ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The Game - Champion For A Reason

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Wiseguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wiseguy
Default The Game - Champion For A Reason

*Note: I seen 2 threads of Triple H already, I know things are situated in a way that anymore threads for Triple H gets annoying, well this is a different thread because I have a different point to it then others.

This may be a difficult topic for most people, but I feel it needs to be said. Triple H is one of the most hated people in the wrestling business because the ties he has and people don't get around to looking what he actually does then jumping on him for his relationship with the bosses daughter, having that Kliq mentality, and helping the creative team with ideas. Sure it's suspiscious but is it in anyway confirmed or true? No wrestler, out of the company, has bad mouthed Triple H, they said he didn't do them any harm.

Here's a man that is committed to the business, he eats, sleeps, and breaths for the business. It's something he worked so hard to acheive and something he wants to still be apart of when he hangs up the boots.

What has been the most intriguing part of Raw these past few months? Kane's new character, Co-GMs, and Evolution. Many stables have tried to reclaim fame but never worked. Evolution has caught on and many people absolutley love the concept, the idea, the group itself, and every member inside it. Triple H is the figurehead. His role has significantly dropped for what I still think is Creative Control finding something else to focus on then the World Championship. Why can't you look towards that perspective? Triple H has been a marked man since he dated Stephanie.

I am a man that didn't like Triple H because of the things read on the internet and most of which seemed to be true, and may in fact have truth to most of them; However, I have refocused because he is one of the best reasons to watch Raw. His character is appealing, his matches, although slow, are methodical, and has great psychology and ring awareness... Not to mention he tells a story better then almost anyone in the WWE.

Who else should be champion?

Booker T? In all honesty, he isn't better then Triple H. Booker T has average microphone skills. He doesn't have great microphone skills, it's just good. Most Superstars are able to curve their promos to keep the crowds attention and hook them to something different during every promo that get the fan's response. He has catchphrases and that seems like the only thing that makes the crowd respond. He shows no emotion, no real effort to keep the crowd into his promos, and it seems he just skates threw his speech to hit his high-note ('Suckaaa').

Booker T had great wrestling skills but ever since coming to WWE and evolving around the Sports Entertainment aspect of it, Booker T has become increasingly sloppy, stale with the same moves, and inneffective on the way some of his moves land and the way his punches or kicks connect. He has very weak punches and chops and he often seems a little too quick to transition, not to mention the obvious overused moveset. His facial expressions in the ring are minimal, and his selling could use some work.
---
Shawn Michaels? Shawn Michaels, although still good in the ring, has lost his ability to entertain on the microphone. In addition, he isn't the ideal man to carry a person threw a match because he has his own self to worry about, and that being his back. Add the fact that he wrestles very infrequently, he isn't right for the Championship.
---
Kevin Nash? Kevin Nash is past his prime, if you can even say he had a prime. His microphone skills are still pretty good, the crowd in attendence still loves him; However, see how I underlined attendence? He is a star that people cheer when he comes out but not a wrestler that most casual fans take a liking to and the primary reason isn't that they go to shows is to see him, it's someone else, but since he has a big name and a very good established past, they cheer for him because he has a big name. It's always been like that. The first superstar to come out during Heat that has name appeal, they instantly just cheer like mad, not because they went out and seen him but because he has an established name. Kevin Nash is horrid in the ring, he has a limited move list and is barely able to have someone ELSE to carry him to a good match.
---
Bill Goldberg? Possibly, although right now he hasn't done much and can only work one style of match to keep the fans entertained and his character viable, and that being a squash power match. Something most should not partake in because it really ruins their credibility as future contenders.
---
Chris Jericho? Although he would be the perfect choice out of everyone, his size, his look, and his status (Heel) all effects a decision.
---
Steve Austin? No longer able to wrestle, even when he did for that short while at WrestleMania 19, his wrestling ability had greatly decreased and his match with The Rock was Rock carrying Austin threwout the entire match, when the last two WrestleMania's that they hooked up at (17 and 15) Austin was the one carrying Rock threw the match, moreso then the other way around. Austin also has promos now that are still featured on the dim 'What?' chants and for a Champion, you have to have energetic, emotional, and innovative promos and they must be different. Austin would be doing the same thing over and over and his reign as Champion would probably be much more brutal for the fact that his promos and wrestling would be exposed as something done over and over again, just with a different color, and something fans would consider dull.
---
Rob Van Dam? Spot machine and a sloppy wrestler. He can sometimes be uncareful and unprotective for his opponents. The first step in being a good worker is that your opponents risk of injury must be focused on first and yourself second. To me, it something he has never done. In ECW he was known as the Mr. Potato Shots, as he would be so stiff that everyone would bleed when they worked with him, and this brought over to the beginning of his WWF tenure.
---
Kane? This will probably be the number one answer to who they believe should take their place because of the renewed interest in his character but he got boring for a reason. His promos, his matches, and his segments had been lacking far lower then most people. His matches alone are no where suited for a man of his caliber, name recognition, and definetly not good enough to be a World Champion.

Kane also has to work with people much better then him to pull off a good match. He hits the same spots every match and it is very obvious when something will come about.

His transitions are slow and take the heat out of matches sometimes, his moves always connect fairly well but his punches are extremely weak and not believable. Emotion is something needed in a match and eventhough you couldn't tell with face emotion when he had his mask on all those years, he never quite interacted with the fans or played to the crowd when going for a profile move.
---
Scott Steiner? We all seen his flop matches with Triple H and he was the major reason the matches went horrid and to add to that nail in the coffin, he has a tendency to flub up his lines and not protect his opponent fairly well... Rather, he does something hard enough to make the move look devastating in his aersonal, and therefore that helps him look more of a monster, and the fans respond to that.
---
Ric Flair? Past his prime, still has a few good matches in him but he is no longer to carry a broom to a good match. He isn't the ideal Champion because he has also stated that he doesn't wanna work a full schedule and that is what his wrestling role has been decreased and cut back, quite a bit.
---
Mick Foley? It's rumored to be true that he will return to the ring and although I would love to see him as Champion in the future for nostalgic reasons, but for the argument sake in this thread, it has no relevence to my point and my point being Triple H has been the Champion for a reason.

Triple H has never been a favorite of mine since he came back, but he really is the best Raw has to offer and has the title for a reason.

Disagree? Agree? Please post your thoughts, this took forever to write!

WNW Forums
- Administrator
WrestleFX Forums - Administrator

Wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Wiseguy....Great post....There are a select few...Who praise Thy World Champion HHH, myself included....These other heathens detest Our World Champion...

Why.....(HHH Mark Turned Off)

The reason the IWC hate HHH...The one true and only reason...They are midless sheep...They have no self-awareness... They take whatever they see for fact...Case in point...HHH is THEE most-hated athlete in the world of Sports Entertainment... By God, He's doing his job...HHH IS A HEEL...You aren't supposed to like him...That is what the WWE wants...The IWC (Crazed Lunatic Marks such as Dico Stu) read dirt sheets and have some crazed fantasy that they are in the locker room of every WWE show seeing the evil that is HHH....They come on the internet and spew out lies about how HHH held this wrestler down or the ratings went down hill when HHH became Champ....To use a quote from Steve Austin..." Ah An, BS!"....The simple fact is marks go off the deep end when their favourite wrestlers JOBS to HHH... And they come on here and cry about how HHH is killing wrestling...HHH is the modern day Ric Flair...In the NWA...Ric Flair was the most hated man alive...Marks cried bloddy murder every time that fat piece of garbage Dusty Rhodes or Barry Windham would lose to The Nature Boy...If there was internet back then...The same shit would be goin' on now...No Wiseguy...You are correct in all your assumptions....What you have stated is FACT...Not "Matt Boone" lies....And I commend you for a great post...

(HHH Mark Turn On)

Side Note: Jobber T JOBBED to HHH at Wrestlemania XIX...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wiseguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wiseguy

Well, I'm sure others will refute my claim but they need to read what I said first because many people just jump to the conclusion and write themselves a novel against the idea. Well, read what I said first, it's detailed and gives the reason as to why he IS champion for a reason. I know why the IWC hates Triple H, but I'm asking others to look and read the other side of the fence.

WNW Forums
- Administrator
WrestleFX Forums - Administrator

Wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2003, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

So you're essentially saying, Trips is champ by default...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2003, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

No...What he is sayin' is...All the wrestlers on RAW are jobbers except for Jericho and HHH...And HHH defeated Jericho at Wrestlemania XVIII....Therefore he is YOUR World Heavyweight Champion because no jobber should hold the World Title...

Side Note: Due to Jericho's alliance with HHH...He is not considered a jobber...

9 Times....
Old 28 Aug 2003, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Re: The Game - Champion For A Reason

Quote:
Quote:
Torn quad, May 2001. Finished the tag match against Benoit/Jericho and even took a Walls of Jericho on the announcer's table.

Yes
Not only that, but didn't he also finish the first EC match with a crushed trachea and could barely breathe? Didn't they put him on a ventilator and stretcher him to a hospital via ambulance where he proceeded to spend 2 days?

I'm not a huge fan of Trips, but I know that him holding the belt this long is good for business. He is bringing credibility back to what was a worthless title that was held by Arquette and Russo.

What gets me in this thread, is Stu keeps saying the belt was handed to HHH. He still wrestled a match THAT night for the title. If they would have made it so it was Flair vs HHH for the belt (without 'giving' it to either beforehand) then no one would be bitching. He still had a match that night for the belt so either way, he would have walked out the champion. Stop using that argument, it's worthless.

Also, there really isn't anyone on Raw who deserves to be the champ. Let's take a look at some of the stars from the roster.

Steiner - Has been. His feud with Test is decent, and his matches have improved from when he debuted, but he still is mediocre in ring wise.

RVD - He sucks. His matches suck. His promos suck. He uses all the same moves that annoy me week in and week out. He occasionally will have a nice spot, but most of the time he bores me.

Goldberg - He has 4 moves tops. Sure his spots in the EC match were impressive, but it's nothing new. He hits the press into a slam, a spear through the plexiglass, then like 3 other spears and jackhammers with punches and kicks thrown in. Very boring stuff. All his matches are boring. He has no repertoire.

Booker T - I like him and was hoping he would win at Mania, but like people said, his matches weren't that great. They were kinda sloppy and the timing was off. He's injured now and might not return. Sucks to be him.

Nash - He sucks. His matches suck. The only thing he's any good at doing is brawling. He's so god damn slow and just looks ridiculous in the ring. He needs to retire.

Jericho - He's the best worker on Raw. If he were to beat HHH in a one on one match and win the title, it would be huge. He should be next the champ and do it in a couple months, but that probably won't happen.

Kane - He has a great storyline going right now, but why isn't he having any matches really? They should be lining people up for him to destroy. Instead, he chains people up and threatens to burn them. Put him in some matches to get him over even more, and I don't mean in matches against Bischoff where he gets counted out either.

HBK - He can still put on great matches, but he had his title reign. He can't really carry the title for a long period of time anymore. He still has it though.

Triple H has sacrificed his body for this industry. He deserves where he is. I don't like it though that he still has the belt when he can't wrestle on a regular basis, but there isn't anyone else that is deserving to hold that strap, aside from Jericho maybe.

Also, neither champ is a paper champion. Both are deserving to be where they are. Angle is the best worker in the business and puts on 5 star matches every night. He has matches every week and competes against great talent every week. I hope that he has a lengthy title reign as well. Not as long as H's, but long enough that it isn't being passed around like Steph

That's what I said in another post a few days ago, so I thank you for ripping me off

Also, as for this part....

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiseguy
No wrestler, out of the company, has bad mouthed Triple H, they said he didn't do them any harm.
I'm not saying the dirt sheets or whatever is true, but say he does have as much backstage power as it's claimed, who in the right mind would speak out? If they were to speak out against him, off to Heat/Velocity with them. Think about it 'wiseguy'....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2003, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

nah, Jericho's a jobber. He lost like 23 ppv matches in a row. But he's still the best.

I was actually just thinking about this when I went to get some lunch. HHH beat all those ppl. And he made them into loser's and jobbers, they looked weak and they all suffered because of it. Now, HHH is running out of opponents. Kane could have won the title for 3 months or so and trips could have taken it back and still had the take off the mask stip, but instead HHH made kane look like a fool, and sticking him with rvd (another of trips bitches btw) didn't help any. Then you could possibly have Kane being another top guy for trips to fued with, and that's always a good thing.

What would it have meant if they gave Flair HIS belt instead of trips and thanked him and all? It would have been huge. Flair could have held it for a cpl weeks and then dropped it to HHH in some sort of we-respect-each-other-match. It would have made Flair look like a still top contender, made trips look like gold, and made their alliance still solid.

What if Booker had won at WM? That would have made him instantly a huge star again. He could have carried on a nice long fued with HHH instead of playing screw job with Christian. Booker of course would have dropped it of course within 2 months, prolly back to HHH or possibly even Nash before Trips gets it back.

There are lots of senarios where someone could have been made, and they weren't. And what I once thought of as a good thing to legitamize the belt, I now see it has detrimental because the focus shifts away from who is champ to what else is going on ie. Kane etc.

And I know you don't buy into your HHH gimmick so you gotta give me something ooc

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 28 Aug 2003, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

If Jobber T had won at Wrestlemania...His back would have broke four weeks later and Trips would have had to save the company again...

Yes...Flair could have been given the World Championship...There could have been a huge celebration...And there was...Off the air...LOL...After he lost to Trips...

Kane first must show that he can headline without the title...And draw...Like HHH did when he beat that Texas Red Neck wife beatin' Rattlesnake in the Three Stages of Hell Match...

Side Note: There is no one on RAW who can hold the World Title............................................. ............................Except HHH

9 Times....
Old 28 Aug 2003, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

^you're supposed to be ooc, cheater

Kane is out drawing trips. It seems to me that HHH needs to show he can headline without the belt.

Booker was months away from injury, and HHH is injured every week, so that argument goes straight out the window. Hell, tripster has allready had to vacant 2 titles because of injury lol.

Flair paid for that belt out of his own pocket and built that company up from next to nothing. That's what's called saving the company.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 28 Aug 2003, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

I'm sorry...I forgot

If Booker T had won the belt only to drop it due to an injury would be a catastrophe to the WWE....Instead of weeks and or months to plan for a title change...They may have had to wing and not only does it ruin months of planning...It is horrible TV...A la Intercontinental Championship...It doesn't go out the window because HHH can still be in character on RAW...Booker T would be in a wheel-chair eating from a spoon...

In the short-term...Yes Kane has drawn...So did Goldberg though...After years of being a stale-ass panzie, Kane finally has a half-decent gimmick...The real story happens at Unforgiven...If he jobs to Shane...TNA...If Shane has one offensive move in that match.......Kane's one day title reign will have been enough...And this time...It's not Trips' fault...It's the McMahon's...

Flair sold that title back to WCW for $75,000,and sued WCW the day Nash killed the 4 Horsemen...LOL.... And what the hell did his first WWF run have...Not even a money match with Hulk Hogan...Pfft...

*Back into character*

Side Note: Hurricane, RVD,Kane, Flair, Jericho,Austin,Rock, Michaels,Nash,William...They all JOBBED to HHH...

9 Times....