ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

RAW,Hands Down The Better Show...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2003, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default RAW,Hands Down The Better Show...

When discussion of the two WWE shows are at hand...You usually hear about how Smackdown is the better show...The wrestling matches are better....The "wrestlers" are on Smackdown....To take a line from Stone Cold..."Ah An, BS"...RAW is hands down at the moment the better show, period...

Star Power -

RAW- RAW has it all...Stone Cold, Goldberg,HHH (Our World Champion), Jericho, HBK, Bischoff, Kane, Jericho....Top of the line names in the industry...They make you tune into RAW week in and week out

Storylines -

The emergence of Kane as the top tier player on RAW was ingenious....One week jobbin' with RVJob my ass to TNA to becomin' the monster heel Lesnar only wishes he could become

Wrestling -

Jericho and Michaels....RVD...HHH...Flair...All very different styles that add contrast....Unlike Smackdown's "Let's see how many Release German Suplexes I can do before your neck snaps" motto which can only lead to redundancy....

General Manager -

Austin and Bischoff are the perfect tandum....They add hiliarity and are the perfect bridge in which storylines and matches can be made...Smackdown on the other hand is seriously hampered by the "McMahon's must be on ALL WWE television AT ALL TIMES" attitude....

Entertainment -

I must admit....I do tune into to Smackdown to hear Michale Cole and Taz...The modern day Gorilla and Heenan .....From Goldberg to Austin...Nash to HBK...HHH to Bischoff...Flair to Steiner...There isn't a dull moment on RAW...Well,there are many...But that's Gerwitz's fault...Smackdown has the "We Have Guys Who Are Over The Hill And Guys Who Aren't Even On The Hill" attitude where other than Angle,Guerrero and Benoit...Their talent is spread thin....Not a good approach to an already shitty product...

From top caliber stars to interesting storylines....Week in and week out...No matter how shitty the storyline...RAW stays afloat,even when jobbers like Hurricane and Rodney Mack stink up RAW... As RAW seems to be gainin'momentum... Smackdown seems to be goin' into the opposite direction.... From havin' Taker defeat Cena only to have A-Train crush him a week later makes no sense what so ever...You have one of the best heels in the business, Rhyno, jobbin' to a less than satisfying Tajiri...The horrid Gowan/Vince/Sable/Stephanie feud is just plain god-awful....Bischoff/Linda is no better though...The fact is....Wrestling can not save the WWE....Entertainment can....If wrestling could save wrestling....ROH wouldn't be performing in a 2 dollar piece of trash gym....LMFAO....RAW is the future of wrestling....And it will save the WWE....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2003, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

More over recently from what i have seened Raw has been more entertaining, and fun to watch, while SD has had problems making sense of what ther're doing.......However on a quilty scale of skills and wrestling SD is better. They have better wrestling match's, the inring talent is better over there, and if they had respectable storylines that made since Raw wouldn't even be able to compete.....But for now I have no real problems with saying Raw is doing good, and SD needs some work

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2003, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Raw is the better show if you are an old school WWF and wCw fan but if you are into just straight up wrestling and have always been just a fan of The WWE only you may like Smackdown a little better.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2003, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

There is no...If you are a fan of this or if you are a fun of that... RAW is the better show,period.... Wrestling... Entertainment... Stars... Relavance....Everybody cries about how HHH is The World Champion...Take a look at Smackdown....Vince takes Heyman away...Only to have himself in the World Title Angle...You may like Smackdown more than RAW....But that doesn't take away from the fact RAW is the better show....

9 Times....
Old 24 Aug 2003, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Cenotaph is on a distinguished road

Hey Slash, you do realize that not everyone is going to agree with you and a lot of people do like Smackdown better than Raw because they want to see COMPETITION IN THE RING, not competition on the microphone. Ok when you're watching Raw that overweight queer Jim Ross never even talks about the match, he's talking about Shawn Michaels or whatever, while the pedophile Jerry Lawler only looks at the divas and has forgotten about wrestling. And maybe people are sick of seeing HHH with that title on his shoulder. HHH is only the champion because of the McMahons. You wanna know why RVD keeps jobbing? Plain and simple, because HHH wants to make him look week so he doesn't have to give him another title shot. That and HHH is still pissed off about the five star frogsplash that RVD gave him at Surivivor Series in the Elimination Chamber match. Did you notice why RVD wasn't wrestling at the following pay per view? Because HHH had him put at The World. I watch Raw more often than Smackdown, but that's because I'm a Jericho fan. And as long as HHH is in the company no talented wrestler will get to hold the title.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 12:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

In my earlier statement....I made it clear you can have a differing opinion...You can also say The Clippers are better than The LAkers...But the fact is RAW is and always will be better than Smackdown....Smackdown has had many years to catch up to RAW...It has yet to...So my earlier claim is still true...As for RVD... RVD is jobbin' because he has had the same "stale" gimmick since ECW...In ECW, RVD had a great gimmick, a great manager with Bill Alphonso and great feuds with Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer....After the Invasion, RVD did nothin' to elevate his worth, unlike many other top tier superstars...But of course, you can be that raving lunatic mark who believes HHH is the root of all the World's problems...Or you can come to the fact RAW is the better show on all fronts....

P.S. Have fun watching RVD job to Amazing Red on TNA....

9 Times....
Old 24 Aug 2003, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

RVD gimmick hasn't changed in the course of a decade, he is hurting himself, by being a face with a steel gimmick. SD has many disadvantages, like not being a live show and internet fans posting results before the show even airs. If SD had as much effort put into it as Raw did then it wouldn't be in the state that it is in right now; after all SD is where the better talent is, just not half the effort that is put forth as Raw

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2003, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

you know it's funny that Slash seems to take the Truth's side on everything, it's obvious that the only reason that is because Slash doesn't know shit about wrestling. and as for RVD's gimmick being the same, yes i agree with that, but he doesn't get any say in his character.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Truth's side...LOL...I don't see Truth in this thread...I don't see Truth as the Thread Starter....No....All I see is Slash...The HHH gimmick was simply that...A gimmick...A gimmick me and Truth started...You can look in numerous threads...Ex. Bret Hart...And we have differing opinions....You can say I don't know shit about wrestling (Which I Do)....But I don't even know who you are....So what is your point...RVJob My Sorry Ass to American Dragon in ROH has only himself to blame...Dre himself said RVD is his own worst enemy...A man who cannot change with the times only becomes that....And where is ECW...Gone....Hmmm....Bye Bye RVD...

9 Times....
Old 24 Aug 2003, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Listen you wanna go? I'm from Canada too. I have no problem coming by to kick your ass!!

Last edited by Cenotaph; 24 Aug 2003 at 05:49 PM.
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2003, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

LMAO....No no my friend...You want to go to Nashville...That's where RVMy Ass Is Goin' To Job To Glen Gilberti will be...Have fun at the fair....

9 Times....
Old 24 Aug 2003, 05:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Oh yeah, or we can have a Hog Pen match, because I know you'd like to roll around in shit like HHH. HHH stands for HOMO HUNTING HELMSLY.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 06:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Is that one supposed to hurt my feelings...Much like RVD...You yourself are a jobber...And we all know the reason Billy Boy Alphonso blew on that whistle...When RVBilly You Know Where To Stick It came into the back, Billy was all warmed up blowin' on that whistle...Why do you think RVD is mellow all the time...

9 Times....
Old 24 Aug 2003, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

listen here Slash the Shit Man Pac, if you got beef with me you bring your ass down to T.O. and you'll be the one to job. And i'm talking in a fight i don't mean you giving a blow job.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 06:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

LMAO...That was WEAK my friend...No...No I'm not talking about The RVD "WEEK"...You know, how each WEEK he'll get a meedly ass pay cheque workin' at the fair ground...How each WEEK RVD will job to Glen Gilberti, Elix Skipper, Kid Kash...And in that order...Hell, even RVD will eventually job to me... LMFAO... Hell,even in a video game...RVD's ass is jobbin'...Look familiar... LMFAO...I'm done with you jobber...

9 Times....