ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Spare us Ric Flair - retire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Sep 2002, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

SpiritK9 is on a distinguished road
Default Spare us Ric Flair - retire!

You've just got to wonder how much more mileage the WWE can get out of Ric Flair. They've done as much as they can with the Flair/CEO thing and he's simply not up to physical wrestling matches like he used to be. His PPV match against Undertaker at X-8 was probably the last good match he's had.

He doesn't move around the ring much better than the Iron Sheik!

He's a legendary name, but why is he screwing himself by thinking he can still compete?

Get out of the spotlight while you're still able, Flair!
SpiritK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2002, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I agree about Flair and the spotlight thing but i also think that he hasn't lost his skill in the ring. Seein him wrestle HHH made me believe that he still has it. The problem is that he is old and hard to look at because of his physic. I think Flair in do time should and will hang up the boots, but before he does i wanna see a giant backstabbin, maybe Flair as a manager or somethin

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2002, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

SpiritK9 is on a distinguished road
Default Dre, your picture gave it away...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dre
I agree about Flair and the spotlight thing but i also think that he hasn't lost his skill in the ring. Seein him wrestle HHH made me believe that he still has it. The problem is that he is old and hard to look at because of his physic. I think Flair in do time should and will hang up the boots, but before he does i wanna see a giant backstabbin, maybe Flair as a manager or somethin
You mean the latest creation of the 4 horsemen? Maybe so because I know he was managing a seven-headed monster in WCW when it died. Just don't make it the original members of the Radicalz... or the nWo.

No one will ever have the charisma Flair has on the mic. Sorry, Rocky... And I'm glad you agreed with me, Flair's physique is X-rated... for the wrong reasons. Maybe that will lessen the PAIN!!!!!!
SpiritK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2002, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Flair isn't done yet

That is one of the biggest reasons Im hesitant to say Jerico will win Sunday. Ric still has a few suprises in his bag of tricks. He will make Jericho wish he hadn't picked up the chair the first nite he got to Raw...Love him or hate him he is still Ric.
Old 19 Sep 2002, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

I agree Flair still has his rings skill and can put on good matches. Did you see how he got irish-whipped over the top rope in his match against the HHH? That was a pretty big bump. And you say hes as bad off as the Iron Shiek? I'm sure he can squeeze some more great matches out like the one at WM18 out. Just let him finish his last run. I think a last run should be about 2 years long and then he can retire. And he atleast needs a good run.

And his loss to Rico is obvioulsy part of an upcoming angle. They wouldn't waste Flair's name to put over someone like Rico.
J-Syxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2002, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mexican Hardcore Legend

Mr Taco is on a distinguished road

I'd say it's a fair assumption that once Flair is done in WWE after this run, he will retire, at least from wrestling actively. Come on, give the guy a break. It's obvious that the guy lives and breathes wrestling. This is his last go at it, let the guy have some fun. He loves wrestling and if he still wants to and can do it, don't pay too much attention to how he's doing it. He wants to give us his all, and I give him credit just for doing what he's doing at his age. No matter if you think he sucks. And some of you say that his physique isn't what it used to? What did you think, after a lifetime career of wrestling, I'm sure you wouldn't have the greatest body either. The man's a legend, show him some respect.
Mr Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2002, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

I guess mabey us older wrestling fans understand Flairs last run a little more than most.It not only means something to Flair but to us fans who have been behind him for the last 20+ years.He deserves to retire only when he has said it is time.He earned that right.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2002, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Lord knows hes still got better ring skills than hogan.
Old 20 Sep 2002, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I trully think flairs time as a wrestler is finished. He should now concentrate on helping the wrestlers with shitty mic skills improve their performance. He still has the gift of the gab

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2002, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

I really think that he will retire shortly after Jericho beats the living hell out of him this Sunday night. I really want to se him in a suit insted of in the ring. Isnt Flair suposed to be running for govenor soon ?
Old 20 Sep 2002, 11:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Shane your still selling Ric short...

Ric knows more about wrestling then a whole heard of the young ones.Ric will leave when he is ready but I really don't think that is yet..He isn't called the dirtiest player in the game for anything..That bag of tricks still has a few in it even tho you don't think so...He jobbed to Rico for some reason of his own. That I am sure after the conversation he had with Triple H after that.
Old 20 Sep 2002, 11:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default Re: Shane your still selling Ric short...

Quote:
Originally posted by Blu Angel
Ric knows more about wrestling then a whole heard of the young ones.Ric will leave when he is ready but I really don't think that is yet..He isn't called the dirtiest player in the game for anything..That bag of tricks still has a few in it even tho you don't think so...He jobbed to Rico for some reason of his own. That I am sure after the conversation he had with Triple H after that.
I know he still has some skills but 20+ years of wrestling wears a body down and he has taken a lot of punishment in that time. THE ROCK is right when he said its time for flair to put on the suit. That way he still gets to contribute on the show and also help out the guys in the back.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2002, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Flair

will be the first to admit when he has finished what he intends to do..Saw him the other day in an interview and he said he has one more thing that he has to do...Something he still has to do that in his mind will make him an Icon..
Old 20 Sep 2002, 11:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Ric Flair in my mind is already an icon but more for WCW/NWA cause i never considered him a great WWF/WWE champion.
Old 20 Sep 2002, 11:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default I don't know what he met

but he told the interviewer he still had one more thing to do that in his mind would make him an Icon..Ric has had the WWE title one time I know about. I'm not sure what he is talking about. He said hopefully that is going to happen soon.

He was on A&E I believe it was. I happened to turn the channel and it was going on.