ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

For all the Smarks who Cry about Vince needing to focus more on wrestling..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Default For all the Smarks who Cry about Vince needing to focus more on wrestling..

You better hope People watch Brock VS Angle for 1 hour. This is a big Fucking gamble. Vince is going to see if this is what people want too see. He's giving you as pure of a wrestling match you can get, in North America. But we all know the outcome, it's going to fail, because the average consumer doesn't want to watch a great technical match. They want to be entertained, if he ran his company like the smarks wanted him too. He'd be giving out PPV's for a Penny, like TNA .

I for one am looking forward to the match and I know it'll be the best Ironman match since Hunter VS Rock (Thats right I fucking said it HBK vs Bret was a snooze fest for about 30 minutes...But it was still classic...But it wasn't what marks, make it out to be. Hunter and Rock put on a masterpiece for 1 hour, until Undertaker fucked it up. But the sad thing is, Smarks bashed the match before giving them a chance, and it became forgettable before it *the match* was even done...And whats sadder, Smarks still won't admit The Rock and Hunter out did Bret and HBK...Pathetic).

Nobody but hardcore wrestling fans (and it's not many of us out there, contrary to Internet Belief) is going to watch this thing. It's sad that this FLOP might kill it for the great wrestlers, like Benoit and Eddy. Because believe me if this Flops, Mcmahon will not try to please his 'loyal' fans again, when it comes to concentrating on wrestling more then entertainment, anyway. He'll avoid all plans, to give wrestling more attention, and he'll focus on the Popular Audience again...And he should.

So make the most of it, smarks... Or you won't get a chance to see a great PURE Wrestling match on regular TV (Maybe even pay per view) again.

Last edited by TR(UTH)IPLE H; 16 Sep 2003 at 02:07 AM.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I know I'll be watching this. This match will be so fuckin great. I cannot wait to see it. Brock vs Lesnar for an hour will blow the roof off.

Also, will it be commercial free? Like, somehow they worked a deal with the network to cut it short last week for that garbage (The Mullets) in order to get an hour of commercial free broadcasting?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Re: For all the Smarks who Cry about Vince needing to focus more on wrestling..

Quote:
Originally posted by TR(UTH)IPLE H
You better hope People watch Brock VS Angle for 1 hour. This is a big Fucking gamble. Vince is going to see if this is what people want too see. He's giving you as pure of a wrestling match you can get, in North America. But we all know the outcome, it's going to fail, because the average consumer doesn't want to watch a great technical match. They want to be entertained, if he ran his company like the smarks wanted him too. He'd be giving out PPV's for a Penny, like TNA .

I for one am looking forward to the match and I know it'll be the best Ironman match since Hunter VS Rock (Thats right I fucking said it HBK vs Bret was a snooze fest for about 30 minutes...But it was still classic...But it wasn't what marks, make it out to be. Hunter and Rock put on a masterpiece for 1 hour, until Undertaker fucked it up. But the sad thing is, Smarks bashed the match before giving them a chance, and it became forgettable before it *the match* was even done...And whats sadder, Smarks still won't admit The Rock and Hunter out did Bret and HBK...Pathetic).

Nobody but hardcore wrestling fans (and it's not many of us out there, contrary to Internet Belief) is going to watch this thing. It's sad that this FLOP might kill it for the great wrestlers, like Benoit and Eddy. Because believe me if this Flops, Mcmahon will not try to please his 'loyal' fans again, when it comes to concentrating on wrestling more then entertainment, anyway. He'll avoid all plans, to give wrestling more attention, and he'll focus on the Popular Audience again...And he should.

So make the most of it, smarks... Or you won't get a chance to see a great PURE Wrestling match on regular TV (Maybe even pay per view) again.
Yeah, it is a big gamble... one that I hope pays off. I for one would rather see more wrestling on TV. The entertainment aspect of it is great and all, since it adds to the story behind the matches, but you can't keep longtime viewers with nothing but over the top stories and goofy characters. A balance of the two would be nice. I feel Smackdown has more of this balance, but Raw seems to be evening out and putting on better shows lately(with the exception of Goldberg being a jackass all the time).

I personally felt that the first Iron Man Match was the best, the rest periods were portrayed better with more than just the headlocks and both guys "collapsed from the carnage" as Ross called it. Bret and HBK used more of a variety of submission to keep things different. Not that HHH/Rock wasn't good... just like Hart/HBK better. That and the ending blew HHH/Rock's match away.

Last edited by Mr. Hostility; 16 Sep 2003 at 02:33 AM.
Mr. Hostility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Spankadette62 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Spankadette62 Send a message via Yahoo to Spankadette62

If I'm not watching SD this Thursday night for anything else, you can bet I will be watching the Iron Man Match! That will no doubt IMO be the best part of the whole show this week.

Spankadette62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by Crunchy Black
I know I'll be watching this. This match will be so fuckin great. I cannot wait to see it. Brock vs Lesnar for an hour will blow the roof off.

Also, will it be commercial free? Like, somehow they worked a deal with the network to cut it short last week for that garbage (The Mullets) in order to get an hour of commercial free broadcasting?
They might have commercial, so the wrestlewrs can use rest holds. Plus I doubt many viewers will watch the match for every minute. You know some people will be flipping through the channels if it's commercial free. Some commercial time, will actually keep people watching, to see how it ends.

RYAN: Bret Vs HBK did kick it up to a ***** match in the last 30-45 minutes. But they switched arm lock, head locks, and other restholds for 25 -30 minutes. I'm all for ring Psychology, but damn do a impact move every now and then. Work on a part of the body, so the holds can make sense. You don't have to Chain Wrestle for 30 minutes, to tell a good story, or bulid a Great match structure.

Last edited by TR(UTH)IPLE H; 16 Sep 2003 at 02:45 AM.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Brock vs Lesnar for an hour will blow the roof off.
LMAO
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Brock's injury could hurt the match....
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I for one will be watching it. Smackdown is def the show for wrestling. And Raw for the storylines. This will be off the hook. My only complaint will be its not live. And I will do my best not to find out who wins with all the spoilers. Smackdown was off the hook last week with the Cena vs Eddie parking lot match.....this week will be 10x greater. Although I am greatly looking 4ward to Shane vs Kane at Unforgiven cause Shane I believe will steal the show. But back to the matter Angle vs. Brock will = one great match and ill put my money on Angle losing the belt to him. Since he was really supposed to lose it at Summerslam.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^^^He'll pace hisself well, and Kurt will call the match. So i'm confidant they can work around the injury. Brock sells better then most veterans, so Kurt might work the leg to be more realistic.

Last edited by TR(UTH)IPLE H; 16 Sep 2003 at 02:43 AM.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Brock is injured...? I didn't know that.

Well, I guess that's my own fault for not going to any news sites anymore.

Anyways, what's his injury and how bad is it?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

Technicly...Brock and Kurt are both suffering injury's and these 2 superstars have still not fought one another 100% healthy but thier such amazing in ring performer's so im sure the match will be good, not great but good.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 03:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Brock is injured...? I didn't know that.

Well, I guess that's my own fault for not going to any news sites anymore.

Anyways, what's his injury and how bad is it?
His knee locked up a couple of days ago, but it's not considered serious.

Kurt Shoulder is nagging him (Again proving he should've waited a little longer, and got the surgery he really needs. Not just a minor one to make through another year, but it was mania time..So I understand).

It still should be a Spectacular match, until Undertaker and Big Show fuck it up, in the final minute.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 11:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm sorry.......did I read the words correctly that Hunter vs Rock was better than HBK and Bret? Rock is an entertainer, and I will grudgingly admit that 3HMcMahon is at times, but a wrestling match involving HBK and Bret, especially at the time of their careers it was puts to shame anything Hunter and Rock can or could do without cages, chairs and blood.

this just in........3HMcMahon sucks!!

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

the only iron man match i ever really liked was sting vs. rick rude.... just because they kept me glued to the screen for the whole match...... i hope brock and angle do the same.

Last edited by Dick Biggs; 16 Sep 2003 at 11:49 AM.
Dick Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 05:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Am I mistaken or wasnt the match with Angle and Shane an Iron man match? Where Shane was put through the plate glass twice?

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote