ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

I tried to support it, but THE SPLIT MUST END! Here's Why I Think So...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2003, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road
Default I tried to support it, but THE SPLIT MUST END! Here's Why I Think So...

I'll be the first to admit that the roster split was a good idea. WAS. PAST TENSE.

Dividing a roster in order to give up and coming talent the opportunity to strut their stuff WAS a great idea---when the talent pool was deep.

But here we are about tho endure yet another PPV with McMahons in a main event, Big Show and Albert in heavily promoted matches, a recycled title match, and very little else worth watching. The talent pool seems about knee high.

All this after a PPV that had a tag match using announcers.

Bottom line is, I agreed with the split when Rocky, Stone Cold, Hogan, Flair, Nash, Angle, HBK, Taker, Lesnar, Guerrero, Benoit, Y2J, Steiner, Goldberg, Kane, Triple H, and Big Show were all needing TV time.

But now, that list has gotten considerably shorter, and even though Cena, Orton, and a few others have benefited from the split, the WWE locker room no longer has the necessary star power to support two separate brands. Rock, Austin (sort of), Hogan and Nash are gone. Trips is taking some time off, Steiner is crap, Show is, well, Show, and there hasn't been enough new stars to take their places. The result is the crappy, watered-down PPV material that loyal fans have been subjected to in recent months.

I know the WWE probably won't re-unify the brands, but then again, if the fans aren't buying PPVs...who knows. Top quality PPVs require top quality feuds, and imagine the possibilities in a unified WWE!
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Well, when you think about it, Breaking the Split Will Just make all of that WORSE! More McMahon Crap, More Crappy Main Events, And Who Knows what else!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I agree..............

I think re-combining them will raise the ratings. That would give WWE back the eliment of surprise. Right now we can pretty much guess the matches. Combine the two back together and surprise us. For instance Id like to see Goldberg Job to Cena since nobody else will. F.I. Angle and Eddie.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 05:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Adversary

Sin,

How do you think it would make things worse? You'd have so many more possible feuds and big matches...so many more options for PPVs. They'd still have four hours of TV to fill, so very few would lose a spot, but the fat would get trimmed.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

DeraiLer is on a distinguished road
Angry

Yeah. End the split. How are we supposed to get Goldberg vs Brock with that stupid roster split?
DeraiLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Who fucking cares if Brock and Berg ever fight or don't. Why do all the net marks have to sit there and bitch about whether some guys face off every single week. Who cares. I'm so sick of this instant gratification bullshit that the net fans want. Fucking wait for things to happen instead of complaining about it. The split is the best thing that they've done in a long time. Ppl bitch about McMahons too much, Hunter too much, whoever too much, but then complain about wanting them all on the same show 2 damn times a week.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

heel face, you make a good point about the wwe not needing 2 seperate rosters anymore cause of the lack of star power but keep in mind that the wwe is live 52 week's a year and the Raw/SD schedule is to tough on the wrester's, especially on ppv weekends, they gotta go Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, this is why so many wrester's were getting injured. Personaly I would like to se the split come to an end but I doubt it will.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

[QUOTE=HeelFace]I'll be the first to admit that the roster split was a good idea. WAS. PAST TENSE.

Quote:
Dividing a roster in order to give up and coming talent the opportunity to strut their stuff WAS a great idea---when the talent pool was deep.
The talent pool is still deep.

Quote:
But here we are about tho endure yet another PPV with McMahons in a main event, Big Show and Albert in heavily promoted matches, a recycled title match, and very little else worth watching. The talent pool seems about knee high.
I agree with You on Show and Albert. They both are worthless. I'd make Show in to a bodyguard character, nothing else, and nothing more. Albert should be sent to Trashville...4 failed pushes=TNA Jobber. The Brock vs Taker match owned all, last night. That was a good way to end their feud, and lead it in to Mcmahon vs Taker, which will be lead in to Kane vs Taker....All in all, great Booking.

All this after a PPV that had a tag match using announcers.

Quote:
Bottom line is, I agreed with the split when Rocky, Stone Cold, Hogan, Flair, Nash, Angle, HBK, Taker, Lesnar, Guerrero, Benoit, Y2J, Steiner, Goldberg, Kane, Triple H, and Big Show were all needing TV time.
ALL but 3 of them stars need TV time still. Rock is in Hollywood. Triple is also.

Hogan? Who gives a fuck? Nobody wanted to see him anyway, it gave more time to more deseved stars like Guererro, Cena, and Benoit. When the faggot bitch Hogan left.

Quote:
But now, that list has gotten considerably shorter, and even though Cena, Orton, and a few others have benefited from the split, the WWE locker room no longer has the necessary star power to support two separate brands. Rock, Austin (sort of), Hogan and Nash are gone. Trips is taking some time off, Steiner is crap, Show is, well, Show, and there hasn't been enough new stars to take their places. The result is the crappy, watered-down PPV material that loyal fans have been subjected to in recent months.
They don't have the STAR Power...But they have the time to build more Stars. Cena Over, Lance Storm by works of A Miracle by Austin, is OVER. Orton Is Over. Steiner as a heel might be a plus. Nash and Hogan? Who the fuck cares again I say? They're both flops, just like all the WCW jobbers are.

Quote:
I know the WWE probably won't re-unify the brands, but then again, if the fans aren't buying PPVs...who knows. Top quality PPVs require top quality feuds, and imagine the possibilities in a unified WWE!
WWE should fire all the WCW jobbers that fucked up their Product. Then end the Brands. Until then, keep Smackdown away from the Nitro recaps. aUntil Triple H comes back anyway.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I don't really think the brand division needs to end

I would kind of like to see a new draft tho
get some new matches

but as it is I love the fact that Smackdown gives some of the younger guys a chance to shine. Raw is a disappointment to me. I think that entire show needs a serious rework.

ending the division is only gonna make these guys work more days in a row, and put their bodies in even greater risk. Plus if the brands were reunited we'd have to endure Goldberg on more than one night a week...one night of Goldberg is punishment enough don't you think?
Old 20 Oct 2003, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

truthhh....if they need to fire all the wcw jobbers, wouldn't that include 3H and Austin? after all, they did nothing but job in wcw.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 05:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR(UTH)IPLE H
The talent pool is still deep.

The Brock vs Taker match owned all, last night. That was a good way to end their feud, and lead it in to Mcmahon vs Taker, which will be lead in to Kane vs Taker....All in all, great Booking.
Are you fucking serious bra.....i thought you would be the first to rant on that match up, so many missed spot's and Taker looked like he was about to have a fucking heart attack, horrible main event IMO.

The Brock/Show forklift match was a hellluvalot better IMO
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
I don't really think the brand division needs to end

I would kind of like to see a new draft tho
get some new matches

but as it is I love the fact that Smackdown gives some of the younger guys a chance to shine.
ending the division is only gonna make these guys work more days in a row, and put their bodies in even greater risk. Plus if the brands were reunited we'd have to endure Goldberg on more than one night a week...one night of Goldberg is punishment enough don't you think?
exactly
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
truthhh....if they need to fire all the wcw jobbers, wouldn't that include 3H and Austin? after all, they did nothing but job in wcw.....
no, because they were smart enough to get out of that deadend fed and do something with their careers instead of being a Berg number. Lot's of smart guys did that, and they became the stars that killed WCW.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Adversary

Just to clarify:

I'm not saying that every guy needs to appear on every show. Nor am I saying I want to see any particular wrestler three times a week.

All I'm saying is that they should at least open up the possibilities for guys currently on RAW to face guys currently on SD! The WWE is missing the boat on a number of decent feuds and storylines that aren't possible right now due to the roster split, and they're trying to make up for it by putting guys like Big Show and A-Train and Steiner (space-fillers at best) into PPV feuds.

I agree that guys like Orton and Cena need their TV time, and I see no reason that re-unifying the roster should affect that (other than Triple H's ego). There will still be the exact same amount of available television time, but we wouldn't see so many recycled matches.

Okay, maybe reunification isn't the answer, but I hope to god that they'll at least change things up now and then, which hasn't been the case at all so far.

THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY QUALITY MATCHES YOU CAN BOOK WHEN YOU'VE ONLY GOT A HALF-DOZEN QUALITY PERFORMERS AVAILABLE TO EACH SHOW!

I never, EVER, want to see Lesnar/Taker again!
Old 20 Oct 2003, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKBERG
Are you fucking serious bra.....i thought you would be the first to rant on that match up, so many missed spot's and Taker looked like he was about to have a fucking heart attack, horrible main event IMO.

The Brock/Show forklift match was a hellluvalot better IMO
LOL...He did look out of it at the end of tghe match. I ignored the few Botched spots, because they weren't that serious. I wish the Bitchtaker could job CLEAN sometimes...But hey, all in all, he did a good job..

Side Note: I liked the Stretcher match better also, because they actually used the stretcher more then once.