ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Vengeance Buy-Rate Shockingly low..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2003, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default Vengeance Buy-Rate Shockingly low..

Various sources are saying the Vengeance buyrate, according to early estimates, could've been on the low-end of the 200,000 to 300,000 buy range.

While the general fan reaction was that the show was good, this clearly shows the weakness in the hard split. SmackDown! generally does not carry the storyline/star power element that RAW does. Obviously, with SmackDown! doing a worse buyrate than Bad Blood (which didn't do well as it is), it shows that it takes more than quality wrestling to sell a WWE PPV.

Of course, there is the argument that the disappointment with Bad Blood caused fans to move on, without ordering Vengeance. Either way, this shows that the hard split idea is just not working too well.

credit:PW
Old 18 Aug 2003, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Darkness

Darkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improve

Ding ding. Split PPV is the shittiest move they ever made. And you know what doesn't help besides being predictable, which I think WWE likes, it's the PPVs costing near $40 a month. But oh no, Vince is gonna keep it 'cause he wants to have a sucky PPV. He's in "Sucky PPV" Syndrome. I'm not saying Vengeance was bad, I'm saying that the whole idea should be killed, don't work.
Shannon Moore
All WCW/ECW stars
Darkness Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^shut the fuck up and come back when you know what you're talking about

As for the low buyrates, it's more because of the current state of wrestling than anything else. I would say 300,000 would be a good number for a smaller ppv. It's not wm or summerslam or anything, it's Vengence, and it's not going to do as well. This is just wrestling reporter bullshit trying to spin something out of control for the sake of saying the split isn't working or whatever grudge is on the agenda.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Darkness

Darkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improve

Shut the fuck off you hating bastard. I'm saying that it could be the PPVs are getting over pricy too. Read the whole thing 1st before you judge.
Shannon Moore
All WCW/ECW stars
Old 18 Aug 2003, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

LOL, touch a nerve there. Sorry your broke punk ass can't afford a couple bucks a month for a show. Just go suck another dick or two and you'll be all good, till then, keep your mouth shut.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 19 Aug 2003, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Darkness

I ain't gay fool. I don't feel like playing this game with you here. If this is the game we're gonna play on flame war then let's go somewhere else. Actually, I wasn't talking about myself there. I'm just lucky I could get the PPVs. But if they're gonna suck, *points at Raws, then it's not worth getting.
Shannon Moore
All WCW/ECW stars
Old 19 Aug 2003, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

What the fuck are you talking about now? Make sense you dumb faggot. You will play whatever game I feel like making you play. You should feel honored I've even noticed your bitch ass. Most ppl would love to get this much attention from me. So when I tell you to do something, you do it. This isn't a war, this is me, smacking you upside your head for being a fucking dumb ass mark. Talk back to me again, and I will just have to start really fucking you up and give you a real reason to hate me.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 20 Aug 2003, 01:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rated PG

Papa Geno is on a distinguished road

I think part of the reason the buyrate was so low is because Vince McMahon isn't the draw he thinks he is. This was also apparent at Wrestlemaina Hogan vs McMahon wasn't nearly as big of a draw as Hogan vs Rock. Recently Vince was a no show at House show he hyped himself to be at. Apparently attendance didn't increase because of his promise to appear. Who would have thought Vince vs. a one legged man wouldn't be a draw? It also probably didn't help to have Stephanie vs Sable at Vengence. Stephanies match was hyped up more than the U.S. title match. The U.S. title may have also turned off fans because both Benoit and Guerrero have held the belt already before it looked like a toy. Benoit and Guerrero should be past the midcard!
Old 20 Aug 2003, 02:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.

^That's a great first post...great points made...welcome..
Old 20 Aug 2003, 05:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rated PG

Papa Geno is on a distinguished road

Thanks man!
Old 20 Aug 2003, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

no problem..