that they should've kept the Hardcore Title to keep RVD fresh. However, I think that Vince thought that with the pops he was getting, RVD would be a good fit for the World Title picture and wanted to move him in that direction, which has clearly not worked.

Personally, I was thinking of starting a "Free RVD" campaign to get him released so he can go to TNA and get back to where he needs to be. I'm not saying that his lack of complete success in WWE isn't his fault, because it is. I believe in accountability and it was his job to adjust to WWE, not WWE's job to adjust to him. Maybe in the future the two can come together and do well, but right now WWE isn't motivated to elevate him and he's not motivated to do what it takes to elevate himself...and a change needs to be made. Sooner rather than later, please.

I am just tired of reading about how RVD uses the same moves every match...yeah yeah and who doesn't?? Singling one person out for something that everyone else in the company is guilty of and then not even mentioning that fact is hypocrisy. There's enough wrong w/ RVD in WWE for people to harp on legitimately. People don't need to harp on him continuously for something that the entire company is guilty of.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre

You know your right Glue, I didn't take into account the Hardy/RVD match is was good. I think the main problem with RVD/WWE is that the WWE fans are still in auuhh about his pure athletisism. I think for the most part the WWE fans who on;y watched WWF have never seen his other match's and so what they get now in their opinion is ment. I think Rob's faithful fans though do feel a little disappointed, one because, I truly think they misues him. They could have used him so differently, but i think they thought the fan feedback was good enough.......Free RVD, Free RVD, Free RVD, yeah Glue i like that petition idea.

Old 15 Dec 2003, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
You know your right Glue, I didn't take into account the Hardy/RVD match is was good. I think the main problem with RVD/WWE is that the WWE fans are still in auuhh about his pure athletisism. I think for the most part the WWE fans who on;y watched WWF have never seen his other match's and so what they get now in their opinion is ment. I think Rob's faithful fans though do feel a little disappointed, one because, I truly think they misues him. They could have used him so differently, but i think they thought the fan feedback was good enough.......Free RVD, Free RVD, Free RVD, yeah Glue i like that petition idea.
Yeah WWE has misused RVD, but that's because (IMO anyway) Vince saw his popularity coming out of the gate and wanted him to eventually be a World Champion contender. He went ahead and unified the IC and Hardcore Titles and then killed them. I think RVD made a mistake in not modifying his in ring approach to non-hardcore matches.

I've said before that RVD should mix in a suplex or body slam here and there. People complain that he's a spot machine and they're right. I like his spots, but you can't be a main eventer with only spots. You can't go into the ring with a guy like HHH who improvises and not use the bread and butter moves. But no, RVD wants nothing but high spots. RVD never got it that HHH isn't Sabu and he'd have to actually wrestle.

RVD's failure to become a true main eventer in WWE is both his and WWE's fault. I was happy with his match with Orton in that he shook things up a little. Twice I thought he was going to do that step over heel kick when he caught RKO going for a mid section kick. He didn't, opting for first a spinning leg sweep and then a dropkick to the throat later. He did body slam Orton once, which had me out of my seat...but to your point that his fans have been disappointed, yes we have. But that's what happens when RVD doesn't have Jerry Lynn to annihilate, Fonzie to do all the talking and chairs to kick people with legally.

I thought he did well jobbing cleanly for Orton. Now, it's time for RVD to get out from under The Man's Thumb and go to TNA. Or at least turn heel, maybe for Teddy Long...but eventually go to TNA.

Late.