ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

the most underappreciated wrestlers in the wwe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2003, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default the most underappreciated wrestlers in the wwe

okay, i thought maybe we could discuss the most underappreciated wrestlers in the wwe.....who deserves to be on tv more, pushed more, etc.....and why they aren't appreciated by either the fans or the writers.....only rule is, no Goldberg or HHH.....don't want it to be a hate thread

i have two that i think deserve more of an opportunity to show what they can do.....

the first one is Maven.....i know, he gets a rap here for not having that many moves and the like, but the pushes he has received have been short lived at best....he has endured injury at times as well.....like now, the opportunity was there for him to be involved with Team Austin.....they had pushed him a little against Evolution, he had some good tv time.....then, when it came time, the writers put RVD in that match instead of Maven.....he has the sleek look with a good build, he's been around for a couple of years now, he seems to get decently good pops when he comes out, but he gets no consistent tv time or matches.....Undertaker helped him out right after he came in WWE, but then he got hurt, so no fault there.....but what about since then?.....they haven't given him a real character or way to go.....Maven reminds me of a young Lex Luger and what happened with Lex when he first came in.....he became a Horseman.....part of a stable, and worked his way through the ranks.....i'd like to see Maven get to do more of this....

the second one is Tommy Dreamer.....since the hardcore belt went away, the WWE has gone completely away with hardcore wrestling.....that's fine, Tommy Dreamer doesn't have to be a hardcore wrestler.....he is over with a good portion of the crowd because of his ECW days, but what do they do with him?......i can't remember the last time i saw Dreamer on tv......maybe he's hurt, i don't know, but the Innovator of Violence is fun to watch in the ring.....it would be good to see these guys on tv a little more often and see a little less of the same people every week, imo.....the main guys need to be there, yes, but i gotta think the WWE would be better served with guys like Dreamer and Maven than Rico and Rosey.....

thoughts?......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Maven I agree with, the kid just needs to develop his skill a little more...maybe work on some signature moves

Matt Hardy, the man has good skill, good mic work, but he still hasnt been on TV for a month. He should have got the US title when it came back...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I think that Matt Hardy should be in a higher spot then he is for the same reason's Kurt just stated. I also think that the entire cruiserweight divsion is under used. You have some of the most famous names in the world and there really isn't to much forward progress. From the Dragon to Rey to Kidman, there are so many talneted cruiserweights that maybe, some good writting and decent fueds would rejuvinate the division. I don't like lil Guido but even he could be a pretty nice factor. I want Terjiri to hold the cruiserweight title for a long time to build some credibility for it.

I don't think that Lance Storm is truly appreciated the same way Tazz wasn't when he was wrestling.

Austin and Goldberg i think are 2 that are over appreciated
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
I think that Matt Hardy should be in a higher spot then he is for the same reason's Kurt just stated. I also think that the entire cruiserweight divsion is under used. You have some of the most famous names in the world and there really isn't to much forward progress. From the Dragon to Rey to Kidman, there are so many talneted cruiserweights that maybe, some good writting and decent fueds would rejuvinate the division. I don't like lil Guido but even he could be a pretty nice factor. I want Terjiri to hold the cruiserweight title for a long time to build some credibility for it.

I don't think that Lance Storm is truly appreciated the same way Tazz wasn't when he was wrestling.

Austin and Goldberg i think are 2 that are over appreciated
I think they need to focus on the US and Cruiserweight divisions more

Both divisions kinda get ignored while we endure the great Kurt and Brock belt hand off.nothing against either guy but c'mon give someone else some TV time.

The cruiserweight Dvision is fast paced, high flying action that typically the WWE audience loves...I dont understand why the WWE refuses to give them any attention.

also a late addition to my list...
Steven Richards...he's a great talent, they just need to give him a REAL push.
if you watch him, there is a lot of Shawn Michaels in him
Old 11 Nov 2003, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Id agree with Kurt on Stevie Richards... if he drops his dumb gimmick.

All I have to say is: PUSH TOMMY DREAMER.

Bring back the Hardcore belt... but no 24/7 bullcrap.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I agree, I think Maven does deserve a good push,but Im hoping when the time is right they would give it to him
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

Kurok is on a distinguished road

Maven seems decent, but he still REALLY does need to develop better signature moves including a cooler finisher as well. Dreamer is being underused big time, hardcore or no hardcore, Vince should give him a chance to shine better in the 'big leagues' in the WWE, but if that still doesn't happen than Tommy will have no trouble finding a place in TNA or in almost any indy fed. on the map. Also Shannon Moore,Ultimo,Spanky,Nunzio and Paul London would make great canadites for the Cruiserweight title.

What about me? What about Kurok?
Kurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Anybody not named McMahon, Goldberg, Austin, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Gowan, Steiner or A-Train is underused and underappreciated in my opinion.

Stop living off Austin's past deeds and get rid of him already!
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2003, 06:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

IMO ,

the whole Cruiserweight Dvision is underappreciated,

I mean the WWE has a great Cruiserweight talent Roster :Shannon Moore,Ultimo,Spanky,Nunzio , Paul London , Rey , Terjiri and Spike Dudley

plus , Tommy Dreamer can be great Change for the IC title. I mean that title has not have a real fude since it got back on RAW.

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2003, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Mattitude is great. In the ring he's excellent, he can heel out very very well, his mic skills have gone from borderline to superb, and he's also a student of wrestling. Mattitude is the only one of the tag teams that got broken up in The Split that has taken advantage of going to singles competition and thrived in doing so. That's obvious though, with the way that the Dudleys and the APA were put right back together again...

Also my independent vote for underused and underappreciated goes to Batista. If I'm Vinnie Mac and I'm looking at the younger talent on the roster, Batista is who I'm building around. Orton has come along very very nicely, but the potential of Batista and his ability to adapt and pick up the nuances of the business appears to be top notch. As it is, he just jobbed in what basically was a squash to a broken-legged Berg, and he's low man on the totem pole in Evolution (given the status of HHH and Flair that's understandable, but still...). It's still early and yes, he's still a little green but I'd throw Batista into the fire the same way they threw Brock in. However given Batista's size, I doubt Vince will keep him down much longer.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2003, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Glue I agree 100% with what you said, exspecially about Batista. I said in another post just recently that it is a mistake to make Batista have to job to Goldberg. The man in the long imo is a much better investment. He is already larger then Goldberg and is lightyears ahead on the mic, and with time this guy could be the crownin jewel. Pissed me off when a broken Bill made a fool out of HHH and Batista, it doesn even make sense.

See, look at Goldberg sell the HHH Pedigree

Last edited by Dre; 12 Nov 2003 at 08:38 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2003, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Quote:
only rule is, no Goldberg or HHH.....don't want it to be a hate thread
HHH....Your Soon To Be World Champ...LMAO....SAVED The WWE Countless Times...When Austin Was Too Busy Beatin' His Wife, HHH Kept RAW Up To Par....When ROCK Was Too Busy Makin' Movies, HHH Carried RAW... When Goldberg Came, He Saved Vince's Ass From Another Failure Like Steiner....HHH Is The MVP Of RAW, And Yet You HHHaters Never Show Appreciation To THE GAME

Side Note:

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2003, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^^i just didn't want it to become a hate thread, SLASHHH.....anyway, thanks for the replies, guys.....they used to push the cruiserweight, mid-card guys a lot more when the IC title meant something.....maybe there are too many belts floating around anymore......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2003, 12:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Hmmm let's see what I can come up with here....

Entire Cruiser division - Rey Mysterio, Tajiri, Ultimo Dragon, Kidman, Chavo (perhaps?), Jamie Noble, Nunzio, Shannon Moore, Spanky, and Paul London (is he a cruiser?) all are very underappreciated. Most of the guys listed put on tremendous matches everytime they perform. They could have sooooo many great feuds if they wanted to, but instead we get like 1 or 2 decent feuds. McMahon needs to realize that Cruisers are valuable, and not just filler material.

Matt Hardy - Since leaving his junky ass brother, he has flourished in more ways than one. He has become excellent on the mic, has improved his repertoire, improved how he works in the ring, and is just a better overall wrestler. He should be pushed hard, but that won't happen.

Benoit - Sure he main events sometimes (rarely), but he never gets the respect he should because of his size. He puts on the top notch matches and has intensity that could only be matched by that of a Kurt Angle or Brock Lesnar. Push him more Vince!!!!
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2003, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Sean O'Haire - I seen him at a house show and he blew me away. He demolish his opponent in minutes...even though it was Spanky! lol, his gimmick is a helluva lot better than his WCW days, and is it just me or does it look like he has added about 500 lbs of extra muscle since InVasion? He was a skinny wee runt then! His mic skills aren't too shabby and I think he would make a great contender to the US Championship.

Matt Hardy - Everyone else has stated my reasons.

La Resistance - I think their gimmic is one of the best currently happening, their mic skills are pretty decent and a rare thing in WWE...they can wrestle! Ditch Rob Conway though...