ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Can you name 3 superior talents on RAW? I can't!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road
Default Can you name 3 superior talents on RAW? I can't!

I was watching Survivor Series with a few friends, and we played a sort of game, trying to name just 3 RAW performers that we agreed were "better than most".

We couldn't do it.

In fact, the only one we could agree on was Y2J.

So I wanted to ask the same question of you guys:
Can you name just 3 performers on RAW that you consider to be "better than most"?

I'll probably take some heat for this, but I bet you can't.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2003, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Trips, Y2J and Rock. Two of them are away so I'm not sure if this all counts.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Hurricane...an above average wrestler...not a main eventer for sure, but usually entertaining to watch

Y2J...generally a solid performer, has been doing too many spots as of late, but he definately still has what it takes, great on the mic...his ring work isnt what it once was, but still better than most

Randy Orton...The man is destined for super stardom...its in his blood...as long as he stays injury free
Orton is gold, he promos well, he has quite a bit of in ring ability...like I said...gold

HBK...some think he's washed up, but Shawn Michales always poors his heart and soul into the ring, the man has always been an asset to the WWE, his mic work and fan response combined with his in ring ability make him one of the best WWE has ever or will ever see
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Adversary

Cockberg, get your head out of Goldberg's ass and recognize that he is dominating a mid-card show. But eat my ass regardless.

Knuckles, I personally don't count Rock right now, or Triple H anymore either as he's lost a step (or six).

Kurt, agree with you on Orton...almost. Give him a few more months imo - he hasn't even had the opportunity to carry gold yet. Like Flair and Jordan, HBK is a legend for sure, but his best days are (far) behind him. Again, he's lost a few steps and simply isn't what he used to be (far from it imo).
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

HeelFace

The Rock vs. The Hurricane on RAW "before WrestleMania 19" was more entertaining than all of HHH main events put together

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Adversary

Totally agree Badman, but Rock is/was one of the ALL-TIME greats, and he's gone. It wasn't Hurricane that made that match memorable...
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

But , and you can take this to the bank , The Rock will be back in the WWE next year "2004"

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 17 Nov 2003 at 03:38 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

if by "better than most", you mean good wrestling ability, then there are several.....if you mean worthy of the belt, there are few.....anyway, here are my picks.....

HBK.....his best days are behind him, but he can still bring it and always puts everything on the line

Christian.....he has made huge advances in the past year, and again is "better than most" of the other talent....he does not rely solely on spots to put on a match

Jericho.....maybe the best all around talent on Raw, he has become lazy in recent times....maybe lazy isn't a good use of words here, but he has not put on the same show recently as in times past

Hurricane.....i have to agree with Kurt here.....he is a very good performer

Tommy Dreamer.....just for some reason or other has not been given the opportunity to gain tv time.....but again, he's an above average performer

Ric Flair.....he may be 10 years past great, but he can still be a great overall performer.....gets enough ring time to help his stable stay credible, and he is one of the top three all time on the mic

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Adversary

Hope so, but i saw him on Leno about two months ago, and Jay asked him if he would ever get back in the ring, and Rock said, "Well..."

Jay said, "or is it on to bigger things?"

Rock said, "Yeah, that's behind me now."

So, I dunno.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Kids...keep the flaming out of WWE...Warzone only...
Old 17 Nov 2003, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Adversary

I'm honestly surprised that Hurricane keeps coming up...what do you guys like about him? I admit he is funny on occasion, but what else is there to him?

Y2J, for sure! He's the only one I think is a great all-round performer on RAW.

Christian is a good pick, but I don't get hyped when he's wrestling. There's something very average about him.

Dreamer...dunno what to say. Can't really remember him doing anything but swinging things at other people.

Flair...ALL TIME GREAT. Still one of the bast on the mic, if not THE best on the mic, but watching him wrestle isn't something that I really care to see, though he's not BAD by any stretch.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 04:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Hurricane has great moves and in ring ability, he's above average on the mic, and he's been able to pull of the 'masked crusader' gimmick for quite a while now.....he's just stuck on the wrong show, or at least with the wrong partner gimmick.....he would be a great cruiserweight contender

Dreamer.....watch him and Sandman from the ECf'nW a few times....then you'll know what i mean

i also have to agree with Randy Orton.....he's still a little green at times, but it's time for him to be put in the IC title mix.....he's definitely a cut above most performers

Old 17 Nov 2003, 04:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

HHH,don't care what anybody else says,we all know he carried goldbergs ass.

Y2J:the 2nd best on raw,the most consistent guy in the biz today.

Orton:he's a great up and comer,the ture future of the wwe.

Side Note:OEO:,ummm,you didn't even include cockberg on your list,i thought that was your boy?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 04:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Adversary

I have no doubt that Orton will be a great.

Is Dreamer even still on RAW? I honestly don't know.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One

Side Note:OEO:,ummm,you didn't even include cockberg on your list,i thought that was your boy?
i'm just tired of fighting with everybody over him.....i enjoy watching his matches, and i think he is more entertaining than many of the other superstars.....others tend to disagree with that.....but it seems like all i do lately is talk about Goldberg, so i'm attempting to involve someone other than YOUR WORLD CHAMPION: Da' MAN GOLDBERG, who has twice made 3H do the J-O-B cleanly, and dominates the forum with his brilliance in and out of the ring

side note: good to see you posting in here, ONE.....actually, it's good to see several people in the wrestling forums today

side side note: as my fellow TOWC: GOLDBERG members will attest, GOLDBERG is YOUR WORLD CHAMPION and there's two things you can do about it.....Nothing and Like IT!

now, BELIEVE THE HYPE!