ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Am I the only one who would like to see...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Nov 2003, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Am I the only one who would like to see...

A tournament of unscripted matches

no predetermined winner

kind of a King of The Ring type set up
16 wreslters from both shows in a tournament to decide who's the best
who would win in a real match

You have a roster of many talented guys, who know each others limits.

Is there any of you who would like to see something like this?

I have heard that some of the WWE wrestlers occasionally do a regular wrestling match just to see who's better.

anyways...would you like to see this? if so, who would you like to see doing this?
Old 03 Nov 2003, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

if you want to see that

watch Pro-Boxing or UFC

plus the WWE already did something like that back in the 90's (97 , 98 , 99 I am not sure) , I think it was called "Brawl For All"

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kryptonite

even if it were done before I would like to see it again

I think it would be fucking cool
Old 03 Nov 2003, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

the brawl was a disaster. It ruined careers. I just don't trust unwritten matches. It's hard enough to get them to do what they're supposed to do without fucking it up, if they let them try to improv the whole thing it'd be really questionable as to how it turns out. Yeah, Angle, Jericho, Benoit(yes even benoit) and a couple others could pull it off, but sloppy ass bitches like RVD wouldn't even know where to begin.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

i agree with exo.....brawl for all was interesting, but the wrestlers aren't prepared for the different type of brutality that type of thing brings.....besides, the contestants that lost their matches also lost a lot of credibility in the fans eyes......anybody know what Bart Gunn is doing these days.....how about Steve Williams?.....they were the two finalists in brawl for all, if my memory serves me correctly......turning some of these guys loose would be scary for some of the competitors, imo.....imagine if an angry Big Show got ahold of a cruiserweight?.....wouldn't be pretty.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I would rather see a UFC special edition: wwe, where none of it was sanction by WWE but UFC, that would be nice to see how big of pussy's certain wrestlers are
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I would love to see it, but it will never happen. They won't take the chance of having a jobber beat a main eventer.(i.e. Maven pinning Goldberg)

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA Kurt, slow down before all that blood in your head makes you pass out.

This is quite a stupid idea if you ask me, The Wrestlers are gonna have to put on a show where the wrestlers have to decide who wins while the match is going....Bloopers Glore, And what about the Decision of double crossing, Say RVD says to Test alright you stay down and I 5 star you and just before he hits it Test moves, RVD gets up and Test Kicks RVD's face off. People could get really hurt here and backstage brawls could happen.

And just imagine what will happen for the Finals?
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 08:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado
Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA Kurt, slow down before all that blood in your head makes you pass out.

This is quite a stupid idea if you ask me, The Wrestlers are gonna have to put on a show where the wrestlers have to decide who wins while the match is going....Bloopers Glore, And what about the Decision of double crossing, Say RVD says to Test alright you stay down and I 5 star you and just before he hits it Test moves, RVD gets up and Test Kicks RVD's face off. People could get really hurt here and backstage brawls could happen.

And just imagine what will happen for the Finals?
so its a bad idea because spot wrestlers would be thrashed?
its a bad idea because people with no real ability would get demolished??

I dont mean for everybody in the WWE to get involved
only some

like Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar, Shleton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, Scott Steiner, they all have REAL WRESTLING backgrounds

Some come from Martial Arts backgrounds
Some come from strong man contests

Many different wrestlers have many different backgrounds

Remember Shamrock and Blackman? I would NEVER ever want to get htose men angry
same goes for many others

Use some common sense Desperado..this would not be a match for all
some would be simply destroyed

People who rely on spots like the 5 star Frog Splash to win a streetfight are just plain stupid

HAve you ever been in a wrestling match Desperado? REAL WRESTLING not PRO WRESTLING...In REAL WRESTLING you do not discuss your strategy with your opponent prematch.
I said I would like to see some REAL UNSCRIPTED matches.

There is a very big difference...I hope in the future you will be good enough to recognize it
Old 03 Nov 2003, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I would love to see it, but it will never happen. They won't take the chance of having a jobber beat a main eventer.(i.e. Maven pinning Goldberg)
that would make it even better IMO
Old 03 Nov 2003, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I think a real technical wrestling tournament would be great... I mean look at the roster you could come up with....

Kurt Angle
Brock Lesnar
Chris Benoit
Shelton Benjamin
Charlie Haas
Scott Steiner

Possibly:

Y2J and Ultimo Dragon

I'd watch...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 01:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

I have got a long time wanted to see something similar but I say something like they are given a set time limit and everything else is left up to them
Old 04 Nov 2003, 07:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Bad idea. Unscripted matches=crappy matches. Having scripted matches keep the flow going. I would be afraid in an unscripted match, Kurt Angle might go for a clothesline while his opponent goes for a dropkick, and both get seriously injured. At least with scripted matches, they have some idea as to what will happen during a match.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 10:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

He kinda means a shootfight people. You don't use clotheslines or dropkicks in a shootfight. It's more martial arts and grappling than anything. I think it would be pretty cool to watch them really go at it in a non scripted match for just once.
Old 04 Nov 2003, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Well, the guys from a amatuer wrestling background could pull it off, but imo, amatuer wrestling is kinda boring. I'd like to have seen the Jericho/Berg brawl, and I remember hearing Angle/Lesnar having a shoot wrestling match a while back. Angle won btw.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote