ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Should There be more Managers and Stables

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Dec 2003, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Question Should There be more Managers and Stables

It is always fun when you have a posse behind you, or a manager or valet in your corner. I miss the days when a manger had his own stable like Jimmy Hart or Bobby Heenan. Do you think good manaers would help keep the attention of the watchers. As for Stables i think that there are some wrestler who could be apart of a stable in order to boost their careers. Look at whats it done for Ortan and Batista already. But not stupid stables that are taken as a joke, but ones that are taken seriously and as a threat

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2003, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

absolutely.....the Heenan's and the like were used as a place for the worn out wrestlers to stay in the business without having to tarnish their image in the ring.....

it also gives guys credibility without having just one guy (HBK) be the one to always put them over.....and, a lot of times, the manager was the more hated heel than the wrestler.....you watched to see at what point Mr Fuji was going to get involved and the like.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2003, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Actually, I'm not much a fan of managers. I find them distracting and obnoxious. I don't mind Long right now though. I mean he sucks, but it seams ok. I also didn't mind Steve Richards in RTC. Even though that sucked to. Maybe it's just the cliche of the bloated windbag screaming and interfering in everything and getting red in the face from yelling so much and all that crap that i can't stand, because I really wasn't happy with Heyman and his stable last year. Hmmm, so I'm not that against managers I suppose, it's just that I don't want to see them as carnival game barkers anymore.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2003, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

lol.....Exo and i posted at the same time.....

two things.....#1, i can't believe i used "and the like" twice.....how stupid am i?.....(don't answer that)

#2....speaking of carnival barkers, remember Col Tom Parker in the WCW?.....that kind of guy, we do not need.....point taken, Exo.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2003, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Managers and stables are good to build young heels,like orton and bautista,but I don't really care for having a lot of them
Old 03 Dec 2003, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

too many can be a burden but too little isnt as entertaining because if there is only 1 or 2 per showand they are both heel or both facec there isnt really a point
Old 03 Dec 2003, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I think there should be some managers but not to many
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2003, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Bring back the managers! You didn't get a laugh out of Jim Correntte and his tennis racket? How about Brother Love? The only managers I miss are Heenen, Bearer, and Dibiase. The Million Dollar Corporation was the best stable ever.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2003, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Stables are fun. Managercentric stables are fun as well. These, however have to be used in moderation. Two top card heel stables and a mid card heel stable should do. I also don't think it's really a stable without at least four people, though and I don't think faces should have stables.

The main reasons I think managerial stables are cool are A) Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and B) Jimmy "The Mouth of The South" Hart. Today, with Ric ringside, you know that if the "manager" gets involved in a scrap outside the ring, he can handle himself somewhat, and it usually happens every night.

With Heenan and Hart, those two were protected by their "clients" because as soon as any wrestler got a hold on them, they were done. Jimmy Hart, in particular was tremendous at getting out of (physical) trouble and landing his guys the win at the same time. It was this elusiveness that they had and their ability to keep themselves out of harm's way while getting under the skin of the crowd that made me want...no, it made me need to see those guys get their asses kicked, and when finally/eventually it did happen it was almost friggin orgasmic.

The whole concept of developing a feud with someone in a stable and then involving the whole stable in the feud to overwhelm the face is just...priceless. Example: HHH and DX v. Test. Too bad Test, HHH took Steph to the drive thru at McMarriages before you could get the deal sealed...then DX kicked your ass for a couple months straight.

Good stuff, man.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2003, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

Sure. But not to many. Maybe two or three per show.
Old 06 Dec 2003, 10:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I always hated managers, so no. Stables? Yeah, but too many, it kind of gets bogged down.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2003, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

I only like managers if they've got a reason for being with the person. It pisses me off when people like Shaniqua and Miss Jackie are just paired up with people because they haven't got a clue what to do with them...
Old 06 Dec 2003, 02:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I agree Tempo, I don't like if they just randomly pair a manager or valet with a person, there has to be a story or a reason why that person is the manager. The Horsemen had J.J. Dillion not because he came out of no where; but because he was the manager of Tully Blanchard and he wanted to help the team of Flair and The Anderson's get ride of Dusty Rhodes, Sam Huston and Barry Windham along with Tully, but it took about 7 months to put that angle together, I think if the WWE put in time and effort in creating deceant stables with major players and good story lines then stables could work.....WWE already sucks at stables and in the past havn't done a good job imo with stables, DX was probly their best known stable and I thought at the end of the day that the DX stable was a poorly written suckass stable mimmicking the anttics of another satble over in WCW, but with less of an impact and more childess behavior. But I grew to like DX, it really is one of the only stables WWE allowed to exist for over a year. A stable can't be taken seriously or as a threat unless then been together for some time. Been able to mesh well and switch up who they work with. Again in the Original Horsemen I swear I saw Tuly and Ric team up more then I saw Arn and Tully...WWE never really sold the relationship of their stables in the past. The only good WWE stable that i think they did a supperb job on and actually give a lot of thought to was the Hart Foundation.....I gotta a feel for these guys like I got a feel for the Horsemen or the Freebirds, or the Dangerious Alliance or the EC'Dub Dudley Family.....I think if they creat more teams like the Foundation then people would be more open to stable.....I was looking at some old school tapes, and I just realized it just isn't the same.......Everyone had a posse or a set of friends or a manger.....it was a good......I was rambling sorry its his fault------>

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote