ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Stables

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2003, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Stables

Yeah this thread has probably been done a hundred times before but..what happened to stables?

you've got Evolution and thats pretty much it

Wrestling was damn good during the days of The Hart Foundation, The Ministry, The Coorporation, DX, The Nation etc etc

toward the end of them it got kind of ridiculous with the Coorporate Ministry

everyonce in a while it looks to me, that Vince has got the makings of a New Coorporation.

I would like to see stables return,where do the rest of you stand?

I think Evolution is doing exceptionally well, they jusnt need a nother team to feud with
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

*****SPOILERS****Dahdahdah*****Spoilers******

Well, on SD theyve got this Jap. mafia stuff coming up, and Vince is starting to gather his minions: Brock, Big Shit.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

stables were once the 'staple' of wrestling....very rarely did someone stand alone that didn't carry the belt. I agree with Kurt.....Evolution needs someone to feud with. I thought Teddy Long was going to do some of that, but he can't even build a good tag team. I think a good face team would include HBK as the vet, maybe RVD as the title bearer and Dudleys as the tag team. Then, heel team of with tag team of La resistance, and maybe Longs boys as singles or enforcers. Evolution would then be the 'tweeners, with Maven and Orton as the tag team, Flair (obviously) the vet and Batista the enforcer.....would love to see some stables back together.

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

I agree, I think we need more stables. I am not sure with who yet.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i like what oeo said. & i would love to see some more stables. such as:

HBK leading Maven, Jindrak, & Cade
or
Vince leading Brock, Show, & Train
or

*****SPOILER*****

Tajiri/Yang/Kidman(turns heel)/& That other dude on SD could feud
with Mysterio/Funaki/Ultimo/Noble
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

SpiritK9 is on a distinguished road

Stables were more stable (no pun!) when they had more qualified "managers". But name a qualified manager these days other than Heyman earlier this year.

Wrestlers change allegiances so damn much that it's hard to define a stable anyway. How long is Evolution going to last anyway?
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Bring back Ted DiBiase and the Million Dollar Corporation, the original Corporation. With them, bring back Harvey Wippleman, Jim Corronette, and Jimmy Hart.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Thats not the way the WWE runs things anymore. They prefer the loose alliances that can end up with one or more members turning on the other. They are so much into the shock factor that other than Evolution, they don't feel that taking the time to establish long standing stables is worth it.(which IMO is stupid, because why create one stable w/o another one to fued with?)

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Hey Tombstone, what part of Louisiana are you from?

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2003, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

RAW stables :

1-Evolution "HHH , Ric Flair , Randy Ortan & Batisa"

2-La Resistance "Rene Dupre , Rob Conway & Sylvan Granier"

3-The Dudley Boyz "Bubba , D-Von & Spike"

4-The Playa's Club "RODNEY MACK , MARK HENRY , JAZZ & THEODORE LONG"

5-Mark Jindrak , Garisson Cade & Maven.

Smack Down stables:

1-F.B.I. "NUNZIO , JOHNNY STAMBOLI & CHUCK PALUMBO"

2-Jap'Mafia (or what ever they are going to call it)

3-The BASHAM's "DOUG BASHAM , DANNY BASHAM & SHANIQUA"

but the problem is not there is no stables ,
the problem is they are not fudeing with each other.

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2003, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

sorry badman.....a tag team does not a stable make....

Dudleyz....tag team
Cade and Jindrak...tag team
la french idiots....tag team
bashams....tag team

two people and a manager are just a tag team....teddy long has the makings of a stable, but needs to add a couple of others to it. Maven isn't really with Cade and Jindrak, so they can't be considered a stable either....

Evolution is the only "real" stable Raw has right now.....I haven't seen "jap'mafia" (can't get UPN)....FBI has the makings, for sure....hate to disagree with a fellow TOWC: Goldberg member, but I do on this one....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2003, 01:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

oeo is right, those guys are tagteams...right now there are only a few definete stables..
Evouiton-no question there..
The Playa's Club-just need to get eveyone off the injury list..(Jazz being one of em)
FBI-also an upand coming stable but need to feued with another established stable, plus they need at least one more member..3person stables to me don't seem big enough..they need the minumin of 4 members at least. max 5 to 6, but NO MORE..just look what happend to nWo weh it got too big.
Yeah but stables are the way to go...I always loved them..
Hmmm..Jap'Mafia?? aka the Yakusza!!
Old 21 Oct 2003, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

my bad,

but I still say :La Resistance "Rene Dupre , Rob Conway & Sylvan Granier" can be a stable.

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2003, 08:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Drug Lord

Tombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock's

On RAW we have and might see:-

1. Evolution (HHH, Flair, Leviathan, Orton) - Heel
2. La Resistance (Grenier, Dupree, Conway) - Heel
3. The Maple Leaf (Jericho, Christian, Test, Storm, Trish) - Face
4. The Black Markets - (Teddy Long, Henry, Mack, Maven, Jazz) - Heel
5. The Washed-ups - (Austin, Big Papa Diesel, Steiner)

On Smackdown we have and might see:-
1. F.B.I. (Nunzio, Palumbo, Bull) - Heel
2. Japanese Mafia (those japs) - Heel
3. Mattitude (Hardy, Moore, Funaki, Gowen) - Face
4. The Corporate Death - (Vince, Brock, Wight, Cena, Edge) - Heel

Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Kryptonite

IMO it tkaes more than 3 people to be a stable
a stable should have atleast 4