ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

RAW: Hands down...pile of shit!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2003, 05:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road
Default RAW: Hands down...pile of shit!!!

Sorry to rip off your thread title Slashhh, but I had to counter your RAW appreciation thread with one from a different point of view. Here are the reasons I think RAW doesn't measure up.

1. Poor PPV performances - See SummerSlam? The Elimination chamber was terrible. One of the worst main events I can remember. Shane/Bischoff was boring, the TAG title match was garbage...this stuff shouldn't be on a PPV like SummerSlam. I admit the Kane/RVD match was good, but one decent match on a PPV, come on! The last few RAW PPVs haven't been much better either, mainly because their main events sucked ass...

2. Crappy "Main Events" - The last few RAW main events on PPV have been garbage. Dating back to Trips winning back his title, he has defended it in slow, tedious, boring match after slow, tedious, boring match. I like Hunter, but there simply isn't enough talent on the RAW roster to make this guy look good any more, and there are too many gimmick matches for his title. Nash? Steiner? Trips can't carry these guys to a decent match any more. And need I again mention the elimination chamber? Holy crap, that was so boring I actually started reading while it was happening and just listened to see who won. SD's matches, however, were pretty good and made the show worth watching.

3. The Champions - Angle puts on solid performance after steller performance after incredible performance. Granted, he has Lesnar to work with, but even his match last week on SD versus Show was good. Trips (injured, I know) hasn't been performing well lately. His opponents have been horrible and his condition does't help, but whatever the reason, he's been looking pretty poor recently.

4. Piss-poor segments - like the Linda/Bischoff piece done last week on RAW. Okay, the SD stuff isn't much better, but there does't seem to be as much of it crapifying the show and making it stupid. I admit, though, that I like the La Resistance segments recently. Kane's segments have been predictable and monotonous recently too. Lighting someone on fire was done a long time ago...by Kane no less. Something new would be nice. I know, everything's been done before.

5. You already know this one...wrestling. Sure, sometimes the SD matches get a bit repetitive, but at least there is some wrestling taking place. I haven't seen a quality match on RAW for weeks (except for Y2J matches). One guy doesn't make a two-hour program, however.

6. I'm gonna say it...Jim Ross. His shtick is wearing very thin. Hearing him try to make every little thing that happens sound like the end of the world seriously makes me cringe. "MY GOD, MY GOD!!! WHAT IN THE HELL?? I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! THAT NO-GOOD SON AF A...THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!! HE"S GONNA HAVE HELL TO PAY!!! HELL....TO.....PAY!!!!" - J.R. watching an episode of As The World Turns. Cole and Tazz aren't great either, but J.R. is getting rediculous.

7. Women's matches - Sorry, they suck the life out of the show. Even if the rest of the show has been good, a women's match comes along to kill the buzz. I know SD has the occasional one, but not nearly as often thank God.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do like Triple H and Y2J, even Orton and Flair, and Goldberg still has some appeal, but other than that, what's the point of watching? If it wasn't for those few guys, I wouldn't. SD, on the other hand, has Angle, Lesnar, Eddie (best matches and gimmick going right now, I'd say), Cena, Benoit, Rey and Matt Hardy all doing their own thing making the show interesting. I do like the Austin/Bischoff chemistry too, but it's getting old.

I know a lot of people prefer RAW, I just don't see why. I thnik I just like watching in-ring stuff more than backstage stuff, and RAW hasn't been able to deliver good in-ring performances for a while.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2003, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

No problem HeelFace....

1. SummerSlam was a joint production between RAW and Smackdown...The SummerSlam PPV was built on The Elimination Chamber Match...Not The Smackdown Title Match...Other than the Smackdown Title Match and The US Title Match...What other Smackdown matches are even worth repeating...

2.As far as Buy Rates are concerned...It's what's on the paper that matters...HHH Vs. Nash was a HITC...And heavily hyped... What does it matter if you have **** star matches if your buyrate is 225,000....

3.Angle is the MVP of WWE...But Smackdown is to RAW what Thunder was to Nitro...Trips is The CHAMP on the Flagship show...He has held the belt for 7 or 8 months...He has had a high-profile match with every superstar on RAW...Angle has faced Lesnar and Show...Any other names...I thought so....

4. Smackdown has the advantage of being taped and rehearsed...Dear god if Smackdown was live...The WWE would be fucked straight to hell...

5. True, but each show lacks what the other has...Perhaps the reasoning behind the Brand Extension...Makes sense...

6.Ever since Gorilla and Heenan left...Vince, JR and King could only do so much...It hasn't got better since....

7.The women are on screen for men to watch...The men don't watch the women wrestle...They just watch the women...Simple enough...

Every competitor on RAW has more than likely been in a Title Feud with HHH...Hell even Ric Flair...TWICE....On the Smackdown end...The rotation is Lesnar,Giant and Angle...I haven't seen Guerrero,Benoit or Rhyno in the contention...Never...So Benoit and Guerrero can wrestle their ***** matches opening Smackdown for Steph and Vince....

The reason people watch RAW....The Star Power...The Entertainment...What show has...HHH...Rock... Austin... Goldberg...Bischoff...Jericho...Nash.....RAW...And that is why people wacth it....

If you want ***** matches...Rent a Misawa tape from All Japan...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2003, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Quote:
Originally posted by SLASHHH

3.Angle is the MVP of WWE...But Smackdown is to RAW what Thunder was to Nitro...Trips is The CHAMP on the Flagship show...He has held the belt for 7 or 8 months...He has had a high-profile match with every superstar on RAW...Angle has faced Lesnar and Show...Any other names...I thought so...

Sorry Slash i respect you and everything but i suggest you change your gimmick cause unfortunatley, you and Truth, the two best HHH marks out here are going to be sadly dissapointed when Goldberg beats Trips out at Unforgiven cause he isn't going to retire
Old 26 Aug 2003, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

RAW last night, was a disgrace.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2003, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

^^^considering the fact that Goldberg is guareented the win at Unforgiven........yea
Old 27 Aug 2003, 05:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yeah RAW Did suck, Hell I think I ended up Watching Daria at the end of the night swear to god DARIA! That shit was more entertaining then Jericho having to go easy on the boss's son.

Probably the highlight of the night was when Orton Sweet Chin Musiced Maven, I have to agree Orton is the future of the company.... Well until it goes broke.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

You know why raw sucked,because the game needed a match,yeah,thats it...
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

no it was jericho not in a quality match... and shane doesn't count as quality if he doesn't do what he is made to which is take major bumps...

Highlight's HIGHLIGHT of the night!: knowing now that goldberg is going to win at unforgiven which means y2j might get a shot at winning the title at a pay-per-view soon! Oh yeah, and eating my beef pot pie! BEEFY!
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Raw was a pile of shit. It was fuckin terrible. I can't even really remember anything about it. Kurt was tellin me how funny the Coach segment was, but I was so bored by that point that I could have given 2 shits less. The WWE really dropped the ball with Cade and Jindrak. I don't give a rat's ass about them. Wanna know why? Because they didn't debut them at the same time with a tag team name. Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak just doesn't have the same ring as The Bashem Brothers or Team Angle (now known as The World's Greatest tag Team). This S.H.I.T. shit is sooooo laaaaame. I swear, the main eventers they have are too old or too crippled to even wrestle so they have an entire show with mid carders and jobbers wrestling. What's even more pathetic, is even if Trips were to drop the belt due to his injuries, there isn't anyone that is worthy to hold it aside of Jericho. The rest of the Raw roster is garbage ass mid carders, jobbers, and has beens. That show was getting better, but HHH's groin injury really killed it. Terrible fucking show that needs to improve quickly....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Default Re: RAW: Hands down...pile of shit!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by HeelFace
1. Poor PPV performances - See SummerSlam? The Elimination chamber was terrible. One of the worst main events I can remember.
You gotta be fucking kidding, the elimination chamber was amazing, when of the best main event's of the year.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Re: Re: RAW: Hands down...pile of shit!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCK-BERG-SHOW
You gotta be fucking kidding, the elimination chamber was amazing, when of the best main event's of the year.
I agree. I thought the EC match was sweet as hell. I don't like Goldberg at all, but his spots in that match were awesome.

He couldn't wrestle to save his life, but he definitely thrives in gimmick type matches like the Elimination Chamber.

I thought that SS overall was great too. The match order had me confused though. The Angle vs Lesnar match was the match of the night and had me on a super high, then that high was killed off by RVD vs Kane. Don't get me wrong, that was a solid match, but should NOT have followed Lesnar vs Angle. The US Title match was great. Taker vs A Train was solid as well. If it was boring, it was because of Taker because A Train has been entertaining as of late and his matches have definitely improved along with his moveset. Dudley Boyz vs La Resitance was enjoyable too. I'm not sure if I have left any matches off, but I thoroughly enjoyed the PPV. The Raw after was a TERRIBLE let down though....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2003, 11:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I thought Brock/Kurt match could have been better and Brock shouldnt have tapped
Old 28 Aug 2003, 01:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I think that the whole Brand Extension is killing PPVs. I thought Summerslam of 2002 (which in my opinion, may have been the best PPV ever) and followed it up with the Summerslam of 2003 (one of the worst PPVs ever). I don't care that HHH won, I care that the match lasted 5 minutes after Goldberg eliminated Jericho. If the match had gone longer, and HHH and Goldberg actually wrestled, it would have been great. I think every match had at least one screwup, most notably Kurt and Brock. Brock goes for the F-5, Angle tries to reverse it, and they both slip and fall. They could have just dropped that spot, but they decided to try it again. All I can say is that ring must have slippery, because Rey slipped, Kane slipped and Kurt and Brock slipped. Smackdown! does have just 3 or 4 guys going after the title. I mean I turn it on one week, its Angle vs. Big Show, then Lesnar then it starts again. Taker hasn't been in the title hunt for awhile, neither has anyone else. RAW gives chances to everyone, at least. I still think that both shows aren't really managed by general managers, its still Vinnie Mac. I personally like the SHIT angle, gave us a chance to see that girl from TE2. Michael Cole and Tazz are annoying, I like what they are doing with Coach, and Stone Cold is still very entertaining. Overall, I still think RAW is better.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Personally, I think RAW also has the most entertaining man on the entire roster, the Hurricane. If you read the Summerslam report on Prowrestlingfans, the guy wrote that people were complaining on how the Hurricane wasn't at the PPV.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2003, 03:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Darkness

Darkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improve

Why wasn't the Hurricane on the PPV, that made no sense.

And as far as HHH losing, hate to say it but HHH is keeping the "HHH" Title for life. If HHH wins the match with Goldberg, then I won't be on the board for one solid month starting after Unforgiven.
Shannon Moore
All WCW/ECW stars
Darkness Wave is offline   Reply With Quote