ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Chris Benoit should get a title run

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2003, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sekken yatsu's haka

Ayumi is on a distinguished road
Default Chris Benoit should get a title run

For years on end now I have been saying this and it has yet to become a reality. The WWE never seems to make a commodity out of this superstar and I have no idea why, he is in my opinion the best techinical wrestler in the comapany and has been for quite a measure of time. I see no reason to hold this man back any longer, the intervention of his neck injury a while back stopped him dead in his tracks when at which point he was finally stepping up to become a consistent major player in the company. I did not understand why upon his return he was not given a major push back up the card. Naturally it takes time to build the character back up again but he never received the attention that he probably should have. In my view you could take an incident like this out of Kane's book. When Kane was injured last year the WWE took it upon themselves to create a major campaign in hyping up his return, now this return failed to gain momentum in my view because the WWE simply pushed too hard, they tried to create the impression that Kane was a top liner before he left and he deserved this massive rush upon return to the top when the fact of the matter was that Kane was not headliner material before he left, he was an ample middle card man. The thing is Chris Benoit was finally reaching a top spot when he was cut off by injury and beyond the trademark promotions througout the shows each week he never really received the ruckus he deserved. Now here we are almost two years later and Chris Benoit is still not in the true title scene, his last shot came at Royal Rumbe and everyone and their grandmother knew he was being exploited because the Angle/Lesnar match at WrestleMania was almost a dead cert go ahead.The myth of Chris's lack of character seems to be the main force of reason behind not allowing him a title shot, but how can he be expected to gather depth if they simply use him as filler material to the bigger matches? he has been floundering for far too long now, Benoit does his talking in the ring like Brock Lesnar yet he gets pushed to the moon while Benoit gets dropped to the side. I say a Benoit title run is long overdue and the WWE are being foolish in focusing on new talent when a veteran like Chris is there in his prime.

What do you all think about this matter?

Izuku kese a hiroimono take ketsu kan kekki se?

Ayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2003, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Well now that he lost the US mide card belt to Eddie, its time for him to head fro the top title in SD...and WIN!
Old 02 Aug 2003, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Darkness

Darkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improveDarkness Wave can only hope to improve

They think Chris Benoit sucks. That's the only reason they won't give him a chance. WWE has a thing where it goes something like this or similar: If you were an star in another orgainzaion, you're not getting our World Title. At least that's the impression I get. And they think he's "too small" to have the World Title.
Shannon Moore
All WCW/ECW stars
Darkness Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2003, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Benoit is a great wrestler..And he should be a semi-main eventer..but not the WWE champion..
Old 03 Aug 2003, 01:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Benoit is one of the most skilled athletes and one of the best technical wrestlers in the WWE today. He does deserve to be the champion. He's been dedicated to the business for so many years, but he just overlooked all the time. He takes it in stride though, putting on some of the ebst matches either show can offer. People talk about his lack of mic skills, I don't think they're all that bad. There are definitely people that are a lot worse on the stick than him (RVD, Kane, Show just for starters). I like that they are pushing younger talent and I have enjoyed seeing Lesnar, Cena, Haas, Benjamin, Bashams, O'Haire, etc but I think it is wrong that Benoit doesn't even get into the title picture. He should be main eventing against the likes of Angle and Lesnar and beating them for the championship. He has been one of my favorites going back to his WCW days and he continues to be one of my favorites and it's frustrating to see such a great talent not get the main event spots that he deserves. MAKE BENOIT CHAMPION DAMNIT!!!!!!!!
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2003, 04:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness Wave
They think Chris Benoit sucks. That's the only reason they won't give him a chance. WWE has a thing where it goes something like this or similar: If you were an star in another orgainzaion, you're not getting our World Title. At least that's the impression I get. And they think he's "too small" to have the World Title.

well if that were true eddie wouldnt have a title booker wouldnt hogan wouldnt of and most especially HHH and austin since they were all in wcw then came to or back to wwe and have all won titles
Old 03 Aug 2003, 06:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Depends on What Title You want Beniot to hold. If you're talking about the World Title I'd probably give hima couple more months. Probaly the person who deserves a title shot more than Beniot in my eyes has to be Kane. Now a Major main Star on RAW he has been playing best to stars like RVD, HHH and Booker on one occassion. Kane hasn't been Champ for wait like years now and I reckon the dude's been working his ass off since then. Sure he's heild the minor titles like the Hardcore & Tag Champs but If he's really gonna get respected as a singles competitor now he has to get a title shot or maybe even a run. The Next Champ on SmackDown or on RAW will be decided ages from now. I don't know but those WWE writers wouldn't know a good storyline if it came at them with a chainshaw.

Last edited by Dante; 05 Aug 2003 at 03:24 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2003, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Triple X Factor

.::xXx::. is on a distinguished road

Benoit is probably one of the most talanted wrestlers ive ever seen, he is a mat genious, a techniqal master and a perfect move exacuter.

But the problem is with Vince McMahon, he dosnt like to see other company's creations become one of the best in the WWE. Lets take Steiner, he was a headlinar in the world of wrestling, and a icon among other wrestlers, but were did his skills first headline as a main eventer, in Wc, because of that Vince dosnt want to see him make it to the top of the WWE. Same with Booker T, and Chris Benoit is lucky that Vince has let him have as good of status he has today. And at SummerSlam, Golberg will lose to HHH and then get pushed down to a mid carder, because he got his stardom in WcW.
<option>Xtremist</option>
<option>Xtasy</option>
<option>Xstravigant</option>
<option>Xzillerant</option>
<option>Xciting</option>
<option>X'm Up</option>
<option>X Marks The Spot</option>
<option>Fuck Naw</option>
<option>X Spots The Marks</option>
</select>

::X:: Rearange the whole game with my rugged sound ::X::
::X:: Wont even say your own name when i come around ::X::
::X:: Stay on top but remain on the underground ::X::

.::xXx::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2003, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yeah I'd also agree with that agrument, I reckon its time to give Jericho a title run, any title really so he can get more heat from the fans for bragging about his obvious controvesial victory over that former champ. Then again Jericho can generate enough heat just by talking so its really a empty choice.
Old 03 Aug 2003, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Originally posted by The_One
Benoit is a great wrestler..And he should be a semi-main eventer..but not the WWE champion..

EXACTLY
Old 03 Aug 2003, 04:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Triple X Factor

^ yes, i think he deserves to be the champion too but Vince is to big headed and is holding him back
<option>Xtasy</option>
<option>Xciting</option>
<option>X'm Up</option>
</select>

Old 03 Aug 2003, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

i think that he wont be WWE champ because, well he is a technical wrestler, and basically has no mic skills...thats probably why he hasn't held the wwe title yet
Old 03 Aug 2003, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sekken yatsu's haka

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine
i think that he wont be WWE champ because, well he is a technical wrestler, and basically has no mic skills...thats probably why he hasn't held the wwe title yet
I very much disagree with what you had to say Wolverine. Kurt Angle is a three time WWE champion and relies very heavily on his ability where technical accuracy is concerned. If being a technical wrestler were the case then Kurt Angle would not have rose to the top of the organisation like he did. I understand anyone's basic response to this statement "Angle has the mic skills to match his in ring ability". That is very true but the fact of the matter is that most superstars have always been able to improve different aspects of their work, but how can Chris Benoit be expected to improve on a characterisation level if he is not given ample oppurtunity to further his character traits? Any time Benoit has been given a shot at the limelight is when other stars have been sidelined and there is the feeling of no one else to bank on but Chris, this manner is not letting him develop his character at all because it has always been a brief stint at the top followed by a return to a middle section of the program. If the WWE are not willing to persevere with Benoit and give him more on screen character time then how can any fanbase be consistent in wanting him as a headliner if the company itself will no create consistency and allow him to branch out? I hate seeing such a tremendous talent go to waste because of their inability to see a marketable performer in him. Benoit came back from a career threatening injury to resume his quest for a long term top spot but was shot down. Benoit was finally getting over with the fans when he fueded with Steve Austin in 2001, he has never progressed from that point and I believe the WWE should concentrate more effort on him because they are wasting a great oppurtunity for a major star in my view.

Old 03 Aug 2003, 07:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Triple X Factor

^ and to add to that
I dont think Kurt Angle has that good mic skills

to me mic skills means either[list=a][*]He makes it funny[*]he intimidates everyone
or[*]he makes it sound exciting[/list=a]
<option>Xtasy</option>
<option>Xciting</option>
<option>X'm Up</option>
</select>

Old 03 Aug 2003, 07:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sekken yatsu's haka

I think Kurt has the best mic skills in the company just short of The Rock and Stone Cold anyway. he plays the crowd very well in my opinion, not many tweeners can pull off the crowd going for and against them like Kurt Angle can.