ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Smackdown 10/23

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2003, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Smackdown 10/23

THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER TO BE ANNOUNCED
Oct. 23, 2003

Tonight will be a SmackDown! of historic proportions as a new era will begin. Mr. McMahon’s victory at No Mercy over Stephanie McMahon means there is currently a vacancy for SmackDown! General Manager. That vacancy is not set to last for long as there will be an announcement tonight as to who will be the next GM. Will it be Sable? Will Mr. McMahon take the position himself? Could it be an unexpected surprise to occupy this new role? The answer comes on SmackDown!

Also on SmackDown!, just four days after losing the U.S. Title to the Big Show at No Mercy, Eddie Guerrero has to rebound to help Los Guerreros defend the WWE Tag Team Championship against the Self-Proclaimed World’s Greatest Tag Team. Benjamin and Haas are seeking revenge on the team they lost the titles to and have a golden opportunity for yet another run atop the tag team mountain.

Speaking of revenge, will the Undertaker have revenge on his mind after Mr. McMahon cost him his match against Brock Lesnar at No Mercy? Taker, Lesnar, and Mr. McMahon will be in the building at SmackDown!, and that can lead to an explosive situation. Find out how the Undertaker handles the fallout from No Mercy!

Also in action, Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit face John Cena & A-Train; and Zach Gowen squares off with Tajiri in Gowen’s first match since scoring his first singles win as a contracted SmackDown! Superstar at No Mercy.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2003, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

LMAO @ Brock breakin' that jobber's neck, but DAMN. I actually think this could go somewhere. Holly has enough heat from that whole TE3 incident, plus this believable story they got goin'. Damn Sparkplug actually has me hyped.

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Ha I'm loving it! I can't wait to see Taker kick Vince's ass
As for Holly,well I hope Matt comes in and busts him up real good!

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2003, 01:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I think it might have been a bad Idea for Brock and Big Show (the Two biggest men in the WWE) to be single handedly beatin not once, not twice, but 3 times straight in one night by a man pushing 40. Doesn't exactly make SD itself look good, It had to be one of the more retarded moves possable.

On a side note I will be looking forward to this Holly/Brock fued that might be a good one.

All and all SD was kinda good, i think a lot of the match's were stupid -Haas & Benjimen losing to Rakishi and Taylor (wtf)

Los Geurrero's losing the belts to who?

Brock and Big Show losing thrice to Taker (wtf)

Angle and Benoit doing the same ass old thing they were doing exactly a year ago

at least the wrestling was good for the most part I guess

Last edited by Dre; 24 Oct 2003 at 02:45 AM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2003, 02:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

as long as Holly's return doesnt signal the return of Crash I'll be OK

It was a pretty solid SD...tho the Bashams continue to not impress me
Old 24 Oct 2003, 02:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Angle vs Benoit should only be used for a # 1 contenders match. This is the rumored SD main event for the Title at mania. They shouldn't work with eachother until that program begins. They do this feud atleast once a year. Eventhough the matches are brilliant, the story becomes redundant and forgettable leading in to the matches.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 03:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR(UTH)IPLE H
Angle vs Benoit should only be used for a # 1 contenders match. This is the rumored SD main event for the Title at mania. They shouldn't work with eachother until that program begins. They do this feud atleast once a year. Eventhough the matches are brilliant, the story becomes redundant and forgettable leading in to the matches.
this could be the story that leads to Benoits heel turn setting up for the Benoit Angle Match

tho I am kinda tired of feuds begining because of accidental chair shots

there are other ways to turn a wrestler heel
Old 24 Oct 2003, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

I agree, Kurt, that there are other (better) ways to turn a wrestler heel. But Benoit didn't come off looking like the heel last night, but rather looking like a face who's partner went nuts over a mistake. If anything, Kurt (not you, the other one) came off looking heel.

With a long-standing rivalry such as this one, you don't really need to turn anyone. I agree that Benoit makes a great heel, but I want the crowd behind him. Angle and Benoit, along with Eddie, are the best that SD! has to offer, and I like seeing them pushed.

Totally agree that this should be used as a no.1 contender's match for Survivor Series, and that's likely where we're headed. Pick Benoit to give Lesnar a new chew-toy.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2003, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I thought Smackdown was great
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote