ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The U.S. Title "something to talk about"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Oct 2003, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road
Default The U.S. Title "something to talk about"

The United States Heavyweight Title has a long history

starting in 1975 , The NWA "NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE" held a tournament to name the 1st NWA United States Champion. Harley Race defeated Johnny Weaver in the tournament finals. and the list of names that fallowed Mr.Race , as NWA U.S. Champions , are the likes of : Terry Funk , Blackjack Mulligan , Bobo Brazil , Ric Flair , Rick Steamboat , Jimmy Snuka , Roddy Piper , Wahoo McDaniel , Sergeant Slaughter , Greg Valentine , Magnum T.A. , Nikita Koloff , Dusty Rhodes , Barry Windham , Michael Hayes , Lex Luger.

but on 01/01/91 , when WCW "World Championship Wrestling" became a separate entity from the NWA , Lex Luger was then the champion and thus carried over to the WCW as the first WCW United States Champion. In WCW the U.S. Title had something extra , the U.S. Champion in WCW is automaticlly the #1 Contender for the WCW World Title.
and the list of names that fallowed Lex Luger , as WCW U.S. Champions , are the likes of : Sting , Rick Rude , Dustin Rhodes , Steve Austin , Ricky Steamboat , Vader , Konnan , Ric Flair , Eddie Guerrero , Dean Malenko , Jeff Jarrett , Curt Hennig , Diamond Dallas Page , Raven , Goldberg , Bret Hart , Roddy Piper , Scott Hall , Scott Steiner , Chris Benoit , Sid Vicious , Lance Storm , Terry Funk , Shane Douglas , Rick Steiner , Booker T.

even though , on 03/2001 the WWF "World Wrestling Federation" bought WCW , the U.S. Championship was still named "WCW US Championship Title" , Booker T was the last US Champion when WWF bought WCW , and there was a list of names that fallowed Booker T , as WCW U.S. Champions , in the WWF are the likes of : Kanyon , Tajiri , Rhyno , Kurt Angle , Edge.

The WCW United States Heavyweight Title was unified with the WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title on 11/18/2001 at the Survivor Series in Greensboro, NC (Greensboro Coliseum) when Edge defeated Test in a unification match according to the storyline, World Championship Wrestling was forced out of business when the WCW Team lost a Winner-Take-All Elimination match to the WWF Team on the same program.

But on 07/27/2003 the Title was later revived by WWE as the WWE United States Heavyweight Title. Eddie Guerrero was the 1st WWE U.S. Champion. Then on 10/19/2003 The Big Show won the Title , naming himself as the 2nd U.S. Champion in the WWE.

so new wrestling fans ,that was just a little story about The United States Heavyweight Title
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nwa us.jpg (62.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg wcw us deluxe_030.jpg (26.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg wwe us_010.jpg (22.2 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 31 Oct 2003 at 03:11 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2003, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

excellent post, Badman......i miss the good old days of people like Sting and Lex Luger, when championship belts meant something, and you were shocked when the champion lost his belt......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2003, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
excellent post, Badman......i miss the good old days of people like Sting and Lex Luger, when championship belts meant something, and you were shocked when the champion lost his belt......
took the words out of my mouth.
Nice threed Badman
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2003, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I think the Big show will give that title some credability, I dont se him losing it for month's.

Sidenote: this belt is to fucking small.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

hopefully big show will make it a big deal when he loses the title unlike in recent past of wwe and their title changes. i see a Brock and Show fued brewing on the back burner pretty soon, its gonna come down to #1 contender type shit champ v champ
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2003, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Great thread Badman! Ah, the memories...

I only wish that titles actually meant something these days...
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2003, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

What a Belt, Thanx for the memories Badman
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2003, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Butcher is on a distinguished road

Yeah the U.S title has been a big title for many years and some of the greatest wrestlers have held the belt and back then the title had alot more class and meant whole lot more then it means and the same goes for all the other titles in wrestling. Some of the biggest names held the title like: Vader,Ric Flair,Lex Luger
Sting,Steve Austin,Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the names go on and on so I am happy it's back but there was nothing like the good old days when the title was on the line and the stars back then could wrestle over an hour and it was never boring.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2003, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Second Rate Belt From A Second Rate Organization

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 06:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

thanx guys , I am happy that you all enjoyed it as much as enjoyed doing it.

But as for SLASHHH , if your boy Criple H has ever won this belt you would NOT be saying what you just did.

side note :Harley Race , Ric Flair , Ricky Steamboat , Hulk Hogan , Curt Hennig & Steve Austin are the True Wrestling Legends , I do NOT see Criple H's name in that catagory???? LOL

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 03 Nov 2003 at 06:52 AM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2003, 10:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Thanks for the histroy lession man...