ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Title Belt credability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 2003, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Title Belt credability

Everybody bitched because Triple H held the belt for "too long"
Everybody bitched because Triple H beat everybody on the roster.
Everybody bitched because Triple H made people "look weak"

Now here's the facts.

Triple H restored credability to the belt.
Triple H...also known as The World Champion...beat everybody on the roster, he kinda has to beat everybody..it helped him to restore credability to the belt.
Triple H did not make anybody look weak, they merely helped to establish a credible champion so that someday when they hold the title it has actual meaning.

and Most Importantly...Triple H got everyone to bitch...he got everyone to hate him...he did his job.

He's a heel remember? You're supposed to hate him...it means he's doing his job well.

Smackdown is my preferred show...and Kurt Angle is my favorite wrestler. However I must acknowledge that the belt on SD is next to useless, the damn thing changes hands every other week, its bullshit.

Short Title reigns are stupid and pointless.
Yes there are a lot of people that deserve a shot at the belt. Thats why its the biggest prize in the industry. Everybody wants it, everybody works their entire career to earn a shot at it.Not everybody gets it tho. Doesn't seem fair? Tough. Its the way it works. People work their asses off to get it, when they finally get their shot it should mean something.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

but you know just as well as I do if it werent for shawns past political pushes and him seeing and now married to steph he would still be a midcarder...

You know it I know it and everybody here knows it. Because if your on the good side with vinceyour pretty much guaranteed to have a good amount of success
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kryptonite

imagine that...being on good terms with THE BOSS means you will be successful at YOUR JOB.

it works that way everywhere and in every job.
If you piss off the boss, why should he promote you?
if the boss likes you, then he's more likely to do good by you.

thats not backstage politics, thats knowing how the world works.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

thats bullshit and you know it. now ill admit if he stayed on the good side only he would have mild success but marrying his daughter will mean he will constantly and i do mean constantly in the title seat or hunt
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Oh no Kurt, not you too

The title is only worth as much as the champion that is holding it. If it were has prestigious as everyone likes to think HHH made it, then all would be bowing down to Berg. After all, he beat HHH when nobody else could. He now holds this prestigious belt. But that's not the case is it.

What HHH did was not elevate anybody. He didn't bring out the best in any of the other wrestlers. He didn't put anyone over. Instead he buried every single person he went up against. For fucks sake, he even went out and squashed the Hurricane for no fucking reason, cept it was a weak after Rock made him look like gold and put him back up front. But we can't have that in WWE. We can't have that with trips running around. What happens? Tripple H goes out and destroys a month's work just so he could. Just because that's what he want's. It's all about HHH. And that's just one example. He could've worked with Kane. He could've made him a real threat that he should be, instead of the dumb joke he became. Kane had all the heat in the world. He was saving RAW every week, but trips doesn't do anything for him and instead Kane ends up in a pointless RVD fued and beating up old ladies. We did get to see HHH fucking a dead corpse though. Oh boy.

But really, how I see it is, HHH doesn't have much left in the tank. He can't compete on the same level he used to. I see HHH cementing his legacy. He'll never be The Rock or Austin, because he's not that talented, but he can make political gains and manipulate the system to his advantage. After all, he learned from some of the best. Now he gets to look back on his career in 20 years and roll off a list of ppl he's beaten and say how great a legend he is and all that. He knows that his future isn't in the ring, it's in the front office. If there is an heir McMahon, it isn't Shane, it's Paul.

Anyway, the RAW belt is the second rate worthless peice of trash wcw crap thing that I don't even care about on a show I watch a whopping 10 mins of a week.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
imagine that...being on good terms with THE BOSS means you will be successful at YOUR JOB.

it works that way everywhere and in every job.
If you piss off the boss, why should he promote you?
if the boss likes you, then he's more likely to do good by you.

thats not backstage politics, thats knowing how the world works.
Normally when you fuck the bosses daughter though, you don't get to end up in charge of the company.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

twenty years from now, people will still remember Bret Hart, HBK, Ric Flair and Hogan......HHH won't even be worthy of a SIDE NOTE.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

lets have a look at it...........

Kurt you like "very VERY old-school" Wrestling , in witch a Champion holds the Title belt for years ( e.x."WWF Belt" Bob Backlund from 12/12/79 to 11/23/81 - Hulk Hogan from 01/23/84 to 02/05/88 - "NWA Belt" Lou Thesz from 11/27/49 to 03/15/56 - Dory Funk Jr 02/11/69 to 03/24/73 - Harley Race from 02/06/77 to 08/21/79 )

is that what you really want ???? an unbeatable Champion???

lets look at what your "God of the Ring" Criple H did on RAW:

he has beaten names like : Y2J , RVD , Kane , Nash , HBK , Booker T.

they all were at least main eventers , before turning in to Mid-carders

all that happened in the 9 months he held the Strap.

if any of those names is given a chanse to win the Belt all the fans would go : WHAT????? Didn't that guy lose to Criple H ???

Now on to SD!

the WWE Belt on Smack Down! has only 3 name plates " Kurt , Brock & Big Show" and the REAL Champion on that show was never given a Real chanse to run with the ball. Chris Benoit

thats my take on it , hey I could be wrong!

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 10 Nov 2003 at 03:43 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I had no problem with Levesque's 10 month title reign, he had the belt for that long cause there was nobody else on Raw that was championship material, The Rock and Austin were both out of action. Guy's like RVD, Steiner, Nash and Booker T should consider it a privlege that they got to work a PPV main event with the champ. The "people" dont hate Triple H cause he's a "heel" they hate him cause simply put, he's BORING and is one of the worst inring performer's cause of all his past injury's. Bottom line, Triple H doesnt entertain me.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

oh, yeah, there is a difference between heel heat, and fucking hatred. Go ask X-pussy about that one.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kryptonite

first off, I am not a member of TOWC:Triple H

I'm not a huge fan of his...tho I do respect the man, and what he accomplished.

He took a paper championship...I made up belt...and made everyone care about who got to hold it.

Badman..you want to talk to me about the bad aspects of an "Unbeatable Champion" first I need you to take the TOWC:Goldberg thing out of your sig so I can take you seriously. The man currently holding the belt is no better. NO ONE has ever had a match with Goldberg where they looked good. EVER.

Triple H has also beaten names like The Rock, Steve Austin are neither of those 2 acceptable champions because they have lost to Triple H?
Triple H has squashed Y2J..but yet Y2J beat Rock and Austin in the same night.

No one is less believable as a champion because of Triple H, now the damage Goldberg will do to title credability thru his botched spot, squash matches...thats a different story.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Raw's belt is worthless. All of the lineage and history were combined by Y2J and the REAL World Title is on Smackdown! Therefore, whoever holds that title is the REAL World Champion. Thank God there are actually some decent in-ring performers to compete for it on that show.

The belt Goldberg currently carries around is just that: a belt. NOT a championship. Sure, it looks nice, but means nothing, at least to me.

Trips did a good job carrying it when there were no other true contenders. Still aren't. What that title needs to be recognized as a real championship is competition. If Eric Bishoff come out and named your grandma the World Champion, and you beat her up for it, you could be champ. That doesn't make any sense, I know, but that's what happened when Trips was GIVEN the title to begin with, and when Goldberg beat him for it. It means nothing.

I don't know what I'm trying to say anymore....sorry....
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

just face it no one person is going to bring back the credibility of any belt the only way to do for a few monthes 3 4 5 maybe 6 7 then lose it to someone who could carry on the ratings and the draw, not hold it for 9 monthes or whatever, and only lose it so you can marry the bosses daughter and go film a movie and recover from one of your constant injuries that fuck up any interest in any match
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelFace
Raw's belt is worthless. All of the lineage and history were combined by Y2J and the REAL World Title is on Smackdown! Therefore, whoever holds that title is the REAL World Champion. Thank God there are actually some decent in-ring performers to compete for it on that show.

However the SD belt needs some lengthy title runs to give it some cred
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelFace
I don't know what I'm trying to say anymore....sorry....
Exactly, so quit running your mouth, flapping your gums.