ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Will Chris Benoit ever rule as king?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2003, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

SpiritK9 is on a distinguished road
Default Will Chris Benoit ever rule as king?

So why aren't they letting the other "best pure technical wrestler" having a run at WWE gold? And am I the only one who thinks he's buried on Smackdown?
Though his attitude in the past turned me off, Chris Benoit always gives effort and was screwed numerous times out of the WWE title. I believe he could do a great job as champion. He's mean, focused and he does an allright job on the mic.
All I have to do is take a look at titleholders like Christian, LaResistance, Eddie Guerrero etc., to know that the best people certainly aren't the champions, or at least aren't worth McMahon's time.
When will Benoit get some respect? Even Big Slow got it at one time!!!
Old 06 Sep 2003, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

NO, because he's not the image Vince wants. Same story with Latino Heat, he gets the biggest pops of the night and no title shots for him.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2003, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Darkness

Darkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improve

Probably not 'cause he's from WCW.
Shannon Moore
All WCW/ECW stars
Darkness Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2003, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

SpiritK9 is on a distinguished road

Something tells me Vince is not out for the fans' best interest.
Can we all say "duh"?
Old 08 Sep 2003, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Chris Benoit is an overrated internet smark loved piece of trash. His matches are boring, his move list is down to about 4 different things, his personality is pathetic, he has no charisma, he is nothing but a midcard jobber. Eddie Guerrero is 20 times the wrestler that Ben-Wa balls could ever hope to be. Benoit match = kick, kick, kick, get smacked around for a while so you can show off you missing fucking tooth (note to Chris: Fix that fucking thing you dumb toothless fool) kick, kick, kick, chop, kick, kick, get smacked around, sell a bunch of work to the back and neck, then out of absolutely nowhere go into the over played triple german then the stupid headbutt thing which he's likely to miss anyway, roll around for a bit, cross face, repeat...

Plus that asshole is getting sloppier and sloppier. He busted Matt Hardy open with a sloppy crossface, and Matt Hardy still carried that match. lmao. Benoit will be on the chopping block soon enough, then he can go be the toothless midget in TNA.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2003, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Wow. For once, Exo, I disagree with you. Completely.

Chris Benoit is STILL one of the most talented guys on the WWE roster. The problem is that he hasn't been given the right kind of push yet.

The focus of his push MUST be on his in-ring work. Maybe that means adding a mouthpiece manager or valet, but I don't think so. Just limit his use of the mic. A 'do my talking in the ring' kind of thing.

The feuds that Angle and Benoit have had in the past have been show-stealers, and I think a feud with Lesnar would be great as well, and would work wonders for Benoit.

Granted, Benoit isn't the complete package like Angle. But the simple fact that he's been chasing the title for so long has me solidly behind him. I like Angle more, but Benoit should be given an opportunity, it just has to be done properly (something I have little faith in the WWE to do).
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2003, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by HeelFace
Wow. For once, Exo, I disagree with you. Completely.

Chris Benoit is STILL one of the most talented guys on the WWE roster. The problem is that he hasn't been given the right kind of push yet.

The focus of his push MUST be on his in-ring work. Maybe that means adding a mouthpiece manager or valet, but I don't think so. Just limit his use of the mic. A 'do my talking in the ring' kind of thing.

The feuds that Angle and Benoit have had in the past have been show-stealers, and I think a feud with Lesnar would be great as well, and would work wonders for Benoit.

Granted, Benoit isn't the complete package like Angle. But the simple fact that he's been chasing the title for so long has me solidly behind him. I like Angle more, but Benoit should be given an opportunity, it just has to be done properly (something I have little faith in the WWE to do).
They have given him tons of pushes. He got a great push against Angle where he didn't have to talk. They did little interviews with him and stuff and he still didn't cut it. His matches are so boring now. He does nothing except wait for the crossface. He has no more talent than the next guy. He's always getting a push and he's always the one that gets left behind, because he can't carry his own weight. Yeah, he looks good against Angle, but Angle makes everyone look good. Benoit looks like shit against a lot of the roster and he fucked up against Angle at SS 2000 and they had to have a rematch because Benoit botched the finish and made the "technical" fued look like shit. Matt Hardy carried him. Eddie Guererro carried him. Hell, even Hair Train had to carry him. And that was the last straw. Why is it that everyone that Benoit fueds with goes on to bigger and better things? Because Benoit can't do it and is not a top contender. It's time for Benoit to make a stand, or get out of the way.
Old 09 Sep 2003, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

You're god damn right Exo,shit guys..i'm so tired of hearing of hearing when will benoit get the title?..I think there are a lot of guys on sd more entertaining,angle,brock,cena,eddie,are all more entertaining than benoit,being a good wrestler dosen't work anymore,angle's a great technical wrestler,and he's the champion,why?..because he has the it factor,he can cut a promo,he can get heat..and benoit can't do that as hee; or a face..he's just not WWE Champioship material,face it..
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS
It's time for Benoit to make a stand, or get out of the way.
What do you mean by "make a stand"? Is it possible that you actually do think Benoit can get to the top?
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2003, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

^well, he better do something. He hasn't done what's been asked of him and he hasn't done what it takes to be a main guy in WWE. He can't get over has a heal. LMAO, they put him has a face in a fued with Eddie has a heel, and Eddie gets some of the biggest pops I've heard in a while. Now they're putting him against Hair train and Rhyno in the hopes of getting him over has a face, but nobody is really reacting. Benoit better pick up his mic skills and do the things that he hasn't shown that he's capable of doing, ie. carry a fued, work the crowd (no, that little thumb across the neck doesn't count) cut some promo's, fix his tooth hole, grow 9 inches, open up his move list, get a decent finisher, do something besides that teabagging headbutt and impress me tonight on SD before I go all out on him

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 11 Sep 2003, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

What do Chris's fans have to say about him?

---

Chris Beniot came into the WWF only a short while ago and already has captured the Heavyweight Title on 2 Separate occasions... But also both those times has had it taken away and had the match carried on, poor old Beniot.

---

LMAO "poor old Beniot"

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 11 Sep 2003, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

The definition of carrying a match: To cover your opponents faults in the ring, and Expose their Strength. Benoit has never been carried in a match, in his career.

Undertaker: Benoit made Him look like a monster way before, Angle did....I'm talking about the The Biker Undertaker...

Albert; Benoit has made him look 100% better since they started their mini feud...

Angle: Didn't he steal the rolling Germans, from Benoit? And doesn't he too use the Ankle Lock just as much, in one match, As Benoit uses the Cross face?

R.V.D: last 2 ****1/2 matches was against Benoit and Guerrero...Benoit made R.V.D look like GOLD, at Summerslam 2002. RVD hasn't broke the **** mark every since.

Eddie Guerrero: This is the only pure wrestler, who can be matched with Benoit. POUND for Pound this is the only wrestler in the same league as Benoit. But hey, He was schooled by Benoit in japan, in how to be a all around Artist....And not just a spotty Luchadore...

Super J Cup 94: The best single performance in a tournament ever....Starring Chris Benoit and Great Sasuke...

Any thing from WCW/New Japan up until 99....

ANything from 99-2003 in WWE...

I Understand the small argument...But Benoit is anything but, Redundant Or Boring in the ring....And He's damn sure never Carried in a match...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

I completely agree with Truth.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The Simple Fact is,HHH owns Benoit.

Side Note:HHH is the best technical wrestler in the biz,we all know it.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally posted by TR(UTH)IPLE H

R.V.D: last 2 ****1/2 matches was against Benoit and Guerrero...Benoit made R.V.D look like GOLD, at Summerslam 2002. RVD hasn't broke the **** mark every since.
Not even Triple H can make RVD look Four star. Benoit is great, he is IMO in the top five most talented guys on SD:

1. Kurt Angle
2. Benoit
3. Gurrero
4. Cena
5. Lesnar