ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

(NEWS)RVD to leave WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2003, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default (NEWS)RVD to leave WWE?

Major Update On RVD Possibly Leaving WWE
Story By: Ben Johnson
October 18, 2003

Source: PWTorch.com VIP

In an update to the story that broke this week, Rob Van Dam is indeed not a guarantee to re-sign with WWE once his current contract expires.

Sources close to the situation say that RVD doesn't really care where he ends up when his deal runs out this summer (in fact, he's not really even interested in talking with WWE about the contract at this point). While WWE strongly wants to hang onto RVD (as reported, the possible reason for giving RVD an IC Title run), Rob has lost interest due to the lack of a push he's gotten in WWE, and now is not at all set to remain with WWE for years to come.

Most feel that barring a major push that changes his mind, RVD will opt for TNA or Japan once his deal runs out.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2003, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
New And Improved, again.

Scrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Scrazy129

I'd hate to see him go but he has to do what he has got to do.I meen WWE has watered him down.I hope RVD will re-sign.And Vince will really value wht he has.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Hoy Gervalt Im so furclempt that I could plotz!!

I don't like RVD but it would hurt the WWE to lose him.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

i'm an RVD Fan, But Maybe it would be best to See him Head to TNA or Japan, Where his abilities can Be Respected instead of Watred Down into a puddle of Crap!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

^^^He would be the biggest star in TNA so I agree.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I say bye bye Job Van Dam

have fun in Japan
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

If he doesnt want to stay in the big leagues and go to hicksville (tna) or whocaresville (japan) then I say fuck him. He should feel its a privilige to be offered a WWE contract. Not I dont care.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Damn RVD, rocked, Although yes I agree they fucked up his style, they watered his moves down to cheap highspots for Main Matches and all they give is two runs with the IC belt and he's been there for 3 years busting his ass and jobbing to everyone.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

I told you marks this months ago...

But they might put the Raw Strap on him, like they did Jericho. So they can prove he's not a DRAW, even with a World title. The only dofference is, Jericho is a Great wrestler (eventhough he's lazy now) and great on the mic. Jericho's title reign was in the middle of a NWO return, and Triple H's comeback. Bad timing killed Jericho's title reign....Ooh and he's a 5-11 Canadian, that didn't help either.

R-V-D is a SPOT MACHINE....Turn him heel, Slow him down, Bring back Fonzie. He has a chance at being a Draw...Again.

Last edited by TR(UTH)IPLE H; 20 Oct 2003 at 04:54 PM.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

LMAO at RVD. He's such a pissy little punk. He get's nothing from management because he delivers a sloppy, crappy performance in the ring and on the mic. His gimmick is so tired and old that they can't even do anything with him. He was a big part in Kanes push but he still can't accept his role and be a supporting player. He was given a huge push when he showed up with all the invasion angle. He was "THE ONLY" guy that got any real support from the fans and the only guy who had the most opportunity. He was in big matches with SC and company, and he still failed. He's been given too many chances, and he's been a crybaby bitch for over a year. He expects things to get handed to him, but that's not how it works in the big leagues. He'll be fine in whatever second rate fed he goes to, but he'll just be wishing he was a WWE jobber. Goodbye you overated piece of trash.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

His contract ends in 2 years....
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

SpiritK9 is on a distinguished road

And that's why he's not talking contract right now.

But truth is, he IS watered down. A push? I think he's still getting it. But with no hardcore title, I think he's out of his element.

Put him in TNA if need be. But he'll never get the rabid push he's enjoyed so far in WWE.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I say he is lucky to be where he is right now. If he goes to TNA he will probably become World Champ the first night only to lose it 1 week later when they find out how shitty his skills are (both mic and wrestling)

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Well if he leaves I am really gonna be sorry to see him gone,but it does'nt suprise me one bit and I don't blame him. I have always been an RVD fan no matter what,but the facts are he is the most misused wrestler I have ever seen.
The WWE are seting on a gold mine with him,but are to F'd up to see it.
Such a waste of great talent,It's such a shame. I just don't understand it.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2003, 11:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Yeah, here it is...I'm new (here) so please just read what I say before giving me the stiff chairshot to my dome.

I'm an RVD mark, I'll admit it. I just don't think WWE is right for him. In a perfect world, I'd like to see RVD as one of the nearly silent heels with someone like Fonzie or (not going to happen, but) Heyman in his corner. But since WWE made Brock come out of his shell and get on the mic, I don't think they'd extend the courtesy to RVD. He's not the best on the mic, but that's not because he can't carry on a simple conversation like certain RAW Heavyweight Champs I see on TV (although 'Berg's working to get better or at least that's the way I see it). It's because the extent of the lines he is given is "Uhh, whatever," and "cool."

The WWE is a mic-driven product. It's human drama. If you're not going to speak much at all, you're best as a heel w/ an agent to be the mouthpiece for you. It's not RVD. RVD is best at busting people up, throwing them into the front row of the audience and handing the chair to Fonzie. That's not where WWE is headed, as evidenced by the lack of table action from the Dudley's (I have no idea if that was their call or WWE's call...) and the retirement of the Hardcore belt.

I'd be happy for RVD to not be the Heavyweight Champ if they'd just put him in a good storyline. Unlike most of the 260 pounders in WWE, RVD doesn't need to have the strap to be as over as it gets, which if you watch the shows, he generally is (just like Goldberg, no matter how some people might not like it). But for the love of god...*use* him, Vince. Helping Lance get over a couple of weeks ago was one thing, and I was cool with that. Taking a chair shot from Steiner just to set the table for an apparent Test/Steiner v. Austin program is just ridiculous though. I understand that WWE doesn't want to lose him, I just don't think that having him set the table for mid card and second class programs is how to go about that.

Also, a lot of people here mention RVD's style as "sloppy." I just don't see it that way. Most of his moves are arial or martial arts based. Generally when you're in the ring with someone like Steiner or Kane, they're not going to be able to make the moves look as good as they would with someone like Christian, Jericho or Benoit, because they're not agile enough to do so. Fact of the matter is that in WWE, RVD's style doesn't look as great as it is when he's wrestling with those two-legged steroids that Vince likes to see the strap on. He should either move on, or the writers should step up and deliver quality product for the 230-250 guys.

As a side note, while we're talking about sloppy styles...since he's come to the WWE, it's seemed to me that Goldberg has worked at developing himself in the ring and on the mic. I also think that through his work, he's gotten better. I would just like to know why he can't take finishers. HHH had to pedigree his ass twice because 'Berg apparently doesn't know how to fall, and that Spinebuster/Powerbomb thing Batista did (has that move been named yet?) was just despicable. Freaking Moolah took the RKO better than 'Berg took Batista's move. I thought Goldberg was making some serious in ring progress, but that showed me that he's either A) got a long way to go, or B) just got to accept the fact that in the WWE he will be taking finishers, and taking them often.

I'm rambling. I'm out. Go ahead and clock me with that chair.

Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote