ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Booker T finished?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2003, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road
Default Booker T finished?

I was reading recently that Booker T said that he'd probably only be in the WWE for a couple of years due to a nagging spinal injury that hasn't been able to fully heal. He has worked through it for the better part of the past few years but it now seems to have gotten the better of him, leading to a surprising I-C title switch off-camera at a house show.

Word is, and this could be true or false, that Booker was hurting and the plan was to have him drop the belt on camera on Raw or possibly a PPV, but was in such poor condition after the Australian tour that he was hardly able to perform, thus the off-camera switch.

There seems to be a chance that Booker could decide to cut his WWE run short due to this injury, especially now that it has worsened, and that his career is over. As it is, Booker stands to miss 8+ months with this injury, at which time he will likely either attempt a return, or hang up the boots.

If it's true that Book was only planning to be in WWE for a couple of years to begin with, it stands to reason that we may have seen the last of Booker T.

I hope not.

If anyone knows anything more, please post it and let us know.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I hope he dosen't retire,but if his health is suffering,life is more important than wrestling...
Old 18 Aug 2003, 02:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Adversary

Very true.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 04:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Awww I suddenly feel all sad if Stick hadn't fucked around with my account so much I'd probably be taken seriously but here goes.

Nooker was cool, He Could kick the poop out've anything. He had that spinaropi, HE had skill he could hold a muc and he could also hold a moc.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

Kurok is on a distinguished road

Sad, its just too damn bad when a guy who can both be an awesome wrestler and awesome talent gets his in-ring career cut down to a shorter run, especially if he could have had a great run as a world champ. but unfortunently the odds of that happening now have gotten even lower.

What about me? What about Kurok?
Kurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

man even though Booker is/was my fav wrestler I really have to agree with the one here...
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

You know, I don't see much happening with Booker again. He might be able to come back and work one last good fued, but he's pretty much done with. Look at how hard it is for the guys with back problems allready. HBK works one match a year, Austin can't wreslte, but Booker might not be a big enough star to stay on screen in a non wrestling role, but who knows what will happen. I hope he comes through ok and we see him in the ring again.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

once again I agree...
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Hope he get better and we don't lose him completly...
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Goddamn you fucking WWE. You fucking Idiots prive a great wrestler of a decent title and title run while with WWE. Why cause he had 5 times in WCW? Or is WWE really racist unless its with the Rock. Fucking Booker T was worthy of the belt when he fueded with HHH.....but we all know how that turned out. Booker had a re instated IC belt what? A couple of days after being humiliated a few times before he even got it. Get well Booker T. Even though your a convicted felon.......your a great wrestler.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2003, 04:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Adversary

Update: During the Christian / RVD match on Raw, J.R. sent his best wishes out to Booker T and said that he hopes to see Booker back in a few weeks. Maybe the injury is not as serious as originally thought, or perhaps it's just being downplayed. Either way, it seems that there is reason to hope Booker might return, and it's nice to know the WWE isn't ready to write him off just yet.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 03:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Darkness

Darkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improve

That's good news. Get well Booker.
Shannon Moore
All WCW/ECW stars
Darkness Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2003, 06:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

SpiritK9 is on a distinguished road

Even when healthy, Booker was probably the most mis-used wrestler in all of WWE. And no, I don't count A-Train, whose role is so minor. If all he's going to get is near-misses for title shots, he's better off retiring to heal his back. He doesn't need the frustration.