ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

A Great Gimmick?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2003, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

thugenomics187 is on a distinguished road
Default A Great Gimmick?

I keep see all yall talking about how great of "Gimmick" Johm Cena has but I would have to disagree. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Cena mark but its the gimmick its him. How many other wrestlers have had the rap schtick and made it looked so damn corney. Too Cool, Rakishi, The Hip Hop Hippo, just to name a few. The gimmick is for sh*t but the man behind it is what makes it work. Just like some wrestlers can pull a good match of a crappy co-worker, some men can make a lousy gimmick into something special--i.e. Golddust. Please just stop refering to it as a great gimmick and just show your appreciation to the man who has to deal with it. Also who else do you think has made a horrible gimmick respectable.
thugenomics187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

What? When Cena showed up in his green shorts all shits and giggles, he was hated. He was lame and nobody cared about him. It wasn't untill he changed his "gimmick" and ran with it that he became a star and started to get over. Without his "gimmick" Cena would be nothing more than a big Maven. Without his "gimmick" he wouldn't have a routine to get the crowd into his matches and getting them to chant with him. His "gimmick" did incredible things for his career and he's made the most out of it. No doubt he's a great talent and can do a lot of things, but the biggest problem in prowrestling and getting over is developing a gimmick that allows all your strengths to be shown while hidding your weaknessess. Cena is awsome on the mic, so they give him a talking role. Cena does a lot of power and mat moves, so they build it into his Thug role. All these little things have come together in what was traditionally a stale and played out gimmick (rapper boy) to make it believable and respectable. From now on, anybody else that tries to do it is going to be a Cena Wannabe. Cena took the role and made it work better than anybody ever has before him. Don't even compare him or his gimmick to that fat fuck ape train. Cena has a great gimmick and that is what allows him to be the great talent he is.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

not to mention that Rakishi and Albert never had speaking roles with the rap they were just fat and wasting my time.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^*AGREES*

let's face it.....there are a lot of guys that are built like Cena, and some of them have wrestling ability as well.....what makes a person a great sports entertainer is the 'gimmick' they are given......would Hogan have been anything more than Big John Studd without "say your prayers and take your vitamins"?..... or Stone Cold without "that's the bottom line" could have been Savio Vega.....Cena caught a break with a gimmick that he is able to work well.....he works it well, but the gimmick has made him a favorite.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

thugenomics187 is on a distinguished road

What are you talking about? Big John Studd was the Poop!
thugenomics187 is offline   Reply With Quote