ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The Bottom Line....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Aug 2003, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default The Bottom Line....

Much has changed I suppose since I was last here...Which wasn't long ago but long enough that this place seems a far memory....As I contemplated my life away from PWF and the internet and wrestling....Many thoughts went through my head...Would I ever come back...Had things changed too much since I first went into the IWC back in 2001-02....My thoughts shifted to wrestling itself...And how far it had come since the 70's......80's.....And 90's.....Specifically the boom of the mid-to-late 90's.....I began to think about the WWE present-day....And I came to astonishing fact that I no longer cared what happened on Mondays and Thursdays....I know not why or how I came to this conclusion....But it was rather shocking....I have been watchin' wrestling for the past decade...And it seemed odd of all times that now would be the time I would stop caring...

Marbles once said it best that wrestling goes in cycles....And that we are in a down or transitional period....I can't help but agree with him....

But I look at one important factor also contributing to perhaps.... Not nesecarilly its decline...But if anything my own distaste with wrestling itself....The elmination of kayfabe...

After Survivor Series '97....Vince came out and publicly stated he would no longer insult the fans intelligence with the Good Guy Vs. Bad Guy type of wrestling that had ensued in previous eras.... With this bold move came the Attitude Era....Yet Vince did something more vulgar than creating the Attitude Era....He threw out the rule book....

What would be beneficial to Vince in the short term may have been his undoing in the long run....With no rules inplace....Vince can do whatever he wants....And has nobody to answer too....Angles become hogwash and nothing really needs to make coherent sense....The recent happenings with Kane basically screw over everything that happened from '97 to now....All because Vince threw out kayfabe and thus needs no boundaries in which to base his doings....

It's nice to be back....Although this place seems so strange to me....I'll be glad to hear lashings of my fellow IWC members....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Triple X Factor

.::xXx::. is on a distinguished road

^ welcome back
i dont think we have met but i have only been here for about a month, you have probably been here from day one, or at least week one.
<option>Xtremist</option>
<option>Xtasy</option>
<option>Xstravigant</option>
<option>Xzillerant</option>
<option>Xciting</option>
<option>X'm Up</option>
<option>X Marks The Spot</option>
<option>Fuck Naw</option>
<option>X Spots The Marks</option>
</select>

::X:: Rearange the whole game with my rugged sound ::X::
::X:: Wont even say your own name when i come around ::X::
::X:: Stay on top but remain on the underground ::X::

.::xXx::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2003, 03:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Very well said Slash and It's great to have you back....
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2003, 03:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kevin Garnett

The Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via MSN to The Big Ticket

Welcome back Slash

Go Timberwolves!
The Big Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2003, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

yes welcome, Hot Towel?

I'm Dante and I'm new so I guess I'm the new bitch around here.

Everything you said before is all valid and true but would you still trade todays style of wrestling for the old school style? I am serious would you care if we weren't allowed to climb the top rope or get DQ for using a clenched fist?
Old 07 Aug 2003, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

It's not so much the style of wrestling....Perhaps it may be in a small sense....Vince's new formula for the wrestlers....A slow ground based attack will definately prevent injuries....But the fact is....When you have a youngster like John Cena with his finishing manuever being a DVD...It raises questions...When you have Brock Lesnar...Performing a STP in the main event at Wrestlemania...I think it's more a case of having young wrestlers doing inexperienced manuevers than anything...

So as far as the wrestling itself being changed....No, let it stay the same...But I think it would do well to have it somewhat altered...Leave Mysterio and Dragon the High-Flying end and leave Brock and HHH the power moves....Don't start to intertwine them with one another...It could become dangerous....A La Brock at Wrestlemania...

9 Times....
Old 07 Aug 2003, 06:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

^I totally agree.
Old 07 Aug 2003, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

yeah, but Brock had nailed the stp before and he looked pretty damn cool doing it. If he had nailed it like he had been then ppl would be going apeshit over how great he is and all...

Anyways, it's good to see you around here Slash. Hope you hang out for a while.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2003, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

What's up Exo...How's it goin'....He may of nailed it in OVW....But that's like LeBron playin' HS Ball....Do something on the big stage...Is all I'm tryin' to say...Nonetheless....Thanks for the shout-out....

9 Times....
Old 07 Aug 2003, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Tooker B is on a distinguished road

Vince didn't create wwf attitude, vince russo is the mastermind of the whole concept. without russo we would all still be watching nitro.
Tooker B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2003, 08:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Cena doing a DVD is a whole lot safer then a guy as big a Lesner jumping off a top rope. It's more common sense then experience to me. Even Kevin Nash flubbed the Jackknife.
Old 07 Aug 2003, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^^^^Vince Russo or Mcmahon didn't invent WWE Attitude, Paul Heyman did in ECW, Vince just introduced it to a broader Audience, mainstream if you willl...
Old 07 Aug 2003, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Tooker B..you have no idea what you're talking about..