ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

August's Superstar of the Month: Tough Call...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2003, 05:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road
Default August's Superstar of the Month: Tough Call...

Last month, I picked Eddie Guerrero as the Superstar of the Month. It was easy. He was on a huge roll that took him all the way to the reinstated U.S. Title. He's still on that roll, and his character is on fire! Surviving SummerSlam with his title and becoming more popular by the minute, perhaps even on the verge of a face turn (which I think is a mistake), Eddie Guerrero is the hottest property on either show at the moment in my opinion. I came very close to giving him the top spot again this month, but...

Picking the top guy this month was very difficult. Yes, Eddie is still on fire, but there have been other guys going strong recently as well. Kurt Angle made Lesnar tap out, Y2J made Nash cut his hair, Lesnar, though losing at SummerSlam, is in the midst of a decent heel turn, 'Taker's on a roll again, Kane is hot (pun intended), and Triple H literally upset the world by retaining his title in the chamber.

Based on victories, competition, character spots, match quality and overall over-ness, I don't think anyone on the roster has managed to outshine Eddie this month either. Benoit, Rhyno, Tajiri, Cena have all suffered losses to him, and his character continues to grow and evolve. It was a tough call, but Eddie is still my pick as Superstar of the Month.

Honorable mentions to Trips, Angle and Y2J (if only he had won the chamber!)
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2003, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Re: August's Superstar of the Month: Tough Call...

Quote:
Originally posted by HeelFace
I came very close to giving him the top spot again this month, but...

It was a tough call, but Eddie is still my pick as Superstar of the Month.
Why did you say 'but' and then turn around give it to him? I'm not disagreeing with you, just confused by your wording.

Also...

Quote:
Originally posted by HeelFace
perhaps even on the verge of a face turn (which I think is a mistake)
He's actually been a face for a while. Everywhere he goes people cheer for him. WWE was marketing him as a heel, but the fans cheered him. I guarantee that if he goes through this 'face change' he will continue to win via sneaky cheating.

Anyways, my pick for the month would have been Cena, but he didn't have a SS match which disappointed me. His promos are great every single week. His matches are great. He has a lot of intensity, especially on this week's SmackDown.

My pick is Angle and Guerrero. Both have been entertaining as hell and have put on great matches every time they perform. There's no way I could choose between the two.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2003, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Ok I know I'm gonna catch some heat for this but I don't care.
RVD gets my vote,I think he's played out the angle with Kane very well,it's such a shame that someone else always takes the bow for his work.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2003, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Totally agree Stick! I had Cena on my short list too, but not even being on the card at SummerSlam took him out. Maybe next month.
All I meant by the "but" was that this month was a tough call while last month was not.
Angle came close as well, as did Y2J, Trips, and even Undertaker. Guerrero pulled it out because the fans are so into whatever he does.
Sorry, bad girl, but I just don't think RVD has done anything tremendous recently. Yes, he's a great performer, but he's desperately in need of a good angle that can get him a few victories.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2003, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Angle all the way. His come back, getting the belt and putting everybody in their place along the way. Angle says "SIT DOWN BROCK, SIT DOWN HAIR TRAIN, SIT DOWN BIG SLOW I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS LIKE 4 TIMES THIS YEAR ALONE, SIT DOWN BIZOTCHES CUZ THE OLYMPIC HERO IS BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE OH IT'S TRUE IT'S TRUE!!!"

Yep, Angle's the man.

Eddie is on a streak for sure. I made a thread a few months ago about how Cena and Eddie could get over as faces even by being heals, because they are doing their job so well. And Eddies show in El Paso just cemented the deal. He's gonna still be a sneaky fucker and the fans are lapping it up. He totally deserves it and he's got such a strong gimmick and character going right now, I'd be suprised to not see him going after the championship in a few months if not sooner.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2003, 03:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Superstar of the month: Kurt Angle

Superstar of the year: John Cena
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2003, 03:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Lethal One!

Lethal is on a distinguished road

i say kane hehe
Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2003, 03:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Superstar of the month 4 Raw - Goldberg

Superstar of the month for SD - Eddie
Old 04 Sep 2003, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
feared by some loved by 0

Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Disco Stu

My vote is Jericho, I realize he hasn't won all that much, but for the last month or two he has been really under appreciated, and should have won the title at Summerslam, he comes out week after week and cuts great promos, he managed to make the feud between himself and Kevin Nash interesting and continues to entertain week in and week out
Old 06 Sep 2003, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

StoneColdRulz is the absolute WORST poster everStoneColdRulz is the absolute WORST poster everStoneColdRulz is the absolute WORST poster everStoneColdRulz is the absolute WORST poster everStoneColdRulz is the absolute WORST poster everStoneColdRulz is the absolute WORST poster everStoneColdRulz is the absolute WORST poster ever

raw: jericho

SD:angle
StoneColdRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2003, 07:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

#1Kane_A_Nite66 is on a distinguished road

RAW: Kane

SD: Taker

lol B.O.D. (Brothers of Destruction)
#1Kane_A_Nite66 is offline   Reply With Quote