ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

No Mercy Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default No Mercy Thread

You guys and your lack of a No Mercy discussion thread makes me sad

I'd have made one earlier but I boycotted due to Steph vs Vince being a retarded ass waste of 35 bucks

so please use this as your discussion thread...go on....discuss
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I loved Benoits Tribute sharpshooter. The best match was Rey VS Tajiri. Main event defied the laws O' physics by blowing and sucking at the same time.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kryptonite

what was the main event ?
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Taker VS Lesnar shit gimmick match.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

another Good quality opening video package.

Tajiri And Rey Was Great.
Benoit Ansd train Was better than i thought.
Zach got a win, Who truly cares?
Bashams and Sha-Boobjob Win, Whoppedoo!
Steph+Vince= BORING, BORING, BOOOOOOORRRRRRRING!
Angle and Cena was the MOTN, Match of the Night!
The Only Match i had wrong Was Show abd Eddie, Oh Well.
And Brock vs taker in another Cream of the crap match!

i give NM a 3 out of 5, Decent Card, with its's Healthy dose of Bullplop!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

^^I must admit that I was surprised by Hair-Train.

IMO Angle VS Cena was only ***
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I was pretty much expecting it to be crap

only match I gave a damn about was Angle vs Cena

too many gimmick/crap matches
Taker/Lesnar---Goddam I hate this fake Taker
Vince/Steph----Who gives a flying fuck
Version 1.0/Gowen-----What did Matt Hardy do to deserve this?
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Do you people know anything about wrestling? This forum is becoming...Ahhh Fuck it,. here is my review.

Tajiri vs Rey Rey ....Was a brilliant opener, and almost stole the show. The arm work Tajiri did on Rey wqs awsome, the only problem was Rey didn't sell it at the very end, so it lead to nothing. But all Tajiri's wicked Psychology and brutal Stiff kicks vs Rey Rey's Spot based Style (The only Spot Style that makes sense in wrestling, seeing as Rey tells a story with his Spots, and he builds in to them with excellence). This match all in all, was A Motnc...It could've went on about 5 minutes longer, but i'm npt complaining. The WWE cruisers are about to blow out the Failing X division in Trashville....This match gets a cool ***1/2

Chris Benoit vs Ape-Train...1st off to appreciate this match, you have to understand the term "CARRYING" (Because God knows that word gets used without substance on this board waaaaay to much). To carry a opponent, you must 1st be skilled enough to control a match. You must also know your opponents shortcomings and his strengths. You must know how to hide his weakness and expose his talent (Which we all know Albert is short in...but he tries...I guess). You See Albert is your typical Hosser(Big and nothing else). He's your typical Overweight mid-carder who's wrestling style can be chalked up as The "Me Punch! Me Kick! Me Slam! Me Growl! Me Snarl! Me out of Wind in 7 minutes'! Me Slower then A Elephant on Prozac!" Style AKA (What I like to call in lamen terms) The Goldberg Style.

So you See, For Benoit to make this match anything watchable would be a chore. To make it passable to decent would be a works of a Miracle.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen...Benoit is our very own WWE "Miracle Man". Benoit knew he couldn't expose the Albert in a wrestling match, it would had been a travesty. He knew he couldn't move too fast, it would've been a Disaster equivilent to the Jericho vs Goldberg match at Bad Blood (We all know how that match fell apart.lol). Benoit also couldn't move too slow, because it would've become a snoozefest equivalent to The Rock vs Goldberg match at Backlash (Remember how slow Rock had to work to try to put Goldberg over lol).

Benoit had to work a nice pace so he could be crisp, and not Blow Up Albert in 5 minutes. So in a work of genius Benoit starts to brawl with The Animal. He let Ape punch him around like a rag doll, so it could come off as Albert was a Dominating Big Guy. See, Because you know, thats his character and stuff? Benoit sells the beating superbly. He then lets Albert contiinue to OVER power him, (It goes back to that whole "Playing to your weak opponent strength" thing, I was talking about earlier).

He even lets Albert get in some "counter wrestling" (A-Train countered Benoit's German Suplexes, with one of his own and stuff...It was a terrible German Suplex, I might add..Well I did add.). It still played to this "Power" character A traing's got going. So now we're at the token steel chair Spot. A-Train botched a Press Slam that sent Benoit head 1st in to a chair (You know we can't have a A Train match without one fuck up. You know?) Benoit in a another stroke of brilliance, turns the botched move in to a hell of a bump, that looked liked it flowed with the match, to the naked eye...Only a true SMARK (Like myself) could know it was blatant sloppiness on The A "6 years but still greenier then a power plant worker" Train's part, but Benoit still made it work.

So after making A Train look a tad bit legit, BOOM~! Benoit kicks it up a notch, he busted out a ddt. That A Train couldn't sell. Then he moved in to the Rolling Germans~! He signals for the Head Butt~! A-Train stops him, and slams him from the top Rope.He then signals for a top rope move himself, but thinks better of it, and goes for the Derailer (Thank god...A-Train on the top rope can only spell doom.). Benoit then (after being thrown in to the ropes). reverses a knee smash to the stomach from A-Train in to, a Rollup, in to a Crippler's Cross Face~! A-Trains then Powers him in to the corner (Where A-Train had placed a Chair earlier)...And goes for a "Power" kick, which misses, and hits the chair. Benoit then hits a sweet Dragon Screw Legwhip in to a SHARPSHOOTER~! For the TAP OUT VICTORY~! Over Ape Train.

That was a ***match...Thanks to Benoit's ***** performance.

Now Thats how you carry a match folks...Everybody comes out looking good.

Matt Hardy vs Zach Gowan. * Matt put over Zach. He loses no heat because of it. Good filler match

APA VS Basham Brothers...Another good Filler match worth about ** Bashman Brothers win.

Vince Mcmahon vs Stephanie Mcmahon...This match was very entertaining. It served it's purpose, and it was a good way to send Stephanie off for a break...**1/2 I see a Bigger picture with this whole storyline.

John Cena vs Kurt Angle...1st off this feud in no way compares with Hart vs Stonecold's feud, as most Smarks would like to believe. Thats not a diss to either of these great grapplers. I'll just chalk the whole comparison up to Smarks being to dame ungrateful, and setting to high a bar, and ungodly pedestal, because they're trying to be to fucking hard to please.

This feud is being built in to a great story itself. This match was a great Jump off, for many more great battles to come from these two.

Cena cut a hilarious Rap on Angle, that needs to be heard to be appreciated...He ended with telling Angle to get off his dick. He also muredered some kid in a battle on Heat, earlier in the night.

The B-More Crowd was mixed on who they wanted to win. Some wanted Cena to go OVER, Some wanted the Olympic Hero to get the duke. So from the beginning, you had a great match, with the story being written, by the best writers ever...The fans.

Game plans

Cena Strategy was simple he wanted to draw Angle in to his (Cena's) element. He wanted to Braw with Angle, because you know, Angle is a Olympic Gold Medalist In Wrestling and stuff?

Angle wanted to tease Cena, with thinking it was going to be a brawl, until Cena Cockiness got the better of him and tried to out-wrestle Angle. Then Angle would find the opening he needed and go to that whole "Wrestling" thing, that he does so well.

So in a Odd beginning, Angle starts off with the brawling, and Cena starts off with the strategizing, attacking Angles neck. Because You know, Angle has a bad neck and stuff?

Cena then stays in control grounding and Pounding the Olympic Hero. He then makes the mistake of going to the top rope, which Angles counter the attack (after his pop up top rope belly to belly suoplex, was blocked by Cena) with a beautiful, drop kick to the knee. It's logical for Angle to go for the legs, because he uses a leg lock as his finisher and stuff.

Angle then takes control of the match with Clotheslines and a Russian Leg Sweep. Anglew the Drop toe hold Cena, and Goes for the Ankle Lock~!. But Cena, avoids and gets out of the ring. After playing cat and mouse for a few seconds, they end up fighting on the Apron. Angle attempts a GERMAN SUPLEX Off the Apron~! But Cena reverses it in to a DDT on The Apron~! (Shades of Benoit at last years Royal Rumble...This shows Cena has done his homework on Angle, see where this story is going?).

After hitting the DDT on the Apron. Cena stalks Angle as "The Olympic Hero" makes his way to the ring, he then catches Angle between the ropes with a Guillotine LEG DROP on the back of the neck OUCH~! (Back to that whole Neck thing) 1........2. Angle kicks out. Cena then hits the Modified Block buster neck breaker aka "THE Throwback"~! 1.........2.......Nope. Angle Kicks out again.

Cena then then quickly goes back on the attack, but Angle counters with a roll up, for a two count. Then hits his trademark (Well...Benoits Trademarks) Rolling German Suplexes~! 1....2....Cena Kicks out.

Both are slow getting up, Cena gets too his feet 1st and puts a few knees to Angle back. Cena then hits one of the damndest moves I ever seen. He Powerbombs Angle in to the Turnbuckle~! 1........2........9999999999. Angle kicks out. Cena then is in his "Man Fuck the Bull Shit" mode....And hitsn the "FU"~! He gets another long 2 count. The Crowd is going wild for this match now, Cena is the Man of the Night as far as B-more is Concern.

Cena goes for another FU, but Angle counters it, in to a ANGLE SLAM~! 1....2....NOPE. Cena is kicks out. The CROWN now EXPLODES In Cena Chants. Cena goes for his Chain, but the ref takes it. Cena then pulls out Gold Medals, and KO's Angle, but only gets another 2 count.

The Finish

Cena goes for another Fu, Angle counters it in to a Angle Slam, Cena Cony=ters it, but Angles catches Cena in to a victory roll up, and transition it in to a Ankle Lock~! Cena tries to get to the rope, but Angle pulls him back, and traps him in the middle of the ring with a Scissors Leg Lock along with the Ankle Lock for the TAP OUT victory.

GREAT FUCKING MATCH. ****. This could've been a classic. But hey, it's still MOTYC, These definately need a series of matches to follow up this encounter...Angle SOLD, that makes it that much better.

Cena has Arrived.

Eddie Guerrero vs (As Shawn Micheals called Sid) "The Biggest Piece Of Luggage in Wrestling" (Figure it out) Big Shit...I mean Show.

This was basically A story telling match...Guerrero uses his great Psychology, Air Work, and the whole " LCS" bit...But is Overcome by Bog Shit's Laziness...I'll give it **1/2 Because of Guerrero of course. ..Other then his performance, this match was shit.....BIG SHIT.

OUR WWE CHAMPION AKA "THE MOST Entertaining Champion in WWE" Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker.

This was a very Good match. Brock was on point as usual, and Taker even brought his WORK boots. This was basically a brawl, with some cool spots. Taker using the Triangle Choke, while Brock was on the apron was cool. Taker's Big Chokeslam from the top was great also. They even let Taker use a old school Pile Driver on the steps to Brock.Very good Main event...I just don't feel like reviewing it now...***1/2

Overall rating 8/10

Best thing to come out of No Mercy

1)Benoit is out of this meaningless feud with Ape Train...And is now in a Feud wirth Brock Finally.
/No more Big Show in the WWE title picture.

2)Cena has Arrived

3)Eddie Guerrero is about to get a Main event Push

4)Brock won...That was Obvious

5)Taker LOST

6)NEW GM...I like Steph, but this will shake up the show.

7) Great CW match

Worst thing to come out of NO MERCY

1)Big Shit with the US Title...But atleast he's in the mid card, where he belongs.

2) Zach Gowen going Over Matt.

3) Steph is gone...

4) No TRIPLE H...

Last edited by TR(UTH)IPLE H; 20 Oct 2003 at 04:59 AM.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 05:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Good review Truthhh.

Totally agree that Benoit worked a miracle and the Angle/Cena match was stellar. I did feel somewhat similar to the way I felt while watching the Hitman vs Stone Cold. There I was, cheering for Angle, hoping against hope that he would win against an opponent who's popularity is soaring (in Cena's hometown, no less). The crowd was popping for both of them, which was awesome! Then it happened...Angle won again! Great finish (like Hart/Austin) making both men look great. And despite losing, yes Cena has arrived.

The rest of the card was pretty crappy, though. Big Show was a bit surprising, but Eddie can take the loss and not miss a step.

Lesnar was helped out by Vince, which comes as no surprise.

Doubt Sable will be the new GM, just too damn predictable...oh, wait, this is WWE we're talking about. Oh, well!

And yes, Tajiri/Mysterio was good, but we've seen these two a number of times before on Smackdown, so I didn't feel like it added anything to the PPV.

I give No Mercy a 6.5/10.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

man the crowd was on fire for the Cena/Angle match

but is it me or the guy who tryed to jump in the ring in the Tajiri/Rey match was wearing wrestling boots????

P.S. I really , REALLY , don't think it was a crazy fan.

BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Great review Truth

I would have watched, it just seemed like too much to pay for a bunch of matches we've seen before or don't care to see at all

like Zack vs Matt...seen it already, nothing against Gowen but I think he can go away now
McMahon vs McMahon...no interest, plus Vince gives himself too much exposure on PPVs
Brock vs Taker....I haven't liked Taker in a long ass time, add to that this is a stupid gimmick match, no interest whatsoever
Old 20 Oct 2003, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

The PPV was a solid 2 and a half hours of monkeycrap, it didnt feel like a PPV, it just felt like another bitch ass episode of Smackdown, I expect the buy rates to be the worst in month's for this piece of trash PPV. No entertainment, no promos, no suprises, no debut's, no return's, no shock value, it was just the same 'ol played out matches we have seen in the past. Last nite I finally realized how shit wrestling is now compared to the past. Brock vs Taker was the worst ppv main event I have seen since Triple h/Steiner and Triple h/Book.

No Mercy: 5/10
Old 20 Oct 2003, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
Great review Truth

I would have watched, it just seemed like too much to pay for a bunch of matches we've seen before or don't care to see at all

like Zack vs Matt...seen it already, nothing against Gowen but I think he can go away now
McMahon vs McMahon...no interest, plus Vince gives himself too much exposure on PPVs
Brock vs Taker....I haven't liked Taker in a long ass time, add to that this is a stupid gimmick match, no interest whatsoever
You should've ordered it. The Crowd heat was awsome. There wasn't a boring minute, unlike Unforgiven. The Crowd got involved in every match, and wasn't dead silent.

You'd like Brock vs Taker for the cool spots, and pacing of the match. It was a great PPV, by all standards...If you know.... Well...You Know...Wrestling.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR(UTH)IPLE H
You should've ordered it. The Crowd heat was awsome. There wasn't a boring minute, unlike Unforgiven. The Crowd got involved in every match, and wasn't dead silent.

You'd like Brock vs Taker for the cool spots, and pacing of the match. It was a great PPV, by all standards...If you know.... Well...You Know...Wrestling.
I love good matches and there might have been a few but over all it looked like a regular Smackdown...didnt see why I should pay the 35 for something I watch free every Thursday

but Cena vs Angle and Tajiri vs Rey should have been very soild matches
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

It wasn't like a regular Smackdown. Thats a Bias way of looking at the product. If you looked at it that way, I take you didn't order last month's Pay per view?