ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

PWF Smackdown Thread 11.20.03

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Nov 2003, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default PWF Smackdown Thread 11.20.03

REDEMPTION?
Nov. 20, 2003

Survivor Series may be over, but on SmackDown!, it will not be forgotten. The fallout from one of the hottest pay-per-view events of the year means that many SmackDown! Superstars will be out for revenge this week as SmackDown! comes to you from the Lone Star State.

Brock Lesnar was forced to tap out at Survivor Series and, as a result, his team was unsuccessful against Team Angle. On SmackDown!, Lesnar will be out for redemption and, with General Manager Paul Heyman on his side, he may just get it. Already, Team Lesnar member A-Train will face Texas’s own Bradshaw … but don’t be surprised if the other members of Team Lesnar from Survivor Series are also seeking revenge on SmackDown!

Speaking of Survivor Series fallout, in a shocking turn of events on Sunday, RAW Superstar Kane appeared during a SmackDown! match to come to the aid of Mr. McMahon during his Buried Alive Match with the Undertaker. Kane’s stunning actions against his brother led to the Undertaker being buried alive. On SmackDown!, Kane will make a one-night-only appearance at the invitation of Mr. McMahon to deliver the eulogy for the Undertaker. What will he have to say? Only one way to find out … tune in and watch SmackDown!

Also on SmackDown!, Jamie Noble is not finished with Tajiri by a long shot. He is still fighting for the honor of his girlfriend, Nidia, and on SmackDown!, Noble will have another shot at Tajiri and the Cruiserweight Championship. And, General Manager Paul Heyman has said that he will reward Shannon Moore for staying loyal to SmackDown!, unlike his former partner Matt Hardy. Find out Moore’s reward on SmackDown!

Tune in and see Kyo Dai member Akio, as he faces Rey Mysterio, Los Guerreros will meet the Self-Proclaimed World’s Greatest Tag Team, and John Cena, Mr. McMahon, Sable, and Chris Benoit will all appear … and much more! It all happens on SmackDown!, tonight at 8/7 CT on UPN!

---

I made a Redemption banner once. See...

anyways...

I hope Bradshaw isn't in the main event, but whatever. Hope it's a good show. Can't wait to see what's in store for Shannon Mooron!!! But Cena will be there so I'll be looking forward to that.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2003, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

Kurok is on a distinguished road

They just finished the Boreshaw vs. Gay-Train match, and goddam that SUCKED!!, wonder whats next? oh yeah Brocks ringside with Beniot getting ready to face the EGW(Extreme Goldberg Wannabe).

What about me? What about Kurok?
Kurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2003, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

SWEET!! EGW tapped to the crossface, i guess Vince doesn't have as big of a boner for big guys as I imagined, but why in the BLUE HELL are they trying to give Holly a "face" turn, i sure hope WWE knows what they're doing here pretty much since they've fucked up many things similer like this in the past.

Old 20 Nov 2003, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

To quote Kane "A monster shows no compassion", right if i can remeber didn't he show remorse for Chyna after he 'shot' her in the face with a fireball?

Old 20 Nov 2003, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

LOL, didn't Kane show remorse for Katie Vick as well

Anyways, I thought it was a solid show. The opening Vince promo sucked until Cena came out and saved it. Cena was classic like always.

Rey vs Akio was a pretty good match. I like what I've seen from Akio so far.

Matt Morgan vs Shannon Moore was ok. Nothing special, just your typical BIG vs little matchup.

Train vs Bradshaw was a good match. Once again, A Train has improved immensely recently, and his ring presence is the best it has ever been.

Benoit vs Jones was ok. Jones looks so goofy and awkward in the ring. Benoit was pretty good like always. Holly attacking Lesnar and then getting arrested and Lesnar asking for him to be suspended was stupid. Why the fuck would Lesnar be scared to face Holy

Kane's eulogy was stupid. Nuff said.

Takiri vs Noble was a good match, with a bad ending. I would have liked to see it end fair and square, not with Nidia coming out and being a distraction to Noble.

WGTT vs Guerreros was a good match, but too short. Once again, Haas and benjamin prove they are great as they have tremendous ring psychology, working over Chavo's legs. They always target an area and work it over the entire match, using various holds, kicks, punches and many other maneuvers. The aftermath was cool, with Benjamin using the chair on Chavo's legs. Chavo is a whiney bitch, and should watch replays once in a while to see that Eddy is TRYING to help him

The Cat videos seem to be getting dumber and dumber. I'm not sure anymore if I wanna see him or not.

Cena vs Show was a good match. Nie back and forth with the two. Pretty good ending with Cena giving Show a steps shot FLUSH to the head.

Overall a good show that entertained me for the most part.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2003, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^I loved The Show.

Brock is becoming Gold on the Mic....Quote of the night When Brock said to Nathan Jones "You're one Ugly Bastard"...Lmao

Matt Morgan looked kind of green in the ring...But was still Impressive.

Rey Mysterio and Akiro was a good match. Rey is the only Spot Machine that makes sense, in the wrestling industry...R-V-D watch and learn. If you're going to be a Spot Machine, you should use it as a defense more then a offense.

A-Train vs Bradshaw was suprisingly very good, and told a great story. Neither guy was carried, It seemed liked they just have the perfect chemistry when they're in the ring together...They also work kind of stiff, that camn make any match better. I laways feel if 2 guys want to stiff the hell out of eachother, let them do it.

Benoit carried Jones....Nuff said! I'm just glad I'm finally going to see a Benoit vs Brock Program. I think their Feud, will blow Angle vs Brock out of the water...If done correctly.

Kane Euolgy was entertaining to me. Because if You know the history with the feud, It all makes perfect sense.

Wgtt vs Guerros was a good 5 minute match. I really hope Hass and Benjamin get the belts back, they're the best tag team in the world, Period. The match was basically just to add more fire, to Chavo's heel turn. Chavo is good, But I think he's hurting Eddie, and killing some of the heat Eddie had...Eddie was the most OVER guy in the whole company 2 months ago, but since Chavo's return he's been kind of lost.

The Cat...Don't really care for him. But I am curious.

Show is slowly gaining my respect. I think he's finally accepted the fact, that he has to be carried by better workers, to look credible. Cena made Show look really good tonight, and when you think about it, Cena has a limited move set. But his matches are still entertaining, because he has great Ring Psychology. He knows how to work the crowd, which brings great Heat to his matches. His style is kind of like The Rock and Stonecold (In his Prime). He moght not be a technical genius, but he's never boring.

all in all...Very good Show. 8/10
Old 21 Nov 2003, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Overall I would say this was one of the best wrestling programs in recent memory. That includes Raws and PPVs

The match quality was above average...with few exceptions
A-train vs Bradshaw....as I've said before...luggage needs to be carried by someone, there was noone in this match capable of carrying this kinda luggage...I don't know if there is a man alive who could carry these 2 timefillers to a decent match AT THE SAME TIME...go make a sammich

Benoit vs Nathanberg...tho in this match I did come to a conclusion...it is completely unfair of me to compare the piece of shit that is Nathan Jones to Goldberg...why? simple...Goldberg would have to train for years and years to become the piece of shit that Nathan Jones is.
Benoit was able to carry Jones to a watchable match tho.

Vince....why does this man get to touch the mic????...oh yeah, he owns the company...I forgot

Kane promo...I felt it started out strong..they keep aluding to the return of The Deadman...lets pray it happens

Now for the rest of the show...let me start off with what I felt were the surprises

Tajiri vs Noble...Normally I don't like either of these 2, but this was a pretty damn good match. Noble works well in the ring, I just dont care much for his character.
Noble was sellin the shoulder throughout the match, Good Match over all, impressed by both wrestlers
keep it up guys

Mysterio vs Akio...Again, normally not a fan of Rey..too spot oriented for my tastes, however I saw Akeo work a match on Heat a while back and was impressed. He continues to impress me, this was a great fast paced match. I really hope Akie continues to get some TV time...solo preferably

Matt Morgan vs Shannon Moore...Shannon is a quick little dude he could have an decent future possibly in the US division down the line, Morgan is a beast, I wrote him off as a sloppy bitch initially, but he works well for a big guy, he's pretty quick I hope he has some mic skills cause I'd like to see more from him...these 2 worked a solid match I was surprised...2 styles that are that different IMO don't usually equal a good match...these 2 both proved they can be adaptable, bodes well for them

now for my fav match of the night

the Worlds Greatest Tag Team vs Los Guereros
This was by far the best Tag Team match up I have seen in a loooooooooooong time. WGTT just might be what they claim. Fast paced match up, these 4 have it all, skill, speed, mic presence...they are the whole deal

WGTT's spot with Heyman was beautiful IMO...Benjamin goin on and on, while Haas just kinda stands their looking menacing...you could tell he was kinda creepin out Heyman...and then the "what he said"...that just killed me ..I love these guys

Eddie and Chavo are destined for a split, which is both bad and good..these guys are one of the best Tag Teams EVER...but this will be Eddies turn to go for a major belt...

The Cena vs Big Show match was solid..nothin spectacular but solid...Cena punking out Vince at the begining of the show was great, this kid is steppin up to the main event...great things are in his future

As I said...I was very impressed by the Smackdown effort this week...I love how they are giving the younger guys a place to shine...they'd never get on TV on Raw

overall 4 out of 5 stars

great show
Old 21 Nov 2003, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kryptonite

OH...one thing I forgot...can someone please shoot The Cat between the eyes...

He ain't funny, he has never entertained me, WHY IN THE FUCK DO I WANT HIM ON SD????

Somebody better call my momma...cuz I'm about to change the channel

fuckin stupid Cat

am I the only one who doesnt want him around????
Old 21 Nov 2003, 03:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

I told you wwe needs norman smiley not the cat
Old 21 Nov 2003, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I've never actually quoted my own post before, but I'd just like to bring this one up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by €XØDÜS
^Benoit gets his ass beaten on for 15 mins before he no sells and does his 3 moves. German, stupid teabagging headbutt, crossface, and all the marks say what a great job he does...
So what happens last night? Jones beats Benoit for 10 mins before Benoit delivers his 3 moves. Oh, I know I forgot the chops, sorry. So it goes Benoit gets beat on, then out of nowhere chop chop chop, german german german, then he starts signaling for the end? That's just lame, goes for the headbutt, but omg, he changes it do a drop kick. Wow, he's Chris Benoit, that must've been a brilliant move. No wonder he's so great Then he goes for the fucking lame ass headbutt AGAIN 5 secs later it's into the crossface, oh wait, he took a second to run up and hit Brock, then straight back into the crossface for the tap. And ppl think Berg is predictable...

Cena rocked out at the begining. That was a great promo and he's carrying his face turn well. Basically the fans want to cheer for him, so WWE is going to let them. Cena is the fucking man on SD. And Vince needs to get off the goddamn tv for a change. I swear to god I am so sick of him and his melodramatic bullshit ever week. Die Vince Die

Rey vs Akio was pretty good. Some sweet ass moves in that one. I'd like to see Rey go someplace with this. Maybe Rey and Noble in some crazy tag team action against Kyo Dai.

Missed the Bradshaw/Train match.

Morgan and Mooron was a waste of time. I don't care if some huge guy can squash a cruiser. It makes zero sense. Hell, I could give Moore a power bomb, what should I care if some huge freak does it to him. Morgon looked ok to me though. It was a filler match to set Morgon up, it just didn't go over with me.

Kane promo was kinda good imo. I know it's weird for Kane to act like he's never done anything good in his life (or imitate Hulk Hogan, or call his fans Kanenites, or any of the other dumb shit he's done) but he was resonably creepy and delivered a solid performance on the mic. I was lmao when they put the echo on his laugh at the end though.

Missed the Cat promo. Actually, I did see some part of it, but I can't remember. I was channel surfing or something. I'm just not interested.

WGTT vs Guereros was great. Too short, but great. I just wish Chavo would hurry the fuck up and stop holding Eddie back. Like Truth said, Eddie was way over, and now he has to carry Chavo. Eddie needs to get rid of him and go for some serious fueds. Enough of this tag team mid card shit. Eddie for champ.

Cena vs Show was good. I mean, when I think of what a good solid match should be, this one is it. Both worked off each other well, a good story in the ring, good spots, good bumps, good selling, just a solid match.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2003, 01:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^Yeah, lets just forget Benoit's leg work on Nathan Jones. Lets forget him selling for Jones like a mother fucker. Lets not compliment him on a Picture perfect drop kick from the top rope. Lets Just Forget about him making Nathan Jones watchable...

Yeah lets just forget How great Benoit is. Because in 2 minutes he can explode like Nitro, after taking a 10 minute beating, to help put over a worthless Hoss worker.
Old 21 Nov 2003, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Truth's back, i see.....gonna be around a little more, Truth, or still putting in a lot of school and work hours?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2003, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^sTill putting on a lot of School and Work hours. But I'm chilling a little now, So I'll be around more. Whats up with you, Oeo? Still marking out for....What is his name again?
Old 21 Nov 2003, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

eh....that's YOUR WORLD CHAMPION, GOLDBERG, Truth.....lol....good to see you around, though.....been a little slow in the wrestling forums lately.....you catch Exo's thread about Mr Confederate?.....it was a classic....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2003, 01:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Riddle me this Batman...Who is Mr. Confederate?