ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Who better than Goldberg to wear the belt....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2003, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Who better than Goldberg to wear the belt....

okay, i've stood by long enough and watched as you guys have bashed Goldberg......before the forums went down we had a good thread about HHH vs Goldberg and who was better, etc.....at least there were arguments there.....now all that seems to be happening is he gets called boring, worthless, slow, whatever.....answer me this one question.....who is the one that deserves the championship belt if he doesn't?.....Truthhh, I know you will say HHH, but why?.....does he deserve the championship belt again, already?......no, imo, but my opinion isn't why i started this thread.....what makes anyone worthy of the championship more than Goldberg?.....you guys all watched Raw last night and heard the Goldberg chants start up.....he's obviously over with the crowd.....he's over with the wrestling fan that doesn't go on the internet to find out the match results before the show, that doesn't care about everything being scripted.....the wrestling fan that doesn't know about the backstage politics.....and those are the wrestling fans that make up 99% of the fans out there.....who is more able to carry the strap and give the fans what they want than Goldberg.....and don't just reply with Jericho, or RVD.....give an argument as to why your guy deserves it.....is he able to be what the fans want in a champion?.....is he able to bring the casual fan in to watch?.....Goldberg does these things....HBK did these things.....Bret Hart did these things.....Hogan did these things.....call them sloppy, spot freaks or whatever, but the background of wrestling has always relied upon the casual fan getting interested in watching someone.....3H provided this for a while, but i have been following chat rooms, other forums, even just talking to people in my area just to find out if he is what they want to see in a champion right now.....the resounding answer is no......so, back to my original question.....if not Goldberg, who?, and why?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

an epileptic chimpanzee with a learnig disorder and irritable bowel syndrome
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Goldberg is just lazy in the ring, plain and simple. Its one thing to not have any skills but still come out intense and properly execute the skills you do have. He doesn't even do that.

If he would atleast come out and properly do his moves then he would maybe get some more respect, but it is HIS laziness that is stopping him.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle

fdomclshicd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

the thread isn't to find out what's wrong with Goldberg, but to find out why someone other than Goldberg deserves to wear the belt......

Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
fdomclshicd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

the thread isn't to find out what's wrong with Goldberg, but to find out why someone other than Goldberg deserves to wear the belt......
oh..sorry

give it to the epileptic chimpanzee with a learning disorder and irritable bowel syndrome because Goldbergs sucks

let him go back to what he does best...servicing Japanese business men, both orally and anally, in dark alleys behind karaoke bars
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

oh my God ,

you Goldberg bashers can not see anything but Da Man's name.

my TOWC: GOLDBERG buddy "oeo" asked a simple question :
Quote:
who is the one that deserves the championship belt if Goldberg doesn't?
and then at the end he asked again :
Quote:
back to my original question.....if not Goldberg, who?, and why?.....
now this is what the main Goldberg "bashing team" member Kurt Angle said :
Quote:
??????? and you are the that suppose to post a long list of RAW superstars Who are better than Da MAN "in your own mind"?????????????

oeo , bro , I know as well as you know , there is no one on both RAW or Smack Down! who deserves the championship belt more than Da MAN Goldberg himself.

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Kurt, i was laughing at what you said about the chimpanzee.....but i was also being serious.....who else deserves it?....and why?.....

side note: thanks, Badman.....appreciate the support from TOWC: GOLDBERG.....

Last edited by Oeo; 28 Oct 2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Who and why?! Ok...

HBK and Flair both deserve the title more then Goldberg. They are both LEGENDS, they both have tremendous mic skills, ring ability, and that presence that makes you want to watch them.

HHH is another that deserves the title over Goldberg. While he did hold it for a long time already he still has the presence and mic skills that make a champion. His ring ability hasn't been as good as it used to be lately but that'll happen as you work through injuries. The sign of a REAL champion.

Simple as this, Goldberg is a lazy good for nothing paper champion at best.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Chris Jericho.

Goldberg doesn't understand the simple device shaped like a cylinder with a ball on top: a microphone. Jericho, on the other hand does. Y2J also is the perfect mixture of cruiserweight and heavyweight and has The Rock's charm and charisma, RVD's speed, and Kurt Angle's wrestling ability (not the smae style of course) and Ric Flair's prescence. This guy should be riding the top (and Stephanie) but 'The Jobber Killer' Triple H forbids it.

End of story.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 01:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

HBK.....great mic skills and great in ring ability, I have to agree....i am after all an HBK mark....but he does not work enough shows to carry the strap, and he is spending his days now working with the younger wrestlers and trying to put them over....ie Randy Orton.....

Ric Flair.....i hold him in the highest regard possible as a wrestler and entertainer, but the argument that he should hold the strap would hold more water if this were 1993, not 2003.....he can still put on the occasional great match, but he is just not physically capable of carrying the company......he is in the best possible role for him now......

next?

Old 28 Oct 2003, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

^Well, I was next lol
Old 28 Oct 2003, 01:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Chris Jericho.....great mic skills and in ring ability.....became lazy over the six months to a year and his in ring performance lacked because of it.....(ask Truthhh).....he will have to spend more time rebuilding his character after it was squashed. First by HHH, and then he did a good job of helping put Goldberg over.....but his character is not ready to be put up for a world title right now, he is better served in the IC title race for now......

i was getting to you, knuckles.....lol

next?....

Old 28 Oct 2003, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

The question should be what ring veteran on Raw shouldn't be champion over Goldberg. And me personal don't think that there are too many maineventers that shouuldn't be above Bill Goldberg.

Scott Steiner- I don't even think that he wrestlers up to his old self like I said in another threed, however even with his bad back and steriod abused body he can still wretsle in-ring better then Goldberg. He stil knows how to wrestle he can preform a well versed amount of suplex's as well as other quaility amautur wrestling moves. With his new gimmick turning to a heel (like it should have always been) it would be good to have a truly hated world champ. The only thing he would need to do is get a strong gimmick and great developement and Steiner would be able to preform as world champ much better in the ring and on the mic then him.

Booker T- The simple stratagy for Booker is for the WWE to let him wrestle like he use to wrestle in WCW. Booker T is a well versed wrestler who can wrestle on the mat, brawl outside the ring, and the ability to use the top rope as a great weapon (missle dropkick, Houston Hangover, Frankinstiener....). The thing about Booker is he's a smart man with good charecter, he could go either way as a heel or a face and he would still make a good champ. He needs a solid gimmick however and that isn't his fault. He also needs a great fued to get him back in the spotlight. Since his wrestling skills as well as his mic skills are good he would have no problem being a good world champ, he just needs the writing to be solid and not crappy like in WCW or with some parts of his career in the WWE.

HHH- What can i say that havn't said about the man already time after time. HHH is one of the best champs in recent WWE history, he is the reason the belt that Goldberg is wearing now has any type of credibilty. If anyone has forgot WWE allowed about 6 guys to hold the belt in one years time. That alone makes the belt look crappy for it to be passed around so many times. HHH holding the title for the spand that he did made it so that it was a big deal when he did lose it. HHH played his heel gimmick so well HHHaters were convinced that it was Hunter himself who was runnning the company; thats how much they hated him and the fact that he held the title. He was a great heel, so great that he had a cult following of people (like myself) who were always his fans way before he was World champ. He played the role perfectly and proved that he was a good champion. Just like Steiner the increase in his mass has made his wrestling ability go down a little bit, but other then that HHH is great on the mic and still upholds himself inside of the ring. The man is the head man in a main stable and would be pefect for a world champion.

Y2J- Jericho is a classy wrestler in his own right. I have alwasy been a fan dating back to his Lionheart days in ECW.....Jericho is truly someone who has put in his dues. From Japan to Canada he has entertain fans, with his high flyin aggressive mat wrestling style. Ever since coming over to WWE he has been waterd down, but he still can get a responce from a crowd he plays a good heel. His mic skills are on point and his wrestling talent is beyond anyones thus far aside of Steiner. He needs good writting also and then there would be no problem, he speaks in the ring just as loud as he does out of it.

Those are just 4 men right there that come to mind that are better then Goldberg, Bill can't use a mic he can't execute more then 6 moves 1 being a mule kick, 1 being a powerslam, 1 being a spear, 1 being a move he stole from Dean Malenko.....he only has 2 moves left and 1 is a punch. You see how one dimesinal Goldberg is, he is like the mordern day Hercules from the Heenan Family. He should have a chain around his neck and be a mid carder at best, he has no true positive contribution to wrestling, except to lower the bar on ring and mic ability.

There are some people who I think that Goldberg should be ahead of: Kane, Test, and RVD

Last edited by Dre; 28 Oct 2003 at 03:02 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

i already argued the Jericho point, but you make a few valid points about him......but to the casual wrestling fan, he has been pushed the other way, so he has to stay in the mid-card, IC area for a while......

Scott Steiner.....he was originally misused by the WWE (see Slashhh's thread, which was excellent, about Steiner) and now has gone through the shame of having a feud with Test for Stacy.....he is back on the right track with this heel turn, but it is going to take a while for him to come back and be a contender, if for no other reason than the new gimmick will take a while to get over and he was squashed so badly by HHH.....

Booker T is a terrific example.......except, he has been cast as being only good enough to feud with Christian and then they didn't allow him to carry the strap....being hurt didn't help him.....neither did HHH help him with the squash at WM19......the Survivor Series should help him regain some credibility as a player for a belt, but he is a face and Goldberg is a face......neither are even a 'tweener, so one would have to turn before a match could even exist......remember, the fans have a short memory when you turn face to heel or vice versa, but they have a long memory of losing badly......that's why none of these three could be considered for the belt without some major rebuilding of their characters......

3H McMahon.....that's why he and Goldberg are in the next main event, because 3H is credible as the champion, and he is a great heel character (can't believe i'm writing this).....the only real argument against 3H is that the fans are sick of him being the champion......imo he will be better served doing some of the things that 'Taker has done by working with some of the younger guys, keeping his heat while helping put over the Mavens of the WWE......then come back into the title picture after a year or so......maybe this face turn that has been rumored would allow him to come back as that type of a champion.......regardless, he is a credible person to hold the belt at this time......I just don't want him to......

side note: posts like this one are exactly why I made this thread.....great post Dre.....

Last edited by Oeo; 28 Oct 2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Yeah Jericho has been pushed the other way to mid-carder, but that is because of the writing. I think if the storyline was strong then he would be a much better champ then Goldberg. Jericho doesn't really have a strong stroyline right now, and that may have something to do with his backstage attitude or something else, but if there were good writers in the back then they would diffently be able to make Jericho a successful champ.
Steiner I think like oeo said will take a little more time to be a good champ, and then once he makes his next run for it, it could be his last run.

Booker I think is the best example of a guy who has been held down by just plain poor writting. We all know that he shouldn't be fueding with Christian, that should be a simple win, they arn't even in the same catagory. Him getting hurt was a draw back, but upon his return they should have pushed him through the roof, let him wrestle his kind of match, he is truly great in the ring if he is allowed to. Soon and I think soon he needs to be wearing that title before his time has completly passed him (it is already starting)

I don't think Goldberg should be champ because he doesn't preoform like one he is not respectable like one and most of all he really isn't one. He is self-center cheap hype with music that chants his last name in the song.

side note: Its good threeds like this that allow me to post so well, keep 'em coming oeo
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote