ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

John Cena:Championship material?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Nov 2003, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default John Cena:Championship material?

I think he is,he's way over right now,and has put on a good effort in all his matches,and I think he sholud feud with lesnar,not benoit.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

I think he should be US champ for a while to see how he carries a title, then we'll see. He has lots of potential and time, so I'm glad they're not pushing him too quickly.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2003, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

^you have a good point,i see a possibilty where he feuds with show and takes the title.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Adversary

I'd call it a certainty.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

I agree with both of you. I can see him becoming WWE champion somewhere down the road for sure.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Cena is absolutely, positively, no questions or bones about it Championship Material. His mic skills are pretty much the best on SmackDown! now that Mattitude is on RAW, and his in ring ability is tremendous. Not to mention that his in ring style perfectly suits his character.

In three to five years, I can see Cena having the same type of impact on WWE that Rocky had. It's also nice that with his character he can go either face or heel and not have to change it up too much.

He'll get the US Title soon from Big Slow as a trial run. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2003, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

He would be a great champ
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

Yes, Cena can be a Good Champion, but its all about Right Timing.

The WWE don't want to "Force Feed" Cena as Champion (a'la Brock Lesnar) to the Fans.

the way its going right now, one week ago I would've said he is going to get a shot at the US Title. but after what happened on SmackDown! it looks like "IMO" that Maybe Cena will go for the WWE Title and Benoit will be given a US Title shot. "P.S. at house shows they did a switch, they took Benoit from the mainevent and put him in a 6-man tag match in Cena's place, and they took Cena and put him in the mainevent in Benoit place".

but keep this in mind, who knows where this is going. but it sure look like Cena has a good chance of being the US Champion or the WWE Champion in the near future.

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 28 Nov 2003 at 12:21 AM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2003, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Adversary

I think when Brock called Benoit "a guy who'll never win a title", it was a great way to build towards Benoit finally winning it all. Benoit will be the next champ, imo.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

benoit & cena both deserve the WWE title, i say give benoit the WWE title, give cena the US championship.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2003, 04:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Is it just me...or is Cena really irritating? I really can't be bothered with him...Benoit has heaps more talent and most PROPER fans (not the nine year olds) will want Benoit to win, a la me!

Orton also gets on my nerves, just not as much as I actually some point in continuing to push him. Batista shows more promise than both of these - as long as he's never given a Goldberg unstoppable gimmick. Matt Hardy deserves more than all three of these rookies combined.
Old 29 Nov 2003, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

knuckles i agree with you in some way exspecailly about Batista.

But I do like Ortan, and hope they do the same thing to him that they do for Cena, and that is not to push them too fast. I didn't like Cena when he first arrrived, because he was a tool, I was like this guys from Boston pfft. But then slowly he chnage his shit around. Now the people are strating to like him, well then we should just see how that pans out for a month. Just because he is like doesn't mean he should be champion. There should be other things that add into the equation, like time for an instance. If Cena is WWE champ right now, what they hell is there for him to accomplish? It would be to quick...people would get tired of him, I think the reason why wrestlers were rememberd like Randy Savage or Rick Rude or Curt Henning were because they were all loved by the crowd, either loved to be hated or loved to be a babyface the crowd were into these guys, however the minute the fans were interested in them they weren't thrown the World title, they put in some great match's and then more great match's and then an IC title fued, it was over a length of time. I remember so much about Rick Rude in the WWE and i loved him, and he was only the IC champ there he was never world champ but he accomplished so much anyways, all of the great fueds he had, and the same for Curt Henning. Cena will be world champ i believe he plays his cards right, he has been getting good on the mic, and that is a lot. But he is on SD and unlike Raw some of us would like to see some good wrestling, he has been declingin in his in ring ability and i think he needs to develope more in ring on his charecter and technic before he is the HeavyWeight Champion of the WWE. But while he is doing that i believe that he can build that charecter development and teachnic by fueds and holding the IC title for a while. Utilatly they want him to be champ, but if you rush one then whats the point. Benoit is the man is more respectable as the WWE champion i think at this point especailly for the SD brand, where wrestling counts too.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2003, 05:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

excellent post, as usual Dre.....maybe that's why you kicked my butt for poster of the month.....lol....

anyway, here's my two cents.....

Cena will be a champ in the future, no doubt about it. But if he were to be thrust into the spotlight as an immediate world champion (yes, i know he's been around for a little while now) would not do anything for the credibility of the title. The world title is something that is to be revered and takes time to even get the opportunity to hold it. I've said it before, but HBK was in the WWF for seven years before he got the opportunity.....Bret Hart was around for a long time as well. Same with Diesel, Sid, etc... They were all forced to spend time building their legacy before becoming the world champ. Even Goldberg was made to wear another belt before his first title reign (in WCW).

I have not gotten to watch Cena that much, because up until a week ago I could not watch Smackdown. From what I saw on last week's episode, he is destined for greatness. BUT!!!...., he does not need to be force fed the title. He needs to 'work' for it, using the old theory of blood, sweat and tears. Then, when he does win it for the first time, it is something special for his fans and for him personally. Starting with the US title is one way to go about that, but right now imo they need to use Big Show to hold that title for quite a while, and him beating up on Cena is not the way for Cena to be pushed. Let him work on the face angle for a while, being the man to come out and break up dq's and gangbang beatdowns. Let him feud with Eddie. But don't give him a title quite yet......"patience, my little grasshopper", Rome was not built in a day.

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2003, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

lol..... did i actual win the poster of the month, i was away for a week.....

Nice post oeo, i agree in every way as stated before, the more time put into something such as a hunt for the title the more special it is. For example it will be very special at this point if Eddy or Benoit win it.........

Last edited by Dre; 29 Nov 2003 at 06:39 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2003, 06:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Adversary

Great posts guys, and very well said.

There is no reason to give Dena the title right now. It wouldn't help his character development (in fact, it would probably hurt it), and there are more deserving guys who should have that opportunity first (Benoit, Guerrero).

Keep him on the course he's on right now, maybe a US title or at least a feud with Show. A good push doesn't need a title thrown in if it's done well.

All in good time.