ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

This Un-American gimmick the WWE has going...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default This Un-American gimmick the WWE has going...

.is it just me or does it seeem the WWE is taking this a bit too far?? I mean haven't they learned from the last time they did this a few years back with the Hart Foundation? At a point actuall fights broke out with fans from Canada against other fans from the States on both sides of the border... and then lets not forget that little screwup with Vince, Brett, and HBK.. And with social issues slightly frayed right now between Canada and the U.S., is it such a good idea to "add fuel to the fire" so to speak? I mean the Potential flag burning was rather pushing it..

Hell Christian isn't even really from Canada.. hes a native of Florida!!

What say you all?
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Awesomeness Personified

The Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: This Un-American gimmick the WWE has going...

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
Hell Christian isn't even really from Canada.. hes a native of Florida!!
Being born and raised in Toronto, Ont. makes you a Canadian. He hasn't claimed American citizenship, thus is still a Canadian. He only resides in the USA.

The Awesome One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Oops my mistake...
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Awesomeness Personified

The Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the rough

It's no big deal.

Anyway, back to the point of the post. It's hard to say exactly what is to far o pushing it. Obviously something like using 9/11 is to far, but is flag burning to far? A lot of people will say yes, and a lot would say no.

Same goes for any storylines that are part of the whole "shock TV" thing. You'll get mixed reactions if you ask about HLA, Billy & Chuck, and the Island Boys attacking women. Mixed reactions occurred when the Undertaker crucified Stone Cold, DX made the crotch chop a household gesture, and when the WWF had The Kat go topless at Armageddon. Basically, I believe it all comes down to personal opinion. The WWE wants some sort of reaction from you. They want a reaction that's going to make you tune in next week.

As for people getting in fights over a storyline, I remember hearing about it, and thought it was stupid. If a stolyine (which is the operative word) can cause you to have agressive outbursts against someone else, then maybe they should grow up and learn how to function in society. If a made up story gets someone fighting, I'd hate to see how someone deals with real life problems.

Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
In love with Cherelle

Duece is on a distinguished road

dont hurt me because its just TV

<a href="http://www.musicfeet.com" target="_blank"><embed name="RAOCXplayer" src="http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll%3Fsid=5446090&pt=url&xdata=0-17030857-NaN&s=0&b=&zz=a.asx" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="320" height="265" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" AutoSize="false" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0" DisplaySize="0" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"></embed><p>Get More Music Videos @ MusicFeet.com</a>
Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

rustybrooks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Awesomeness
It's no big deal.

Anyway, back to the point of the post. It's hard to say exactly what is to far o pushing it. Obviously something like using 9/11 is to far, but is flag burning to far? A lot of people will say yes, and a lot would say no.

Same goes for any storylines that are part of the whole "shock TV" thing. You'll get mixed reactions if you ask about HLA, Billy & Chuck, and the Island Boys attacking women. Mixed reactions occurred when the Undertaker crucified Stone Cold, DX made the crotch chop a household gesture, and when the WWF had The Kat go topless at Armageddon. Basically, I believe it all comes down to personal opinion. The WWE wants some sort of reaction from you. They want a reaction that's going to make you tune in next week.

As for people getting in fights over a storyline, I remember hearing about it, and thought it was stupid. If a stolyine (which is the operative word) can cause you to have agressive outbursts against someone else, then maybe they should grow up and learn how to function in society. If a made up story gets someone fighting, I'd hate to see how someone deals with real life problems.
You said it. Anyway it seems to me that it is obvious that the angle is going to be ending relatively soon, as wrestling history shows that when a faction brings in a new guy who is assuming leadership(Regal), and then they start "accidentally" hitting each other (tonights' RAW), it's a pretty good indication that the angle has reached it's end stage. I hope so if only for the fact that I hate seeing Regal wasted in the angle. It really doesn't make sense (although it is wrestling) for an englishman, who's country is the only one in complete support of the U.S. to be so anti-america, to be part of this angle.
rustybrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Awesomeness Personified

I honestly hope Regal's involvement doesn't cause the end of the angle. Especially since he just joined.

As for him joining and England being is support of USA, the angle isn't so much a representation of countries, as it is just a representation of people who do not care for America. I was gald that the WWE finally put Regal in it so the general consensous would move from it being a "Canada Vs. USA" angle, to the "Anti-USA" angle that it actually is.

Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

This angle is so old and used up I'm pretty tired of seeing it, but it was a good idea to add Regal, that way it doesn't look like an America v. Canada thing. However this angle has been around since Gorgious George, Iron Sheek, Ali Sign,Nikli Volkoff and Borris Sucuff, Hart Foundation......A bunch of people in Boston think its stupid and lame that they have to use an angle that has been beat to death so badly..

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2002, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

rustybrooks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Awesomeness
I honestly hope Regal's involvement doesn't cause the end of the angle. Especially since he just joined.

As for him joining and England being is support of USA, the angle isn't so much a representation of countries, as it is just a representation of people who do not care for America. I was gald that the WWE finally put Regal in it so the general consensous would move from it being a "Canada Vs. USA" angle, to the "Anti-USA" angle that it actually is.
Your point is well taken, but I truly believe the angle is winding down, for the reasons I stated before, and the fact that any long term anti America angle can be career suicide for those involved, especially Test. I think that he really has potential to be a lot higher on the card lately. Don't laugh, assholes!
rustybrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2002, 05:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
'tin Man

the unamericans are bad guys bad guys can never be too bad however, as vince learned from the gulf war, usin real-life conflicts to sell tickets isn't very well received anymore. they are not meant to be a major part of the show, just a way ofd getting some easy heat from a usually bored and lifeless crowd.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 05:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

mother fuckers i dont give 2 fucking fucks about no god damn flag, it just symbolisim, i dont give a fuck about no god damn fire, they can be extinguished, and i dont give a fucking shit about no fucking pussy ass story line, but that god damn evil racist cracker vince the cock sucking honkey is trying to purposely fuck with us, after 9 fucking 11 this god damn nazi ass bitch wants controversy, bitch mother fucker ill give you some god damn controversy, if lance the gay bitch so even of touches that flag with fire, i will burn his bitch ass wife, then his bastard ass cildren to death, to symbolize the mother fuckers who burned to death in 9 god damn 11, test me mother fucker, and i promis you i wont fail.

SHOOT EM UP MOTHER FUCKERS, SHOOT EM UP

THE FAGS THE FAGS, THE FAGS ARE ON FIRE, WE DONT GIVE A FUCK LET THE FUCKING FAGS BURN!!!!!!
Old 17 Sep 2002, 06:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
'tin Man

Quote:
Originally posted by LunarNight
mother fuckers i dont give 2 fucking fucks about no god damn flag, it just symbolisim, i dont give a fuck about no god damn fire, they can be extinguished, and i dont give a fucking shit about no fucking pussy ass story line, but that god damn evil racist cracker vince the cock sucking honkey is trying to purposely fuck with us, after 9 fucking 11 this god damn nazi ass bitch wants controversy, bitch mother fucker ill give you some god damn controversy, if lance the gay bitch so even of touches that flag with fire, i will burn his bitch ass wife, then his bastard ass cildren to death, to symbolize the mother fuckers who burned to death in 9 god damn 11, test me mother fucker, and i promis you i wont fail.

THE FAGS THE FAGS, THE FAGS ARE ON FIRE, WE DONT GIVE A FUCK LET THE FUCKING FAGS BURN!!!!!!
you are a twat you needs a bloody good hiding for being such a twat.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 09:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:

What up Star Scream

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2002, 09:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:

You gotta settle down buddy.....
Old 17 Sep 2002, 11:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Quote:

Woah man Chill...