ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Overused, Underused, Useful or Useless?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Aug 2003, 03:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Overused, Underused, Useful, Useless or Misused

Well the name of thread says it all, I'll give you a list of WWE Superstars and you tell me whether they are.

Over-Used
Under-Used
Useful
Useless
Mis-used

BTW could you alteast try to give a reason.

Simple game really the first 16 Superstars:
RAW:
Rob Van Dam
Steve Richards
Kevin Nash
Steiner
Test
Hurricane
Rico
Tommy Dreamer

SmackDown!:
Eddie Guerrero
Matt Hardy (Mattitude)
Big Show
Billy Gunn
Rikishi
Rhyno
Funaki
Hardcore Holly

EDIT - Read the rest of the thread and you'll figure out why it was edited.

Last edited by Dante; 05 Aug 2003 at 08:22 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2003, 04:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Adversary

HeelFace is on a distinguished road

Okay, I'll play!

RAW:
RVD - Under-used, sometimes useless. The guy rarely looks excited, mad, etc., and has very poor mic/acting skills. He is great in the ring, though, so I say he should get more air time.
Steven Richards - Useful. Give this guy a decent angle and he can perform. Needs a solid finisher and to step out on his own.
Kevin Nash - Useless. Not since Hogan has there been such a crappy wrestler.
Steiner - Useless. Once was great, now too big to move.
Test - Useful. His program with Steiner is actually carrying on fairly well. He has great gifts, must learn to use them.
Hurricane - Over-used. Not to say he's not very good, but he's not all that.
Rico - New Category: Misused. This guy is a tough dude, but look at him now. I hope his momma is proud.
Tommy Dreamer - Over-rated. I find it amazing that this guy got as far as he did just by swinging objects around and getting hit by them in return. No-talent bum.

SmackDown!:
Eddie Guerrero - Useful. In my opinion, the most interesting guy to watch over the last two months.
Matt Hardy - Useful. Has also been in some solid matches recently, and has a good thing going right now.
Big Show - Useless. C'Mon, people, are we really supposed to fear a 500 lb man who loses to a one-legged kid in an ass-kicking contest? (Sorry.)
Billy Gunn - Useless - Hate to say it, but rarely has a guy done so little with so much. He has the look, enough talent to get by on, but still can't get over.
Rikishi - Is he still around? Oh, and, uh, useless.
Rhyno - Useful. But, I don't buy him as a heel, and he needs to show us some more moves. (Preferable a few that aren't already being used by Goldberg.)
Funaki - Useful & Under-used. It's tough to get small Japanese wrestlers over in North America. Taka, anyone? But Funaki is over, and can put on a decent match. He would be a good fit in the Cruiserweight division.
Hardcore Holly - Useless. I know he's a tough guy, and I've seen him perform pretty well, but the amount of TV time he's getting right now is perfect. (None.) He doesn't give a crown any reason to get excited.

I'm gonna add one of my own, just for good measure:
Brock Lesner - Over-used. Why all the hype? He looks like a monster (from the neck down, anyway), but I fail to see why he was pushed to the title so quickly. Where are all of his amateur skills? All I see is a lot of kicking and punching followed by an F-5. Show some of your technique, man! I'll give him time, but thus far, I'm far from impressed.
HeelFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2003, 08:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally poset by Heelface
New Category: Mis-used
That was the one I was missing, thanks for that.

I was actually gonna put Brock in the Nezt Thread of this I post but yeah whatever I don't really care, thanks for reminding me I gotta change the title now.
Old 05 Aug 2003, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

RAW

Rob Van Dam: Over used and Useless. Can't stand this flippy bullshit he's always doing. No selling bitch. Send his ass back to OVW to learn some mat skills.
Steve Richards: Useless. Just fire him and get it over with.
Kevin Nash: Misused. Where the hell has he been since his last fued? Nowhere. Send his ass back in the ring and make him earn a check for once.
Steiner: Misused. He was fucked with his HHH fued, then made a great comeback in his Test fued, just to kinda be left out now. He has improved since returning deserves a bit more air time.
Test: Useless. Had a million pushes and never came through. Just fire him.
Hurricane: Underused. I love the hurricane. He's got so much talent, but they never get behind him all the way.
Rico: Misused. I can't tell what kind of talent this guy has because they're always making him have some stupid fag gimmick that takes away from his skills.
Tommy Dreamer: I don't know because I haven't seen him in months.

SmackDown!

Eddie Guerrero: Usefull. Too much to say about how great he is doing and how much he's improved since returning. Nothing but mad props to Eddie. Hopefully after a couple solid defenses, he goes after the championship. Eddie vs Angle could be huge.
Matt Hardy (Mattitude): Underused. The guy is just doing great. His gimmick is great, his skills are great, although not nearly as extreme as they try to call it. He looked bad ass the other week when he was beating the shit out of Benoit with blood all over his face. If he delivered that every single time, he can be champ. One of my favs on SD. He needs to ditch Shannon Moore though.
Big Show: Usefull. The Heal on SD. His gimmick has gotten so much better than it was and he's really turned up his intensity since coming back. Much better. I just want to see him with a finisher that's not a chokeslam and I don't know why they got rid of his final cut or whatever it was called. That looked pretty sick.
Billy Gunn: Useless. Make him a road agent and leave it at that. No need to see tthis ass kissing faggot on tv anymore. He's done.
Rikis Underused. The Phat Phuck was so over before getting injured and for a time was a major heel, Hopefully he can get out of Heat hell and back into a run. He needs to get meaner though, like how Show go mean and it got him to the top.
Rhyno: Usefull. He's in a pretty good spot and going into a new fued should help his career. I'd like to see him fucking up A Train.
Funaki: Underused. Don't know why, and I don't really like him in the ring, but for whatever reason, he's pretty over. I like him more on the mic and when he was doing interviews and shit.
Hardcore Holly: Useless. Had some good hype when he came in, but has never done anything really exciting. Oh no, not another one of Bob's chops!!! This is the kind of jobber Berg should be beating down.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2003, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
!TAP OUT TO TAZZMISSION!

13Tazzplex13 is on a distinguished road

RAW:
Rob Van Dam - MISUSED. Since ECW's demise, RVD has become a mere shadow of what he used to be. Back the Hardcore title and he may become interesting again.

Steve Richards - USEFUL, UNDERUSED, and MISUSED. Damn, how can a guy so talented be so underapprecaited!?!

Kevin Nash - Like Goldberg, Hogan, Big Show, and Maven he is very USELESS.

Steiner - Improving since his WWE debut but can be USEFUL later on.

Test - Was USELESS, but he is actually playing a good heel with the Scott Steiner/Stacy angle. USEFUL.

Hurricane - Was going somewhere after defeating Rock, went nowhere, and now has a funny gimmick with Rosey. USEFUL, but better off on SmackDown...

Rico - MISUSED, for the reasons HeelFace stated.

Tommy Dreamer - UNDERUSED and MISUSED. He helped ECW become what is is/was. He is a decent wrestler even without weapons. The Hardcore title was going somewhere when he was the last champ.

SmackDown!:
Eddie Guerrero - Very USEFUL since his return to WWE. He will make the U.S. title mean something.

Matt Hardy (Mattitude) - USEFUL. Hopefully becomes the one to defeat Geurrero for the title.

Big Show - USELESS.

Billy Gunn - Like HeelFace said, he has been around so long and done so little...USELESS

Rikishi - USELESS. After the 'who ran over Stone Cold' angle ended, no one cared for him. He now dances for cheap pops.

Rhyno - USEFUL. Turn him into the monster he was in ECW and he'll be a major player in WWE.

Funaki - UNDERUSED, USEFUL, and MISUSED. He is a great wrestler but WWE doesn't know how to use Japanese wrestlers.

Hardcore Holly - (see Billy Gunn) USELESS

The Mood Is About To Change
13Tazzplex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2003, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Rvdverused and useless,This guy has bothced so many moves I can't even count..and name me one move besides the moonsault that this guy does other than his normal kicks?

Steven Richards:Usefull,for being a good jobber that is..

Kevin Nash:Mis-used..This guy has done nothing recently..

Steiner:Usefull:I like his feud with test.and he has been improving..

Test:Useful..He's playing a good heel..and has average skils in the ring..

Hurricane:Useful,and mis-used..This guy has great potenetial..but yet the WWE seems to keep him a jobber

Rico:Useless..no one cares about him or his gay gimmick

Tommy Dreamer:Very Misused..He should be up there in the ic title ranks..not appearing on heat every two weeks..

Eddie guerrero:Useful,His preformance in the ring and on the mic are outstanding..

Matt Hardy:Very Useful,I'd like to see him in a feud with eddie or benoit for the U.s title..

Big Show:Useful,This guy is the best heel on SD period and he does damn good in the ring for a guy his size..

billy Gunn:Useless,His wrestling skills have left him..plus I hate the Mr. Ass gimmick..

Rikishi..Underused,I think he's good enough to consistently be the opening match on SD..

Rhyno:Useful,He has great intensity,and i like him as a heel with this feud with benoit..

Funaki:Underused,This guy is such a great wrestler,He could do great with the creserweights..

Hardcore Holly:Useless,No once really care about him anymore..
Old 05 Aug 2003, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sekken yatsu's haka

Ayumi is on a distinguished road

Brock Lesnar:
Seriously overused in my opinion. The WWE rely far too much on Brock lesnar to keep things interesting on SmackDown! Granted they use him as part of the equation in the spotlight for the WWE title along with Kurt Angle and The Big Show but to be honest I am simply tired of seeing him headlining week in and week out. His routine is terribly boring because he's not making the strides he should be on a characteristics level. Anyone else who was stalling on building a good character would be shot down within a month yet the WWE continue to keep at the top of the ladder because of his physical appeal. I think a good character and its ability to mesh with a good angle is as important (especially in the WWE) as their ability to put on a good show in the ring. We've all grasped the concept of him being a very agile and powerful competitior but do we really need to be reminded of it week in and week out with him slaughtering superstars right left and center, I wish the WWE would drop him for a while and allow more talent a shot at his position.

Triple H:
Another superstar who I believe is seriously overused. It is not a case of him having backstage pull or whatever it is a case of he is about as boring as headline superstars come. His gimmick has seriously run dry and he really is left to run on empty, I dislike tuning in every week to know that we are most likely going to be treated to another snoozefest promo that is so flat that if you poured water on it a puddle would form. He is also no where near his physical stature of 2001 so his matches tend to follow the same routine pattern at every Pay per View. Why the company rely so much on him is beyond me because unlike for example Kurt Angle putting on a great match with anybody is not his speciality, his matches with the likes of Steiner have been a joke and where I come from get laughed for being passed off as top talent in the company. If he would swallow his pride instead of Vince's dick maybe Raw would not be reduced to entire gimmick alterings on Raw like Kane losing his mask and the shows being overrun with McMahon exploits.

Those are about the only two I care to comment on at this time

Izuku kese a hiroimono take ketsu kan kekki se?

Ayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2003, 04:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

RAW:
Rob Van Dam - Misused, If they bring back the Hardcore title and make him champ we'll probaly see some changes in the WWE.
Steve Richards - Misused, He has talent but yet he plays your average jobber
Kevin Nash - Useless, He's overpayed and old
Steiner - Smae as Kevin
Test - Usefull, He has skills and can show he can play the heel
Hurricane - Overused, We see too much of Hurricane every damn week
Rico - Misused, Why do we need more fags in the WWE?
Tommy Dreamer - Totally underused and now useless, He's surposedly a writer now

SmackDown!:
Eddie Guerrero - Usefull, Probably the most talented person on SmackDown
Matt Hardy (Mattitude) - Usefull but Underused, The surviving Hardy has skills that his younger brother wish he had
Big Show - Overused and useless, I am sooo over the Big Show
Billy Gunn - I thought he retired and if he's not then he SHOULD!
Rikishi - Underused, They only use Rikishi for his fat ass which is quite demeaning
Rhyno - Usefull, If he was put in some more Hardcore matches everythin would be sweet
Funaki - Underused, Funaki ruled he had Mad Mic Skills.....hehehe Evil indeed
Hardcore Holly - Over used, if they even use him once its considered overusage to me.
Old 09 Aug 2003, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

RAW:
Rob Van Dam- overused, Semi useful, shows no emotion, cant use a mic
Steve Richards-MISUSED useful
Kevin Nash-overused
Steiner-Underused misused useful SHOULD HAVE THE WORLD TITLE GOT SCREWED OVER AGAINST HHH BECAUSE VINCE WONT GIVE ANYTHING BUT HIS OWN CREATIONS A BREAK!!!!CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH EVEN IN CAPITAL LETTERS WITH EXCESSIVE EXCLAMATON POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test-overused useless Hello mini-Nash
Hurricane-useful underused- I'd like to see him hold the world title for one week after beating Goldberg to end his streak HIlarious
Rico-Misused
Tommy Dreamer-Underused useful

SmackDown!:
Eddie Guerrero-overused, useful
Matt Hardy (Mattitude)-useful, overused
Big Show-useless, overused
Billy Gunn-misused
Rikishi-underused, Back dat ass up
Rhyno-useless
Funaki-underused,useful
Hardcore Holly-Worthless
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2003, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Darkness

Darkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improve

RAW:

Rob Van Dam: Under appreciated. WWE thinks he sucks. If that's the general feeling then I'm afraid he shouldn't be there. He's good and should be given a chance to be World Champ.

Steve Richards: Sucks, no place for him. Should go to NWA-TNA where he'll get a chance to succeed. Don't see why he's so damn special.

Kevin Nash: One more run then he could retire.

Steiner: Gotten better though I didn't see him and HHH fight in the 1st place. Should get an IC Title run.

Test: Misused. Should do something else like maybe getting his act together and focus on becoming a World Title contender. Otherwise, fire him and let him go to NWA-TNA.

Hurricane: Misused. I like the current gimmick with Rosey. Should be taken seriously and given a chance to be IC Champion.

Rico: Worthless and should be let go and then goes to NWA-TNA where he'll get a chance to succeed.

Tommy Dreamer: Not even used. I don't know if he is still with WWE anymore.

SmackDown!:

Eddie Guerrero: Latino Heat. Good choice for the US Title, after that, push him up to the WWE Title ranks.

Matt Hardy (Mattitude): Overrated to a degree. I don't get what's so special about Mattitude. It's running low on ideas. A bit overused.

Big Show: Overused. In the World Title picture, yes.

Billy Gunn: Misused. Should be a singles fighter and not team with Jamie Noble.

Rikis Underused. Needs to do something with him.

Rhyno: Misused. Needs to do something. Reason for no title is 'cause he was a star in ECW.

Funaki: Misused. Quit having him wrestle A-Train.

Hardcore Holly: Injured, does he still work for them?

Overused:
HHH-Does the world revolve around him? I think not. Needs to let someone be World Champ.
Darkness Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2003, 10:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

RAW:
Rob Van Dam- I have to go with both under used and mis-used,There is so much more RVD has to offer and so much more they could do with him if they would get their head outa their ass and notice it.

Steve Richards-mis-used,I really think he has something to offer,but I dont like what they have done with him.

Kevin Nash-Tough call,I always liked Big Sexy,but I'm begaing to think mabey he scould call it quits,but I woukld'nt call him useless.

Steiner-Plain and simple useless

Test-Over used,he just does'nt seem to have that special something

Hurricane-Under used

Rico- Oh lord as useless as one can get

Tommy Dreamer-Under used and mis used big time!

SmackDown!:
Eddie Guerrero-Under used,he has so much talent they really need to let him run with it.

Matt Hardy (Mattitude)Useless,I'm sorry not a big Hardy fan.

Big Show-As useless as a cow that can't give milk.

Billy Gunn-Useful

Rikishi-Mis-used and under used.

Rhyno-Under used.

Funaki-Useful in some ways.

Hardcore Holly-A useless SOB.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2003, 05:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

RAW:
Rob Van Dam-misused, they need to give him a title push
Steve Richards-overused, NO ONE wants to see him kiss guys on heat
Kevin Nash-just rite
Steiner-useless
Test-misused
Hurricane-UNDERUSED! mis-used, useful
Rico-very, very useles
Tommy Dreamer-underused, misused

SmackDown!:
Eddie Guerrero-useful
Matt Hardy (Mattitude)-useless, i dont like hardy